Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Decks likely to be seen at States

Kingdra doesn't seem to be getting much love here. What is wrong with it? I am either going to run Kingdra or Gyarados for States. Which is better and why? Thanks for the help!

Gyarados is better cuz u r set up after u Impersonate 1 Collector most of the time. Kingdra is very vulnerable to power lock and Deafen/Pitch-Dark/Spiritomb, all of which are popular atm, and has a really hard time dealing with Luxray (Gdos does too but it's easier to get back Gdos than Kingdra).

Kingdra doesn't seem to be getting much love here. What is wrong with it? I am either going to run Kingdra or Gyarados for States. Which is better and why? Thanks for the help!

Donphan is pretty much better in most cases. The only thing Kingdra has that Donphan doesn't is aqua stream and 20 to the bench. Donphan has less HP but reduces damage by 20 which makes its defense better. I'm not saying donphan is great on its own, just better than Kingdra.

Happiny13 -So, if I'm not mistaken, ctaylor33 was asking about Gyarados or Kingdra, not Donphan
Take no offence, Donphan is great and all. I'm just pointing that out.

LULZ

i just realized the same guy made two threads about the same thing.

RyanVergal - that was great - jump on the bandwagon! Rumble Toolbox FTW!

What's going to win states? 1-1 Donphan tech in EVERYTHING. Gyarados with a 1-1 donphan, 3 pokemon rescue, and a combee. Yes please. ( I really don't care about states anymore....the $300 is out the window and rating no longer matters.)

Back