Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyraniclypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayle

...Look, I spent like three seconds on the name.

- 4-3-4 Tyranitar Prime (UL, UL, UL)
- 2-2 Claydol
- 1 Uxie LA
- 1 Azelf LA
- 2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR

- 4 Bebe's Search
- 4 Pokemon Communication
- 2 Roseanne's Research
- 3 Pokemon Collector
- 3 Memory Berry
- 2 Broken Time-Space
- 4 Rare Candy
- 2 Moonlight Stadium
- 2 Warp Point
- 1 Palmer's Contribution
- 1 PONT (I love this card. It's good. Trust me.)

- 4 Darkness Energy (Basic)
- 2 Double Colorless Energy
- 4 Call Energy

Strategy: T-Tar is beast with Memory Berry. The main strategy here is to tank and mill with Larvitar's Mountain Eater attack - between it's 20 heal and Nidoqueen, you're recovering 40 HP a turn, and T-Tar's 160 HP means that you'll be one heck of a beast to bring down. Better yet, with your Warp Points and Moonlight Stadium, you can just retreat a damaged T-Tar to the bench, bring up a new one, and let Nidoqueen work her magic while you continue the milling and tanking. (lol Miltank.) If that ain't your play, don't forget about Pupitar's CC Rage - which can strike up to 170 damage, and reasonably could land some serious surprise KOs if they aren't paying attention!

Thinking about an Absol G X tech.

Edit: Some serious trainer line mods. Forgot Candy and Communication. I need a fourth Candy, but I don't want to take out PONT, it's like... the epic anti-Power Spray.

edit2: Read Ryan's text wall (go read it) and made changes accordingly, as well as to the strategy. Note that I had Healers originally, but removed them to improve consistency.

Last edited:
play a 4-2-4 t-tar line,

3 bebes, 3 communication, it works just fine 4 and 4 is over kill on search. maybe after rotation. thats 3 cards free right there. also get rid of call energy. you dont need them that badly. if you get donk'd t1 by SP its gonna be by ambipom g lol.
thats 7 cards.

so i'd say play 1 more PONT, or 2 judge(wrecks hands ridiculously.)
i say play 2 psychic energy and 2 more darks.

so
+2 judge kills their hand, get draw and then claydol some more.
+ 2 psychic just incase the queen needs to make a move
+1 dark
+ 1 expert belt for when things need to get killed
+1 dps for searching those berry's/belt

other than that i think the idea here is solid, but you have to remember that milling and healing wont always get you the win. sometimes stuff just has to die.

You can't stack Berry and Belt. Megaton Tail is usually brutal enough that you don't need a Belt anyway, and if I want to hit heavy, I can usually use Rage instead.

Judge is a good call, that goes in instead of PONT. I'm iffy on a 4-2-4 T-Tar, having Rage is really handy but then again I'll usually just candy in anyway.

I'm not taking out Call. It's not an anti-donk, it's a consistency aid. Whether I'm in danger of being donked or not, every Basic I can get is another Pokemon I can get into play that much quicker. Since it fulfills the requirements for Mountain Eater there's no reason not to play it.

yea i like judge. i play 2-3 in my blastoise deck works wonders. judge there hand and snipe claydol. they hit me i heal snipe main hitter for ko. gg.

if you insist on keeping call, i guess its fine.
i guess rage works, i like belt for the fact that he'll have 180 hp lol. which is pretty much wailord, but useful, but thats just me. it would be awesome if you could belt and berry, broke lol.

i think you should add a donphan counter since you're stil in the one hit range. make room for a 1-0-1 kingdra prime with water energy? or something rather.

I'd consider taking out one of the Pokemon Collectors. I would figure with all of your draw and search power (Call, Bebe's, Roseanne's, Pokemon Communication, Collector, and Claydol) I have a feeling that Collector will be a dead draw later on. Possibly add in another roseanne's to get the dark basic energy when you need it, also, I'm not sure how you'd want to do it, but I would throw in at least one or two psychic energy as a safety outlet for Nidoqueen, considering she can also take advantage of a DCE attach and potentially attack for big damage if need be.

