Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rising Rivals in NORTH TEXAS

****"Rising Rivals Prereleases" in North Texas****

Platinum—Rising Rivals Prerelease Tournaments allow you to receive and play with cards from upcoming expansions two weeks prior to the official release date of the set!

A Rivalry is Born!

The latest Pokémon Trading Card Game expansion, Pokémon TCG: Platinum—Rising Rivals, is coming to stores on May 20. This expansion brings powerful Trainers and amazing Pokémon together in new and exciting ways, pitting Trainer against Trainer and Pokémon against Pokémon in battles that are sure to raise players to the top of their games! Platinum—Rising Rivals contains more than 110 cards and features new Pokémon SP and new Pokémon LV.X including Luxray and Gallade, while the Plasma Pokémon Rotom can now be collected in five different forms!

Get a sneak peek when you attend a prerelease tournament near you May 9 through May 17. Plus, receive cool prizes including an exclusive Tropius prerelease promo card just for participating!*

* While supplies last.

Here are our "Rising Rivals Prerelease" dates.

May 9, 2009
"Ground Zero"
2714 E. 5th Street
Tyler, Texas 75701
Start Time: 11:00am
Entry Fee: $25.00

May 9, 2009

"Y2Komics"
5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133
Start Time: 12:00 noon

May 16, 2009
"Comic Book Craze"
1456 Belt Line Road, Suite-121
Garland, Texas 75044

May 17, 2009
"Fantasy Quest"
119 North Sunset Drive
Sherman, Texas 75092

COME AND JOIN IN THE FUN!!!

Master Professor Birch

I'm confused about the May 9 dates you just listed. Which one are you going to be at? Sorry about the big bump.
I surely will be at Y2K, but how are the two overlapped like that?

What, yo didnt know that MPB can be at 2 places at once? He is just that darn good.

Oh, and I would like to order a prize card salad with ranch dressing pls!

I'm confused about the May 9 dates you just listed. Which one are you going to be at? Sorry about the big bump.
I surely will be at Y2K, but how are the two overlapped like that?

MP Birch will be in Tyler for their "Rising Rivals Prerelease". The event at "Y2Komics" will be in the good and capable hands of "Spotter & MrMeches". Go to either event and you will have a great time with the new cards!!!

MP Birch

That is if there's lunch.

Also, you have to make sure you have a POP ID. If you don't, then do not worry as you will be provided w/a registration form for you or your parent/guardian to fill out (if you're under 13 I think).

I'm really looking forward to attending this one. It's been over a year since I've attended any Pokemon TCG event, due to having to work on Saturdays. I assume my POP ID is still valid after such inactivity? lol

That is if there's lunch.

Also, you have to make sure you have a POP ID. If you don't, then do not worry as you will be provided w/a registration form for you or your parent/guardian to fill out (if you're under 13 I think).

Oh yeah, I forgot about the no lunch break thing that's been going on. >.<

Still though, there's always SOMETHING to get on the way if you just want to save it for later, Wendys, Donuts (Unless they close early), or STARBUCKS. :biggrin:

Oh, and to whoever asked if your POP ID is still good yes it is as stated above. (But what they didn't mention is the fact that if Palkia causes a huge tear in space that completely ruins everyones POP ID it won't be anymore. :lol:)

Also to make this post isn't just a big can of spam I'll add a question. Will a booster draft also be held after the main event?

Last edited:
can i come too? 1717171
1. Will you have $25 to pay for the entry fee?
2. Have you played the game or a pre-release before?
3. Do you have a POP ID? (just say yes or no)
4. Do you have a legal parent or guardian if you are under 13?
5. What elsse am I missing?

with the whole pig flu scare... can we get the cards, sleeves, pr card, and extra packs and leave?

just asking because there are several school districts that are shut down up there, or so my wife's sister who lives in fort worth said today

Last edited:
1. Will you have $25 to pay for the entry fee?
2. Have you played the game or a pre-release before?
3. Do you have a POP ID? (just say yes or no)
4. Do you have a legal parent or guardian if you are under 13?
5. What elsse am I missing?

hi what if i am under 13 and dont have a parent or legal guardian?

with the whole pig flu scare... can we get the cards, sleeves, pr card, and extra packs and leave?

just asking because there are several school districts that are shut down up there, or so my wife's sister who lives in fort worth said today

I'm wondering the same thing.

With everything shutting down I want to know if they will to. :/ (Well at least I can look on the bright side, if they don't hold this tournament I'll have enough money for a DSi. :biggrin: )

Oh and Gabriel, what do you mean don't have a parent or legal guardian? Surely if you're under 12 you have a parent or legal guardian, otherwise you wouldn't have a computer. x3

I'm wondering the same thing.

With everything shutting down I want to know if they will to. :/ (Well at least I can look on the bright side, if they don't hold this tournament I'll have enough money for a DSi. :biggrin: )

Oh and Gabriel, what do you mean don't have a parent or legal guardian? Surely if you're under 12 you have a parent or legal guardian, otherwise you wouldn't have a computer. x3

woah woah buddy! when did I ever say I was under 13 or didnt have a parent/guardian?

Back