Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's HeartGold SoulSilver Prereleases

I think Flight 1 had about 36 people. There were 4 TDCers but I don't know if they were counted in that ~36 count. Flight 2 had about 10 people. Overall, ~46 out of 68 who prereged doesn't sound that bad considering the snow. I'll need to get the actual numbers from totoro. Oh no, Midlothian and/or Warrenton might actually beat Fairfax attendance at a prerelease! :eek:

Prime Pokemon were all over the event with quite a few people pulling more than 1 in their 8 packs. I heard one of the TDCers had an exceptionally good haul in the 4 packs. That usually never happens with lvX.

At league yesterday, the most popular cards from the set were Double Colorless Energy, Feraligatr (Prime), Ampharos (Prime), and Donphan (Prime). Only DCE was experimented with in the league tournament.

I am so very glad everyone is safe!! I've never had to postpone events before this season, and now it's happened 2X in 5 weeks. It's an unbelievably tough call whether to call these events off or not. We were sooo close to calling yesterday, but HW already had players waiting to play!!
Gives you an idea how hard it is for a county to decide whether or not to cancel school :rolleyes:
Anyway, as I saw people continuing to come to Michaels in the snow before the tournament, I figured the roads were managable enough to keep the event on.

There were 41 in flight one (37 in the main event, 4 in the TDC) Flight 2 had 10 (all main event)

51 won't be beat in Midlo for the simple reason that I don't see how the store can hold that many!!

it seems like primes are about a set (6) per box, so that's 1 in 6 packs!!!!
I got a full Ho-oh legend, a full Lugia legend, a red gyrados, and 6 Primes in a box..

Nice!

Last edited:
There were 42 in flight one (38 in the main event, 4 in the TDC) Flight 2 had 10 (all main event)
pokemon.com is being unfriendly/unnavigatable. Can I get the age breakdowns, please? :redface:

52 won't be beat in Midlo for the simple reason that I don't see how the store can hold that many!!
Have you tried rearranging the tables? Are the tables at BCG smaller than the ones at HW? Perhaps playing on the floor? I still have that caution tape.

Anyway, that sounds like a challenge. I now would like to see you get 40-something people in order to see how you solve that space problem :biggrin: . Isn't Kimberly bringing a van of people? If another poke-parent can be found, maybe it'll be two vans! :lol:

Age breakdown:
JR 9
SR 22* (had 23 orig, but one player moved to TDC, so totals are now correct)
MR 16
TDC 4

Total 51
based on the snow, that is simply incredible!

FLT 1's upload is again delayed due to one player with multiple IDs...:mad:

Have you tried rearranging the tables?
Not my store; not my call. Y'know some stores don't LIKE people messing with their tables--the s/o puts things where s/he wants them! (You do FAR too much for HW) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well I don't know if Kim is still going this weekend, not sure why she wouldn't be, but I'll also be bringing up a car full

Gonna try to go to Warrenton with a bunch of people from Lusby league, but if it snows again this weekend......

Now hear this: snow is predicted for this Friday and Saturday and it's not going to be the powdery kind that's so good to drive in. Totoro's life is becoming very exciting at the end of the year of the ox.

Well I don't know if Kim is still going this weekend, not sure why she wouldn't be, but I'll also be bringing up a car full
Excellent. The CC there had 43 people, so there's plenty of room as long as everyone is willing to make friends :rolleyes: . I kind of want to be there to see that.

Total 51
based on the snow, that is simply incredible!
That is amazing! :clap:

Y'know some stores don't LIKE people messing with their tables
You should see what I do to hotel rooms :rolleyes:

Of course you laugh when you hear about how 2 inches of snow paralyzes northern virginia :rolleyes:

Why? Because I'm not from Northern Virginia, or because it's not very much snow? Or are you mad at me for not being able to get to league yesterday?

Because West Virginians don't measure snow in inches; they measure it in feet (and fractions are rarely needed!!!) :wink:

Snow days

Well, I just checked the weather forecast.

We are looking at snow on Friday, Saturday and in to Sunday here. :mad:

What happens then, Mr. T?

Well, I just checked the weather forecast.

We are looking at snow on Friday, Saturday and in to Sunday here. :mad:

What happens then, Mr. T?
We cry.....

No, in all seriousness, I already have a TPCi approved backup plan. As of now, though, everything looks Super. Note that if the weather is ok here but not ok in NoVA, I can't help you.

Why? Because I'm not from Northern Virginia, or because it's not very much snow? Or are you mad at me for not being able to get to league yesterday?
That is a lot of snow. "2 inches" is a magic number that everyone in FCPS hopes for because it cancels school *nods*.

I figured you wouldn't be at league because of the snow. You missed some epic misplays. Javier forgot how to use Bring Down :lol:

Note that if the weather is ok here but not ok in NoVA, I can't help you.
Isn't the storm coming from the south? Or is that just tonight's snow?

All im saying is im really starting to hate this awful weather, but im gonna be there Sunday in Midlo

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

and by that i mean please dont postpone it haha

Last edited:
^They CAN'T postpone it anymore. That's the last week they would be PREreleases. I suppose we could do a "Release Celebration event" (like PR but after release) like they have to do in Europe and stuff...

I already have a TPCi approved backup plan.

Ummmmm, which part of this isn't registering???? If the need arises, the event certainly can be postponed to a "release event" rather than a prerelease event just like Europe.
But let's not go down that road yet!! The latest forecast for the Richmond area points to "all systems go" for Super Sunday. The NoVA-ites will have a tough time getting here, but points south (including Tidewater) shouldn't have any trouble.

Back