Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dragon Shields

Colts8729

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I just ordered the white Dragon Shields 100CT and some of them stick out farther than others. Like when your deck in your hand, you can feel some sleeves that are wider than the others. Almost like they were cut incorrectly. My question is has this happend to anyone else?

Ya but ultra pro does the same thing sometimes, lol its just miscut i mean you have 100 so just take out the ones that stick out =]

@Colts: That's weird, where did you buy them? If I were you I would take them back to the store and see if you can exchange/get a refund.

Dragon Shield are the most quality widely-distributed sleeves out there, in my opinion. Japanese KMC sleeves are the best, but most shops don't carry them. If this is your first time buying Dragon Shields don't let it ruin your experience, I've never really heard of this happening.

Would the ones that stick out be marked cards? I need a real ruling on this......I just don't want to get DQ'ed from a tournament.

If they're aren't the same size they can't be used, or might get a penalty for marked cards.
And Dragon Shield are definitley some of the best out there. I'm still using the ones i bought about 5 years ago, and i play really a lot with them. Ultra pro are really sucky, i wouldn't buy those. So you should return and ask for new ones.

@Colts8729

If you need a ruling, it might be best to take some pictures of the differences of the sleeves and how cards look in them, and then post in the "Ask The Rules Team" forum. They may not be able to give you an answer, though, as something subjective like that might be up to the PTO judging the tournament. If you can't get an answer before your next tournament, I would bring the cards in the DS sleeves, but get a sleeve check before the tournament starts, and be prepared to re-sleeve.

Yep, those are them. Just make sure the ones you buy are for regular-sized cards, and not YGO! sized, as they won't fit.

Good luck!

If the sleeves are different sizes, then yeah, they'd be considered marked. Asking the rules team likely won't be too helpful, except to receive benefit from their experience, because it's an individual judgment, but if the judge or an opponent notices that the sleeves are cut differently, then you'll have a problem. Better to be safe than sorry.

Back