Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My 1st place regionals deck (I)machamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
pokemon 19
1 machamp lv x
3 machamp (1 revenge machamp and 2 take out machamp)
2 machoke (steady punch)
4 machop (low kick)
3 claydol
3 baltoy
1 uxie (set up)
1 azelf (time walk)
1 regirock

energy 12
4 call energy
8 fighting energy

trainers etc 29
3 stark mountain
2 broken time space
4 roseanne's research
4 bebe's search
2 night maintenance
1 premier ball
2 luxury ball
4 rare candy
2 warp point
3 super scoop up
2 looker's investigation

This deck is supposed to be turn two consistent with getting out a machamp and claydol.
At regionals I went 4-2 in swiss rounds and 4-0 in top 16
This deck is pretty consistent with beating dialga hence the 5-0 tournament record against dialga
The super scoop ups come in handy when an sp deck plays toxicroak
Try it out and you'll see what it can do for you

the revenge machamp i actually regretted playing

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

the regirock came in handy too much to take it out

Last edited:
2 for consistency and discard the second w/ Regicycle.
If anything, Cosmic to the bottom. 2 is a good play.
Think outside the box =]

did you really think you where only alowwed 1 luxury ball in a deck lol wow just wow

but all in all good list machamp is pretty good its better if you just run straight sf machamp =]

I played the other Machamp in Top 4, unfortunately I had prize issues and my Azelf, to get my prized pokemon out was also prized. I had to scoop because with all my Machops prized and azelf prized...Both games (best 2 out of 3) I couldn't rare candy because they were deafening me. So I just rolled over and played dead. But I really liked the revenge machamp there were a few Toxitank style decks I went against and yet it would knock out a Machamp and that revenge was always a good comback for 130 damage. I used my revenge in every game. But that is just my play style. Good Job Tavish

The 2 Luxury isn't bad at all. It gives you a bigger chance of getting it, plus if you have used 1, you can just discard the other with Regirock.

3-3 claydol seems like a bit much, and why aren't there any felicty's drawings? You just wait for one of your pokemon to get KO'd so you can use regirock? Like it'll happen, but waiting seems bad. I also think you need more premier balls, and 2 luxury balls seem bad as well, I'd rather have the option to play something or discard in that slot than having the second one to use in the on discard outlet in the deck that only works once one of pokemon have been KO'd... I like it though, maybe some more warp points, but overall two thumbs up.

well u know he could get rid of energy by retreating etc its not like he wants regi rock power right off the bat like 1st turn youd rather take instead

Personally I like the Revenge Machamp Tav, it comes in great handy when playing against people who like to KO your Lv.X with an Uxie or something along those lines

btw guys, I might be moving to utah in a couple months, anyone point me out to a league near the u of u campus in slc?

sabett- i appreciate your input. i didn't play felicity's because it would make my hand too big for claydol and i didn't rely on the regirock i used it more for like a surprise once they knock it out. the 3-3 claydol just made it really consistent with getting turn two claydol and machamp although i rarely had 3 claydol out

Nice deck man! I play 90% the same cards. Just one more Warp Point and lookers and 2-2 Claydol.

Nontheless, nice job!

It kind of is, but it's always nice to revenge with 130 dmg for 1 energy. I have/had a deck with pure Machamp revenge, as a 2nd attacker line + genger and it works almost as good as speed donking.

What division were you playing in? I agree with the 2 Luxary Ball if you are playing the Regi;and you are. 2 Luxary for consistency and drop the 2nd one with the Regi power. I wouldn't mind talking strat and metas,feel free to PM me. I'm currently 9th in the World in Masters,so I'm sure I can offer some advice that might be helpful to you as well. :]

-Brent S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back