Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kabutops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragneg

Kabutops a card that has seen very little light. Some have tried this card out and it's okay, but I thought it could be a "fun deck" and if it gained some speed it could be more viable to play. Even though cities is here and everybody has there deck, maybe you could take Kabutops to one of them and play a game before or after the tourny starts.

The Decklist:

Pokemon:

4 Dome Fossil AR
2 Kabuto AR
4 Kabutops AR
4 Old Amber AR
2 Aerodactyl AR
2 Helix Fossil AR
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
2 Uxie LA
2 Unown G
1 Croagunk
1 Toxicroak AR

T/T/S/S:

4 Rare Candy
4 BeBe's
4 Fossil Excavator
4 SSU
2 Expert Belt
2 BTS
2 Rosey's

Energy:

10 Fighting

Strategy:

The way this deck is ran is by getting T2 Kabutops with a Fighting attached to it. With at least 1 Fossil discarded to do 70 for 1 T2. T3 on you can use techs from then on to help your 70 for 1 tenture going on. The reason I put in 4 Helix Fossil is so I have a total of 11 Fossil's I could use for Primal Scythe. That is if you only have 1 Kabutops and no other Poke's evolved from them, through out the game you have a average of 9 Fossil's to discard if you have 2 Kabutops and a Aerodactyl out. Aerodactyl lets you search out a Fossil from your deck and eventually discard it for your 70.

Card Explanations:

4 Dome Fossil:
Serve to evolve into Kabuto then into Kabutops. Also here to discard to get your magic 70. Although you can attach a energy T1 and search out a Kabuto.

2 Kabuto:
Only here to evolve into Kabutops if we dont have our sweet candy. Fast Evolution is a great attack if you cant get T2 Kabutops. So at least you will get a T3 Kabutops.

4 Kabutops:
The decks face, a good card with good HP for a Stage 2 and a really good attack for 1 Fighting with a possiblity to do T2 70 for 1. But I havent said anything about it's second attack Rock Slide, it isnt OMGreat but 60 for 3 and 10 on 2 bench is above average. Grass weakness is okay cuz' there arent that many grass decks out there.

4 Old Amber:
Here to evolve into Aerodactyl and to discard. Thats it.

2 Areodactyl:
A tech to get out Fossil's every turn that he's out, this keeps your 70 for 1 trend going on.

2 Helix Fossil:
Here only to discard, although you can take 2 out 1 Uxie and 1 SSU and add in 2 Omastar and have to rare candy it past Omanyte. Then take out 2-3 Fighting and replace them with Water. But this seems like alot so I wouldnt run it.

2 Baltoy:
Gotta get those Claydol.

2 Claydol:
Wont be her for much longer lets use it while we got it.

2 Uxie:
No hand? No Claydol? Uxie! It let's you draw cards until you have 7. Great!

2 Unown G:
Protection from Machamp and Gengar
4 Rare Candy:
This makes Kabuto get really sad because you wont need him if ya got Candy. Comes in handy early game and middle game by late game these have no value because evrything is already set up.

1 Croagunk AR
Here to evolve into your spiritomb counter

1 Toxicroak AR
Your Spiritomb counter, 2 for 60 which OHKO's that pesky tomb.

4 BeBe's:
Search out any one card that you need at the time you play it, pretty good.

4 Rosey's:
The best early game card in the format. this saves you from donks.

4 Fossil Excavator:
This is just in case you run out of fossils or you ran out of Kabutops great recovery card for fossils

4 SSU:
Need to Set Up again flip heads and you can. Need to remove damage from you Kabutops flip a heads and you can.

2 Expert Belt:
A great card brings Kabutops to 150 HP and 90 for 1 which is really good. ONly draw back is your opponent gets to draw 2 prize cards.

2 BTS:
A Stage 2 best buddy you can evolve the turn you play it.

10 Fighting:
Have to attack dont you well these solve that problem. Simple very simple.

Well I cant say this deck will win you cities but it sure can be fun, I hope you try it out and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Ragneg

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but 4 Rosy is not necessary. You can't search for Fossils from the Deck using Rosy.
So add those Omastar instead of 2 Rosy.

Nepolean
There not used for searching out fossils they are used for baltoy which i still dont need 4 roseys so thanks for being half right.

Last edited:
This is going to give you more balance and consistency:

Pokemon 18
2 Kabuto MD
2 Kabuto AR
2 Kabutops MD
2 Kabutops AR
2 Aerodactlyl MD
2 Aerodactyl AR
1 Omanyte AR
1 Omastar AR
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

Trainers 29
4 Bebe
4 Fossil Excavator
4 Dome Fossil
4 Helix Fossil
4 Old Amber
2 Stark Mountain
3 Department Store Girl
3 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball

Energy 13
7 Fighting Energy
4 Cyclone
2 Water Energy

Oh yeah- This is a competitive deck.

Waynegg
The reason i use a 4-2-4 line of Kabutops is so i can discard and do 70 for 1. the MD Kabutops really would have no use except for the trainer lock but this is a fast deck. About 7 people have played this list and it has done great so before i change it to much i will have to hold off on you changes

Well, i'm sure you've heard the phrase, but- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

If you didn't want legitimate help, why did you post in the deck help. The list I gave you all but guaranteees T2 through T5 one energy for 90 while you build the MD Kabutops. You will run out of fossils to discard eventually and the AR Kabutops is only good in the early game. Plus, how do you plan to get around Spiritomb which literally ends your build? Ah- the other Kabuto...

Do what you like, but the list I gave you is 10x more consistent and gives you much more reliable early donkability than what you are running.

Well, i'm sure you've heard the phrase, but- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

If you didn't want legitimate help, why did you post in the deck help. The list I gave you all but guaranteees T2 through T5 one energy for 90 while you build the MD Kabutops. You will run out of fossils to discard eventually and the AR Kabutops is only good in the early game. Plus, how do you plan to get around Spiritomb which literally ends your build? Ah- the other Kabuto...

Do what you like, but the list I gave you is 10x more consistent and gives you much more reliable early donkability than what you are running.

actually he's better playing straight AR kabutops.. as good as trainer lock is, md kabutops isn't goinf to help b/c there isn't much spread except for the 2nd attack.

as far as spiritomb goes, it ends this deck no matter what, havingthe other kabuto won't help you at all, in fact it might makes it worse cause it would take 3 turns to power up vs his 1 energy and discard for 70 which he can still do b/c he isn't playing it, he is discarding via effect of attack.

my only advice is to play the md kabuto for faster searching and stuff.

waynegg
you made an interesting point about the spirtomb and ill take note of that by adding in a 1-1 Croagunk AR line in much obliged.

cool so im not alone on the gym anymore! well im not playing this for cities im playing gengar but this is a fun pe tourny deck or just playing at the house

Sorry to be ignorant, but when you say T2 and T5, what are you referring to? I am brand new to the game (daughter collects the cards, and now plays also), but not new to gaming.
This is my first post here at pokegym, and hope to learn a ton from all you experienced trainers out there! :)

thanks,
MAINEiac

ive been playing it and it strands 0 chance of winning any tourney its to easy to stop so i advise not playing this deck for a city or any tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back