Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Place To Buy Singles.

Dragonite95

I want to know what the best place online is to buy cards besides Ebay. I'm looking for Luxray GL LV.X. Does anyone know a site that isn't that expensivve?

I use gamingetcstore.com, it's a great site and very trustworthy.

Some of the really popular cards are obviously overpriced but if you need commons/uncommons they are a great resource!

The best site I know is TrollandToad.com. They have good prices and low shipping. But they are out of stock on a lot of things.

Troll and Toad is sold out, at 22 dollars apiece.
Amazon has two in stock, at 27 dollars apiece.
Gamingetcstore is sold out, at 35 dollars apiece.
Ebay has no English Lv. X listed.
Gathering Grounds presumably has them in stock, for 45 dollars apiece.

If you need it fast and have money to spend i'd go with collectorscache. They have it at $35. Quiet expensive, but at they have it rigght now.

Having done a bunch of comparison pricing and online ordering recently...

Troll and Toad would be my first choice at this point. Their prices are moderate. The site is easy to use. They have a good selection and decent stock levels on most things. If an item is out of stock, they can automatically send you an email when it comes back in. They were very nice and knowledgeable on the phone. Their selection of accessories is very good. Shipping was reasonable, but very slow. The cards arrived in perfect condition. I'd definitely order from them again.

Gamingetcstore.com (also called pokecorner.com) has a lot of things in stock, but their prices are generally quite high. There are some bargains, though. They were quite slow to put up RR singles. They don't list the quantity of each card they have in stock, either, which isn't strictly necessary, but is nice to have. They made several errors with my order, which I didn't ask to have corrected because they were basically irrelevant (rare candy from wrong set, wrong sleeves but the ones they sent were acceptable. And now they're my favorites. Go figure). The person who tried to take my order originally didn't know anything about Pokemon--she didn't even seem to know that there were different versions of many cards. That kind of worried me. But I asked to speak to someone else, and that was no problem. The selection of accessories isn't great. Shipping costs were reasonable. The cards they sent were in perfect condition. In spite of my above complaints, I'd order from them again if the price was right.

Gathering Ground has some insanely high prices. Quite a few cards didn't come up when I searched. Maybe items don't appear in the results if they're out of stock? But the other sites do show out-of-stock items (marked as such). And I find it incredibly hard to believe that they didn't have any Skuntank G in stock. (as for why I was searching for that....don't ask.) I haven't ordered anything from them.

Professor-oak.com was the vendor at our regionals. I wanted to order from the site because he was quite nice and gave me some good deals. I'd be happy to deal with him again in person, but probably not through his site. The prices are generally high, which doesn't matter because anything I'd want never seems to be in stock. The website is a pain to navigate, and signing in requires an unbelievably annoying moving graphic password thingie. And I'm not going to order from anyplace without a phone number. If it was there, I couldn't find it.

pokeorder.com has some decent prices on ordinary staples,* but their prices for highly desirable cards are INSANE. The Luxray GL Lv.X would be $67.49! And would you believe Claydol is 40 bucks? Holy moly. Hey, they throw in free shipping for orders over $35. What a deal.

* Edited to add: I was looking around on pokeorder this morning...and their prices on ordinary staples are actually pretty bad.

Last edited:
Even though they don't update their stuff often, cardhaus.com is a great place for singles. I was able to snag some really rare promos and holos for $5 or less.

I've never heard of Trollandtoad but I really dig that site. Their promo section is a little lacking though :(

Back