Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Kadabra in Current Modified?

You really shouldn't have made a thread about this its very easy to find out yourself what cards there are that are playable or not.

A Moderator and an Administrator have both been in here and posted replies. There's nothing wrong with the topic. To be entirely honest, I wasn't even aware of there not being a Kadabra in the format. I haven't ever considered running Alakazam, so I haven't looked into the cards that it evolves from, and as such...it brought some information to my attention. It's a topic no less worthy of being made than any other on this forum.

Only problem is, this topic's been beaten to death many times...

That said though, I still hope for the day good ol' Kadabra will be printed again.

Here's an idea. A pokemon that can be played down as a stage 1 to ANY unevolved (non SP) basic pokemon to serve as it's stage 1.

That'd be HOTT!

I'll call it Rogue's Castform :p

SO, you'd pop 4 of these + a couple of your real stage 1s. It'd almost hit the table like Rare Candy if you have BTS out.

My TURN 1 could be like this... - if I went 2nd... lol

[With SPiritomb AR active]. "Draw a card. Use Rogue Castform's body to evolve benched Turtwig to Rogue Castform. Roseanne's for Treeko and Turtwig. Bench Treeko and Turtwig. Energy for the turn on benched Turtwig. Play down Broken TIme Space Stadium. BTS Treeko to Grovlyle. ... Uxie setup for 7. Bench Baltoy. BTS benched Rogue's Castform to Torterra. "Sunshine Song" Evolve bench: Grovyle to Sceptile and Turtwig to Grotle. BTS benched Grotle to Torterra Sceptile. Bench Unknown Q. "Quick" attach the Unown Q to active Spiritomb. Attack w/ Darkness Grace.. evolve Baltoy to Claydol. *and smile*

Do I need to even get into T2 ? :p

Anyway, you could use "Rogue's Castform" to evolve Abra to Alakazam AND you could deck Rare Candy to increase the speed of a Stage 2 deck. "Bench Abra. BTS Abra => Castform => Alakazam. "

I don't feel bad about creating the thread despite it being discussed before. There are new players joining the game all the time including myself and they might be curious why there is no playable Kadabra in current modified.

Once it was explained, I vaguely remembered reading a thread like this one when I first joined the 'Gym but at that time I was still struggling to remember if I flip for poison between turns or not.

Here's an idea. A pokemon that can be played down as a stage 1 to ANY unevolved (non SP) basic pokemon to serve as it's stage 1.

Haha, when i was very young & couldn't read well, i thought thats what clefairy doll did! XD
(Then about a year later i realized that it was about as usefull asMysterious fossil, defense wise, but thats another topic. ^^)

yungerer... oh wait... forgot that the japanese pronounce R's like L's... so really it's yun-geller? ok makes more sense... but who told him the japanese name of Kadabra?

A hoard of little Japanese kids came running up to him when he was in Japan for an appearance.
They all wanted him to sign their Kadabra Pokemon cards. And since this was soon after Team Rocket had come out, a lot of them were asking him to sign "Evil Yun-Geller" cards.

Once he found that out, and the way he found out, it all makes sense.

A hoard of little Japanese kids came running up to him when he was in Japan for an appearance.
They all wanted him to sign their Kadabra Pokemon cards. And since this was soon after Team Rocket had come out, a lot of them were asking him to sign "Evil Yun-Geller" cards.

Once he found that out, and the way he found out, it all makes sense.

makes more sense now lol. i still don't think i would have a law suit over it though.

makes more sense now lol. i still don't think i would have a law suit over it though.

What you have to understand is that the man is rather disturbed.

Alot of magicians do the spoon trick but he claims that the spoons "want to bend" and is the only magician to claim that he is really doing it with the power of his mind as opposed to it being a trick.

Back