It might just be my style of play, but I do find myself using Call energy not too often, possibly one of those could be cut? Although I understand why they're necessary for CONSISTENCY (I read that article, just found it funny I'm mentioning consistency now haha)

i think you should add a donphan counter since you're stil in the one hit range. make room for a 1-0-1 kingdra prime with water energy? or something rather.

That's a good point, though you don't see a whole lot of donphan running around. Donphan also really doesn't like Queen; they can take Heavy Impact or Earthquake like a boss and return powerful Ruthless Tails (after I add psychic) that pretty much always 2HKO. Queen can handle one EQ when the Donphan's belted, without being belted herself - you take two prizes and they only take one if they can get the KO on Queen. Hmm...

I'll keep thinking about a counter.

czech: I understand the feeling with collector; I always drew it lategame and wondered what I was supposed to do with it, but honestly it's one of the best T1 supporters you can possibly have, and I want as many as I can get for that reason.

Nidoqueen needs Psychic. I'll see what I can take out for 2.

I disagree with your examination of Donphan. It may not be as popular as, say, Jumpluff or SP decks, I would estimate that it will be a much larger part of nationals than people are willing to assume. However, I think Tyranitar will be a very interesting thing to do, and Nidoqueen is in my lineup, as well. However, the Donphan matchup will be hard, especially if you underestimate it's presence and don't tech accordingly.

Besides that, several SP decks will have Promocroak ( 130 damage is nothing to joke about, even if it may not kill you, it will certainly ruin your day, especially if you already have damage out ) and there will still be people who run -Champ variants.

I'd recommend finding room for a 1 - 0 - 1 / 1 - 1 - 1 ( preferably 1 - 0 - 1 ) Exploud. It's the strongest anti-phan tech you can get, and just try not to worry about the bench damage against Donphan.

You have too many single-ditch search cards ( bebe / communicator ). Remember, Ryan's article tells about where you start sacrificing playability for consistency. Dropping 2 communicator is not so bad a move, if you're in need of space - and based on your setting, you are. Up your Dark count by 2, so as to make your energy drops a little more consistent. You need at least 1 more recursion card ( Night Maintenance or Time-Space Distortion preferably, so that you can search for what you get with Roseanne / Bebe if you Night Maintenance, or search for what you didn't pull off TSD. ) I'd go down 1 collector for that.

tl;dr : -2 Communicator / +2 dark
-1 Collector / +1 TSD ( OR ) Night Maintenance
Find spaces for 1 - 0 - 1 Exploud if you're concerned with the Donphan matchup. ( I personally would probably slip tech spaces from Nidoqueen, but it's ultimately preference. )

Didn't think about Exploud. That's a great tech except that trying to get out a Stage 2 to counter a Stage 1 donk deck isn't exactly optimal. But it's worth a look.

Promocroak isn't too scary. I won't land very many KOs on SP anyway, and if they do shoop up a Croak, I can Rage them to death for it. Wouldn't they be more likely to Bright Look Queen anyway? Of course, I need to test this matchup - I really have no idea how it would go, Luxchomp always confuses me on the other side of the field - so we will see.

I'm not sure what you mean about the single-ditch search. I do know that I ran 4 communication and 3 Bebe's in my Jumpluff, when I played it, and absolutely adored the massive amount of search available to me. I don't need to be terribly fast with this deck, but I do need to set up two stage 2s to be effective - so I've preserved that searchability just to be safe.

I've also run tank decks before, particularly with Queen (specifically, Garchomp). 2-1-2 Queen is absolutely necessary. Any less, and you have trouble getting it into play consistently, plus you have no out if it gets KO'd, which wrecks you. On the same note, you rarely need to recover with a tank deck like this - having 4 Tyranitars in play isn't much better than having 3. If one get's KO'd (which should almost never happen, if you're running it right and it has the capabilities I hope it does), it doesn't hurt you that bad; just bring up the next one and keep going. I would definitely add more Memory Berries before I added recovery cards.

There's almost no need for dark energy in this deck. I'll probably end up adding more because Megaton Tail CAN win you games when you haven't got Rage available, but since everything else only requires C or CC, I can make do with Call and Double Colorless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back