Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arizona State Championship March 20th - Winners added

spookees

ARIZONA STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information

Location: Gamers Inn (Northeast corner of Southern/Stapley) Mesa, Az

Date: Saturday, March 20th, 2010

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:45 AM). Player meeting begins at 10:00 AM. The main tournament (swiss rounds) can last 5 to 6 hours.

You must be in the registration line with your decklist ready no later than 9:45am or you may receive a first round loss or not be allowed to enter the event. Don't be late!

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 1999 or later)/Seniors (born in 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998)/Masters (born in 1994 or earlier)
K-Value: 32

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck - Cards are allowed from Diamond Pearl or later as well as Promos from POP Series 6 and above and Black Star Promos DP01 and higher) We will do Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)

Cost: FREE

What are the Prizes?

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• A Pokémon TCG State Champion Trophy
• A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships.*
• A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canadian National Championships**
• 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• Pokémon POP Playmat

* Players can win multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner of record.
** Byes do not stack. Players winning more than one S/P/T event will receive only a first-round bye.

2nd Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Trophy
• 16 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd - 4th Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 3rd/4th Place Trophy
• 8 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th - 8th Place

• 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2010 State Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing!

Additional Information: Call (602) 791-4941 or e-mail [email protected]

Free Pokemon Raffles!!

Last edited:
Well in addition to the State Championship promo card (while supplies last) to all registered players,
I will also have a special item that will be given to all Registered players, something that cannot be bought anywhere, made specifically for the Arizona State Championship registered players. (while I have to say "while supplies last", I believe we will have enough of this special item for everyone).

Okay players....just confirmed more Pokemon items will be added to the Free Raffles!

Also a footnote: I know there is a thread out there mentioning the Travel award. As soon as I hear anything I will post it.

FYI: Parking may be troublesome as their parking lot is a bit small in front. There is more parking in the back. I would suggest getting dropped off or carpooling.

Ya I remember last weekend INN WAS PACKED with over 100 people, cars went all the way back to that bank way behind the shop. Magic players =P

Its a hospital fyi. And they have a lot of parking especially on sat. Now Fri is a different story.

Back