Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HG & SS Help Thread Including the new pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kekaw2

Hgss

1. today's sunday and i'm excited for the new games!!! who isn't?
2.i'm getting them this morning, so i have a question for all the people who played the japaneese version: what changes did you like/dislike about the new games? from what i've seen, the only changes are good!

I have a Japanese Copy of Heart Gold, and to be honest the only issues I had was an issue I had with the originals, the wild pokemon are too underleveled, it's nice to make your way to the 7th gym, while the pokemon are 15 levels lower.

Ok so some of us are new to The New game called Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. how ever i'm not already (cause i have 3 badges in one day) lol so here is what I'm offering. a 4 letter word that starts with H _ _ _... still clueless here is the second letter E so we have H E _ _ so still clueless ok fine i'll give you the 3rd letter L so now we have H E L _. ok man you ask me for another letter (sighs) ok here is the final letter P now we have H E L P and it all together and what does it spell????? WHAT!!!!! how do you not know what it spells ok here is the word of the day. it's HELP.. WAIT did some one say HELP (man pops out of nowhere and says) "Hello I can help if it is pokemon i WILLhelp you out. what do you need help with? [... (you ask)] ok let me see here (the man answers the question) then says it that all??? another person enters the scene sayings "can you help me with my mental problem of not spelling the word H E L P..

... (man disappears)

so with that story i'm trying to prove that i can help you and i will help you and i will walk you though the steps. so if you need help just post it here

hey i might do a walk though on a different thread of every event (i hope)

ok so i was thinking stuff of the top of my head big woop POINT IS that i will help you iff you need help

so need help

I got my Hg, but resolved not to fire it up yet in order to study. What exactly does the walker do? I read briefly something about it levelling up one of your pokes as you walk with it.

is it just me or does the pokewalker register more steps than you actually take? I went out for a couple trips this afternoon for its first use, and i have 5000 steps registered from it (roughly, 4986 is the total it currently shows), but the total distance I walked is only at most 1 mile and a half

yah I calibrated it to giving me about 3000 steps to a mile. never had a pedometer before, but from things I was searching up for refrence I was seeing them say an average of 2000 steps in a mile which is why it seemed way too high to me

well you have to have a Pokemon in your box, so after you can catch Pokemon pretty much. its accessed from the main menu

Pokewalker:
The experience thing has to be the least important. (Happiness gain isn't bad though.)

You need steps to get the better Pokemon.
You need Watts to try for the Pokemon, as well as getting items.
Matching the preferred type for the course lowers the number of steps needed to find the better Pokemon/items. Preferred type also increases the chance for the rarer Pokemon of the course.

(You also need Watts to unlock future courses.)

What are "watts" and what is matching the preferred type?

Also, is it just me or is the random encounter rate higher in this game than in platinum?

20 steps = 1 watt. you spend wants to find pokemon and items, and unlock new routes.
Depending on the cource, if you put a pokemon of the right type, the ammount of steps to encounter a rarer pokemon or item is cut by 25%. Like refreshing field the types for this advantage is flying/bug/fire.

I just hit a roadblock. 3 Qs:

1. I've got 5 Kanto Bages except Brock's, Blaine's and Gary's. I need to go to Diglett's Cave to get to
Pewter City, but a Snorlax is blocking it. How do you wake it up?

2. If it's the PokeFlute, how do I get it? If it's that PokeGear EXNP (Whatever) card that plays the music, How do I get it, and what day would it be if possible that it's the music station?

3. I've heard you catch Suicune at Bill's house. How do you get Bill to come back home, and how do you get Suicune to appear?

-David HELP.

I just hit a roadblock. 3 Qs:

1. I've got 5 Kanto Bages except Brock's, Blaine's and Gary's. I need to go to Diglett's Cave to get to
Pewter City, but a Snorlax is blocking it. How do you wake it up?

2. If it's the PokeFlute, how do I get it? If it's that PokeGear EXNP (Whatever) card that plays the music, How do I get it, and what day would it be if possible that it's the music station?

3. I've heard you catch Suicune at Bill's house. How do you get Bill to come back home, and how do you get Suicune to appear?

-David HELP.

I need this info to get a special Pokemon for my team. Anyone? -David

And where did Blaine move his gym to after the eruption happened?

Confused Pokedad - There is something you have to do and you receive an upgrade to your radio. After the upgrade you can now play the sound of the "pokeflute" through the radio....That takes care of snorlax.

This is what I've found regarding the "suicune."

"Similar to Crystal, Suicune is a special event Pokemon and no longer a Roaming
Pokemon. However, for Suicune to appear, you will need to meet it at the
following places:

* First, you must awaken it at the Ecruteak Burned Tower during the story. It
will run off afterwards

* Next, when you are in Cianwood, go to the top and you will find it in a
small enclosed area. Eustine will fight you.

* After that, you will see it on Route 42 in the middle while surfing to
Mahogany Town. You will need to use Cut to reach it. It will run off
after you see it.

* After you have beaten the Elite Four and go on the S.S. Aqua, you will
find it in the Vermillion City Harbor automatically. It will run off
after you see it.

* You will then see it on the right side of Route 14 near the water (Route
14 is on the east side of Fuchsia City). It will run off afterwards.

* Finally, once Misty goes back to the gym, go indoors somewhere and go back
out and Suicune should be there if you did all the above. Save before
fighting it.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back