Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Soft resetting the DS

So Im trying to get ditto to be the pokemon of the day at the pokemon mansion and I've been restarting and rstarting for about 2 hours now just to be told that the pokemon of the day is plusle, minun, or castform, or basically everything except ditto.

Anyways, for my first 10 resets or so I did the normal L+R +START + SELECT trick to soft reset it. Now, however, the soft reset is not working. I've tried several times, but the only way for me to do this is to completely shut off and back on the DS. Has anyone had trouble soft resetting before? Am I doing something wrong or is my DS busted?

So Im trying to get ditto to be the pokemon of the day at the pokemon mansion and I've been restarting and rstarting for about 2 hours now just to be told that the pokemon of the day is plusle, minun, or castform, or basically everything except ditto.

Anyways, for my first 10 resets or so I did the normal L+R +START + SELECT trick to soft reset it. Now, however, the soft reset is not working. I've tried several times, but the only way for me to do this is to completely shut off and back on the DS. Has anyone had trouble soft resetting before? Am I doing something wrong or is my DS busted?

Make sure you're holding all the buttons down at the same time, or try giving your DS a break. Never heard of this happening though.

I did give it a break. I went to sleep and tried it again this morning 8 hours later. I definitely have all the buttons down at the same time too. It worked for me like 10 times in a row, but now does not.

I usualy hold down the l button first, then the r button, then use my thumb to push down the select button and roll up to push down the start button. I can SR for 25 x's in a row- ( I was sr'n to get a good Garitina) and it took 25 x's to do that. I think that the ds can handle the sr issue better if you are not trying to get the ds to recognize all 4 buttons being pressed all at once.
I have seen the ds take so much abuse, they are made to last a long time, and button pushing only lasts as long as the button does n ot break. L and R buttons are the first to break, do to dropping the ds and it hitting the corners where those buttons are located.

Well if tis of any comfort Arcanine/Arbok Master, I've tried those buttons many times and I've been unable to make it work *once* :(

Ive definitely never dropped the DS. All the buttons still work, its in good condition.
BTW here is the hilaruious conclusion to my resetting for ditto problem:

Apparently a long time ago, like a month ago (the last time I was at the trophy garden), I got ditto to be the pkmn of the day. Evidently it STAYS the pkmn of the day UNTIL you replace it. wow. frustrating. The internet did not have this useful info for me to read, either.

Blow out any dust you may have in your L/R buttons. That's the usual culprit.

^ yes- canned air will work best for getting the dust out- blowing will only put warm air in and that causes moistier to accumulate inside.

Back