The Pavilion, Wicksteed park
Barton road
Kettering
Northamptonshire
NN15 6NJ

Entry : FREE

Registration 9am to 10am

Food:
Sorry but no food within the pavilion. Bring a picnic or buy from the park's fast food outlets.

Car parking £6 for the day per vehicle.
Minibuses £10 ( or free by prior arrangement with Wicksteed Park)

There is a campsite on site for those that wish to bring a tent or caravan.

More information about the venue www.wicksteedpark.co.uk

Anticipated event structure:
masters: expect 7 swiss rounds and a Top 16 cut.
seniors: expect 6/7 swiss rounds and a Top 8/16 cut.
Juniors: probably 6 swiss rounds and a Top 8 cut.
swiss rounds should be finished around 6pm
finals should be finished by 11pm.

The deposit for the venue was paid a long time ago so it won't be changing. 2nd payment due soon :( lol

FACEBOOK GROUP http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=369875828091 for those that use/have facebook

Last edited:
^ Near me in the west midlands, search for it on Google Maps.

Fantastic choice, this is the first nationals where I won't have far to travel :p Lol.

Donez

^ Looool. Don't worry ryan, we can all eat out together, in the sun. Whilst I worry about the exams which decide my life the following monday :p.

Kashmaster: I will get mummy or daddy to ask John if hes doing a Mini bus or something this year as Nats is outside of our area for the first time in a while. Last time it was in Woburn & Birmingham we had one.

If you play in London, Im sure there will be some thing organised. There always is, just the fact we havent really havent had to travel very far in recent years means we are as prepared as before. From what ive seen anyway the location is accessible to St Pancras. However, the problem might be on the return as trains into London might finish early to the estimated 11pm finish. But its good that all the details to the venue have been put up so early giving us ample opportunity to book accomadation or arrange alternative methods of transport. So props to Nopoke.

thank god its not an 8 hour trek for us scots like the previous nats have been XD Cant wait luckily it is 1 week after the end my exams :D

^You say that, yet your up all night talking about how Pikachu is next BDIF...

On topic, yeh I totally agree Tyran-Itar. I assume the main reason for moving it to the center of the country was so that players that live in the north of the country could actually get to Nationals within a reasonable time (And I thought I had it bad having to go from West Midlands to London area every year LOL).

Donez

I like the actual location alot. Its alot more central and easier to get to for places like Scotland but is still -3 hours to the South East which has the big playerbase.

I suspect that though it may have been true in the past that the South East has the most players it is not the case any more. This is based on a completely unscientific analysis of attendance and registered players.

The center of gravity for players has been moving north. Player distribution is much more spread out than it once was when the South East Challenges were all that was left of OP.

Back