Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NYC League Members

god i leave and there is no point in playin teh game anymore i guess. i dont blame u guys i am pretty awesome lol i will be at the rock around 6 this sunday if anyone wants to go

My cards too Edwin!

god damn i hate you guys lol yea yea be there sunday at 530 or so, anyone who wants there cards back be there or cha aint gettin nada. Chris dont kno what nada means cause tu es un umm....i shouldnt continue or i will get another warning or worse :rolleyes: i just hate you guys is all, and cant wait to see ya sunday :lol:

You know...its nice to know everyone's going to rock on the one weekend im swamped with Homework >.> Have fun guys.

Will anyone be going to Heights of Gaming tomorrow?

I used to go there. I'm sorry but I refuse to go there now, I'm sure I speak for the New York Player Base when I say the game room is just too small for a league. The fact that you have to pay to get in sucks when you figure your paying to use a game room that can comfortably only fit like 10 people.

Im not trying to discourage you Qwachansey, nor am I trying to put down Hog. The Fact is, I've been to HOG on tuesdays for league, no one shows up even during the summer unless they have nothing to do, dont be surprised if you see nothing but Yugioh players between the ages of 11 and 16. Personally Ive had much more fun teaching my college buddies how to play the game and playing with them.

You'll also have to remember that it costs two dollars to use the game room and that there is no eating, drinking, selling or trading of any kind, the store owner even says on the website not to bring your binders with you. Also, when you arrive, you are not allowed to bring your bag into the Game room so you will have to leave it with him and take only your Deck with you.

If you talk to anyone of the NY regulars, they'll tell you that trading is the heart of the game, with loyal players showing up every week being the soul. without these in tow, a league such as Heights of Gaming is bound the fail. the obscene amount of rules and restrictions that have to be followed don't help either, personally it makes me feel like they dont trust us, but thats just me.

All these factors lead into why almost none of the NY fan base goes to heights of gaming and would rather go to a place like Rockefeller Center which isnt even an official league location at all. We've so far gone a year without a really good league to call our own, what HOG does doesnt help our situation any.

Last edited:
I used to go there. I'm sorry but I refuse to go there now, I'm sure I speak for the New York Player Base when I say the game room is just too small for a league. The fact that you have to pay to get in sucks when you figure your paying to use a game room that can comfortably only fit like 10 people.

Im not trying to discourage you Qwachansey, nor am I trying to put down Hog. The Fact is, I've been to HOG on tuesdays for league, no one shows up even during the summer unless they have nothing to do, dont be surprised if you see nothing but Yugioh players between the ages of 11 and 16. Personally Ive had much more fun teaching my college buddies how to play the game and playing with them.

You'll also have to remember that it costs two dollars to use the game room and that there is no eating, drinking, selling or trading of any kind, the store owner even says on the website not to bring your binders with you. Also, when you arrive, you are not allowed to bring your bag into the Game room so you will have to leave it with him and take only your Deck with you.

If you talk to anyone of the NY regulars, they'll tell you that trading is the heart of the game, with loyal players showing up every week being the soul. without these in tow, a league such as Heights of Gaming is bound the fail. the obscene amount of rules and restrictions that have to be followed don't help either, personally it makes me feel like they dont trust us, but thats just me.

All these factors lead into why almost none of the NY fan base goes to heights of gaming and would rather go to a place like Rockefeller Center which isnt even an official league location at all. We've so far gone a year without a really good league to call our own, what HOG does doesnt help our situation any.

Oh my... I was planning to trade there... I won't be going then. Are there any leagues to go to today? Or on Friday or Saturday?

....All these factors lead into why almost none of the NY fan base goes to heights of gaming and would rather go to a place like Rockefeller Center which isnt even an official league location at all. We've so far gone a year without a really good league to call our own, what HOG does doesnt help our situation any.
Wow. I'm glad I didn't go there the other day. I was on my way back from LI (I'm in NJ) and I was thinking of stopping by for a few games. I would not have been happy if I couldn't even bring my bag into the room, never mind all the other stuff.

It really surprises me that there aren't any (other) NYC leagues. Is there any particular reason for this?

Also, do you all meet every week at Rockefeller Center, or just some weeks? I'm in the city a lot, and would love a chance to get my fix.

it depends, if acril says he is coming then we all dont go to the rock. We had a league but the venue went out of business. We usually pratice at the rock before big events. But like i said if Acril comes no one comes :p

The only time we would ever really meet up is right before States, Regionals, or Nats.

Welcome to NY: Home of some of the best players.
Also home to no steady league.

The only time we would ever really meet up is right before States, Regionals, or Nats.

Welcome to NY: Home of some of the best players.
Also home to no steady league.

This is true sadly. The greatest city in the world with one of the smallest player bases. The only way I know how that we can obtain a decently sized league is by going along with king's games and paying 5 bucks per person, which I KNOW no one is willing to do. In today's economy, money is tight as it is.

I've searched high and low for a suitable league and from what i've seen, that's really our only option in terms of official stuff. It's either that or have a beg nintendo world if they'll take us in as a league of theirs which I HIGHLY doubt. Looks like we're gonna have to get used to an weekly meet up spot at Rockefeller Center instead of a decent official league huh guys?:nonono:

BTW its nice to know your showing up at rock to play pokemon more often Taz! :thumb:

What an odd situation. You'd think that TPCi would have an interest in getting leagues going in NYC, as leagues help expand the player base and vice versa. Has anybody contacted POP to see if they're interested in supporting the effort?

I'm not surprised that you're not too hopeful about Nintendo World. I was sorely disappointed when I stopped by. It doesn't seem like they support TCG at all. (I saw some guys sitting on a windowsill playing Magic, though. I thought that was funny.)

Well, I guess you're all going to have to get on the train to NJ to go to league. (The horror!) There are a bunch of good ones in central Jersey.

Back