Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Nationals 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave no due date for when to expect an announcement, right? If yes, then they have not failed to meet any deadline or expectation about a Nats date and location.

They gave no due date for when to expect an announcement, right? If yes, then they have not failed to meet any deadline or expectation about a Nats date and location.

By company standards they may have, but the longer it takes, the more and more 'de facto' deadlines they miss due to failing their customers.

POP and TPCi have permanently broken my trust in them to A) keep us out of the dark, and B) meet my expectations as a player in a timely manner. They have done neither, and - rather than give us updates on at least WHY we don't have information - we are left confused, angry, and annoyed.

Watch what you say kiddo.

I'd just like to point out that from a competitive standpoint:

Last year at Nats, not everyone who attended was able to compete in the VGC. They did it by lot.
The VGC is so dependent on crits and status percentages that it's a crap shoot (as I've had it explained to me by those who battled online intensely).

Consequentially, from the standpoint of a valid Championship, it's pretty luck-based, even relative to the TCG.

You can get lucky with matchups, but you can't be a garbage kid and win a massive event.

Watch what you say kiddo.

Hey, I like the game. I think it's one of the best games for the DS. However, competitively, it's stupid.

PF summed up exactly why it's a dumb game to have competitions with. Seriously, it would be more entertaining to watch everyone play brawl and be restricted to Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario. Probably would be a lot more skill based as well.

Oh wow, no one told you guys yet?

Nats is at my house in So.Cal! It may be inconvenient for the east-coasters, but we'll have tons of Doritos & Capri-Suns to make up for it.

PF summed up exactly why it's a dumb game to have competitions with. Seriously, it would be more entertaining to watch everyone play brawl and be restricted to Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario. Probably would be a lot more skill based as well.

Nah, I think Jigglypuff adds a whole new level of skill to brawl then just those 3.

My tiers:
S = Pikachu
A = Lucario
B = Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer

Regardless, it's been close to a month since I last posted, and we STILL haven't heard anything. Each period like this decreases my chances of going, and definitely impacts other players as well.

This is really upsetting. This was likely to be my last year playing Pokemon (such a short run!) due to college's time crunch and expense. I was seriously looking forward to going to Nationals this year - I've never gone - and spending the entire weekend with just me and my girlfriend, who also plays.

By the time we actually learn when and where it is, I'm sure there's no possible way we could afford it. Way to go, PoP. Thank you.

OK POP or whoever REALLY needs to announce where the location will be held at. My summer vacation booking is still on hold because it depends on the location and the pricing. Hopefully it will be in STL so i dont have to spend $$ lol.

At least the "will there be a Nats" rumor can die now. Why post that the top 4 @ US Nats gets pd trips to worlds if we arent having a Nats????

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back