Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Bad Card.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal= 49837]
2010-4-21 Slowking GS 12/123
[/gal]​

Second !!
Looks pretty good, as a tech in flytrap for example or simply to control your opponent ;)
8,5/10

A great card, great tech in almost every deck for disruption or just for your own use, and with chances of Claydol being gone from next rotation. Even better for this gem

8.5/10

Now Slowking is indeed one worthy card of noticing. A poke-power that can look at the top 3 cards of either player's deck is something that sounds pretty nice. For your advantage, it can let arrange the cards you want in order so that you are guaranteed to draw that card of some sort. For your opponent, it can be used for disruption. The attack though isn't too good.

80 HP is average for a stage 1. Psychic weakness kind of hurts, and that retreat cost is kind of heavy.

Overall 7/10 in modified

Indeed, this card can be pretty good. Many often under rate it, but little do people realize how much potential this card can have. This card can boost both Plox and Flygon decks. For Plox, you can arrange the top cards of your opponent's deck so that when you lock them, they won't be drawing using Claydol or Uxie, and putting the bad cards on top gives you a huge advantage. For Flygon, it can let you put a card you want to discard through Flygon Lv.X's poke-body. Of course for you, it lets you put cards you want to draw.

Indeed, Slowking is a good card now, and it will likely become even better when Claydol and Uxie are rotated next year.

It's a neat card, but I haven't really seen it used effectively in this current format. I've been playing around with it but we've never been able to justify it's place in most decks, even those which focus on disruption.

Modified: 2.5/5
Limited: 5/5.

It's only good for the watered down Future Sight without forcing you to attack but then again that can easily be power sprayed. The attack is too weak. 2 for 30 and a 50/50 chance of paralysis. Big deal. 80 HP is pathetic, 0 resistance is the norm and 2 for retreat is a bit pricy.

1/10. That's all it deserves. Nothing higher.

9.0 of 10.0

Great Card - Like it so much I bought 10 of them so I do not have a claydol type shortage next year.

With his power if you can turn off their Claydol or break their cyrus chain you can energy starve them and give them night maintenance type cards early and starter pokemon late in the game .

The attack is not bad, especially if you are trying to buy some turns to catch up.

I used it just the way JPN Gallade described in my PLOX for regionals and it was effective.

7.5/10
Its okat in some decks, but if its stuck as you're active, you can be in trouble. I imagine that you could have trouble with deciding if you wanna look at your deck or not, since chances are, your opponent will be able to shuffle their deck,

Good card. Anytime you can have some control over your opponets options then you have an advantage. Like Claydol it is offensivily weak but it is not used for that either.

7/10
Has Great Power, And the Attack Only heightens its Locking abilities with paralysis. 30 is not to bad with an EB its 50

Well its not bad but its not very good if your oppent hase claydoll but it would be good with absol g x and it would be good with the top acelerator salamance so yea its a good card.

Good card, almost like chatot G, but able to last more than two turns by itself. In my opinon: 7/10 In modified format. In unlimited format, i'd say 9/10. :)

It's only good for the watered down Future Sight without forcing you to attack but then again that can easily be power sprayed. The attack is too weak. 2 for 30 and a 50/50 chance of paralysis. Big deal. 80 HP is pathetic, 0 resistance is the norm and 2 for retreat is a bit pricy.

Oh ArceusRules. Always ALWAYS the outlier.

This card has some amazing potential, but is a bit underused due to cards like Claydol drawing all 3 cards with one Power. Nice in FlyTrap/StallGon for discarding Warps and PokeTurns. Next season, however, watch out for the disruption decks that can benefeit from it! 8/10

Today's CotD (and first from my new iPod Touch :p) is Slowking from GS...eh. Statwise, 80 HP is a tad low for a Stage 1, x2 Weakness to :psychic: is meh, no Resistance is common, and :colorless::colorless: to Retreat is pricey. Second Sight is a useful enough Poke-Power, letting you scout out either yours or your opponent's top 3 cards and deciding their draw order. Psyshock is bleh at :psychic::colorless: for 30 and a 50/50 chance for Paralysis.

Modified - 5/10 (Not too useful besides maybe fun)
Limited - 9/10 (Very nice Poke-Power to have)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here)

Today's COTD is HGSS Slowking. I really think this card is completely underrated, and once the format change comes around, it'll be a beast with no claydols around to move your hand. To start I think it's best to cover the bad. It has a two retreat cost, which is kinda pricey, 80HP is below average, and 30 for two with a chance of paralyzing is pretty weak. This of course isn't even to mention it's weakness to psychic types, something that continues to push this card into the bad zone.

But then you get to Slowking's power, Second Sight. Second sight allows you to look at the top three cards of either players' deck, and rearrange them as you want. Now this is obviously a great disruption card, and plays well quite clearly with combos like Plox, or Flygon Lv. X, but I don't see why this card couldn't be great for support in a deck of its own. With cards like Primeape from Supreme Victors, you could easily be top decking your opponents best pokemon, discarding them, and then smacking for quite the wallop. Played with cards like the Platinum Giratina with its Let Loose pokepower, and then upcoming Team Rocket’s Handiwork you could potentially leave your opponent completely dependent on what you give them. Add in Giratina's lv. x, or maybe even a HGSS persian, and you could have the ability to put the entire game under your control.

Unfortunately though, this card suffers from some hurtful match-ups in the current format, especially do to the presence of claydol. With claydol your opponent can take the one card they draw, and rebuild their entire hand. Additionally with the presence of cards like power spray, and Plox, Slowking can often get, well rather slow. None the less I think this is a card that can provide great support to many decks, and should be watched out for next rotation, a place where it has the potential to be a beast.

Modified - 6/10 (9/10 Once the rotation happens)
Limited - 9/10 (It's control, yes please)
Unlimited - 2/10 (Not very helpful)

I pity the fool who power sprays this

-----------------------

10/10 in all formats. Just for being a slowking.

7/10 in Modified; some decks can use him.
9/10 in Unlimited; some combos are tasty.
8/10 in Limited; controlling your opponents deck can easily when you limited.

I really like this card. It works well in a lot of different decks, and it will become even better once the format changes. In one of my decks, I use it for helping my set up, but if I can get two in play, it's a chance to screw up your opponent's setup. But, the disruption factor goes way down if your opponent has Claydol in play, or has used Cyrus recently.

Still, a worthwhile card to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back