Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AmphyTurn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amphy#1

Are you guys tired of me posting Amphy decks? I can't help it, they're sooooo good. :lol:

So I went to the prerelease and traded for 3 Lanturn Primes. (I only nedded 2 though). I imediately started working on building my deck while I was there. (I brought some of my old cards with me) I tweaked it a little bit last night so here it is.

AmphyTurn!!

Pokemon=20
3-2-3 Amphy HS
2-2 Lanturn Prime
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Manetric PL

Supporters/Trainers=28
4. Bebe
3. Roseanne
2. New Theory
2. Copycat
3. Rare Candy
2. Warp Point
2. Night Maintenance

2. Pokemon Communication
4. Plus Power
1. Luxury Ball
2. Expert Belt
1. Bench Shield

Energy=12
4. DCE
8. Lightning

Strategy: Use Amphy's 1st attack Acceleration bolt to get the party started. Then, send out Lanturn and hit'em with a Powerful Spark, doing alot of damage for the amount of energy on all my Pokemon.

I'm debating about using the HS Mareep because of his low HP. If I do use it I would have to add a Lucian's Assignment to the deck.

I want to hear from Masters, especially those that live in NC/SC. Let me know what you guys think about this deck. Don't hold back either. I can take the heat.

Discuss. :)

Last edited:
You have Manectric. Why are you worried about Entei/Raikou?

Oh my God!!, you're right!! :lol: I totally didn't see that. They would have to snipe him first, then do it, but that might take too long. Thanks so much. :smile: that takes care of one of my questions.

Im not completely sure but that seems like it would be hard to function with that many pokemon

(i might just be super tired)

Im not completely sure but that seems like it would be hard to function with that many pokemon

(i might just be super tired)

Yeah, that might be it. It's only 19 Pokemon. I have room for all of them on my bench, so it works out fine. Get some rest buddy. :smile:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I've also got to change that Entei/Raikou question in my post too.

Last edited:
Just a few thoughts

Think about Pachi as a starter. 3 would be right if you want to go this way. - Just take out some supporters/Trainers

I think I would drop the azelf and unown G along with 1 of the night maintenance or a plus power for an additional 1-1-1 amphy line. With that change the chances of a bad prize situation are pretty low. This will also eliminate the Unown G or Azelf start. You only have 10 starters and have a 1 in 5 (actually a little less since you could start with 2 pokes) chance of starting with one of these

Combine the first two and I think you will have a more consistent deck.

Think about a stadium Conductive Quarry could replace another of the night maintenance

Also consider at least 1 bench shield for the manetric - Trade out a plus power

2 More Rare Candy or a combo with BTS for the other 2 plus powers.

Take what you like from the above. Per your request I am a master but in Florida.

IMHO, I would use Feraligatr Prime instead of Ampharos for energy Acceleration.
Lanturn may become Water due to its Poke-Power giving it the ability to receive water energies from Rain Dance.
Also, Lanturn and Ampharos are both vulnerable to Fighting types, though Feraligatr is not, which provides you an alternative just in case.
Considering Jirachi UL seems to get quite a bit of attention, and the roaming of tombs. I would lay off candies, add a couple of more stage 1 evolutions and BTS is always your friend.

Just a few thoughts

Think about Pachi as a starter. 3 would be right if you want to go this way. - Just take out some supporters/Trainers

I think I would drop the azelf and unown G along with 1 of the night maintenance or a plus power for an additional 1-1-1 amphy line. With that change the chances of a bad prize situation are pretty low. This will also eliminate the Unown G or Azelf start. You only have 10 starters and have a 1 in 5 (actually a little less since you could start with 2 pokes) chance of starting with one of these

Combine the first two and I think you will have a more consistent deck.

Think about a stadium Conductive Quarry could replace another of the night maintenance

Also consider at least 1 bench shield for the manetric - Trade out a plus power

2 More Rare Candy or a combo with BTS for the other 2 plus powers.

Take what you like from the above. Per your request I am a master but in Florida.

I see what you're talkin about. I'll add another Amphy line. Can't go wrong with more Amphy right? :lol: I might go 1 more Candy, and I've got to get some BTS's. So, thanks. :smile:

IMHO, I would use Feraligatr Prime instead of Ampharos for energy Acceleration.
Lanturn may become Water due to its Poke-Power giving it the ability to receive water energies from Rain Dance.
Also, Lanturn and Ampharos are both vulnerable to Fighting types, though Feraligatr is not, which provides you an alternative just in case.
Considering Jirachi UL seems to get quite a bit of attention, and the roaming of tombs. I would lay off candies, add a couple of more stage 1 evolutions and BTS is always your friend.

I was thinking about Gatr too. I might try that later. As far as being weak to fighting, I have'nt seen or heard of a good fighting deck being in the format right now. Machamp has died, Donphan has lost it's hype and is weak to all the water decks running around, and we can all play around Toxicroak G.

Weakness?, What weakness?

Thanks for the post, keep it comming. :smile:

Yeah, I'll take advice from any Master. You guys are in my division and should know what's going on in the format , and have a good idea of what's being played and such. Plus, we Masters are older, more competitive, and strategic. That's the kind of info that I want to get because we can all relate to each other.

Last edited:
I don't like the only 2 lanturn primes considering they are your main attackers. Maybe drop a 1/1 Manectric for a 1/1 Lanturn?

Update the list and let's see what you have going on

My changes are in bold up there.

Po-po, I was thinking about that too. That's why I got 3 of them at the prerelease. I'll have test it out that way too. Makes it hard to take out stuff.

Yeah, I'll take advice from any Master. You guys are in my division and should know what's going on in the format , and have a good idea of what's being played and such. Plus, we Masters are older, more competitive, and strategic. That's the kind of info that I want to get because we can all relate to each other.

Well, I was going to comment on the deck like I usually do, but I can see that my opinion isn't wanted.

:frown:

It's amazing what a Promocroak can do to this deck. I'd consider Sunyshore Gym unless you like your Pokemon getting OHKO'd.

Well, I was going to comment on the deck like I usually do, but I can see that my opinion isn't wanted.

:frown:

People like you I consider a master, so post away my friend. :smile:

It's amazing what a Promocroak can do to this deck. I'd consider Sunyshore Gym unless you like your Pokemon getting OHKO'd.

Thanks for the weakness lesson. Here's one about I come back and KO you're lone Croak easily. Lets see, 1 Croak vs 3 Amphy's and 2 Lanturn Primes. I don't think it looks to good for you buddy.

I would put it in my deck, but putting in a tech just for 1 card just doesn't feel right right now.

Keep it comming. :smile:

Last edited:
I think you are looking pretty solid as it stands. I don't like that you have no counter for any stadium. You have to fit at least one of your choice in there. Don't know how these would work for you but think of these twist for the deck.

Rayquaza from LA in combination with one of the three supporters that allow you to discard a card to draw cards or just to use later in the game to get some of that energy out of the discard and into play.

Rotom with those same supporters or again just for a late game energy charge.

With all of those different Amphy out there you may be able to sneak one in for a bench sitter/decoy and just general annoyance to your opponent. I like the SW Jamming (also helps with the weakness only + 30) or even the prime.

With the low lighting energy cost try replacing 2 of the lighting energy with a warp, cyclone (they almost never see this one coming and it is soooo fun to see that look when you drop it on the) Health, Recover or Call.

Again take what works for your style. What to remove would depend on your play style as well. I would remove the plus power but I almost never use them in my decks and that is my style.

People like you I consider a master, so post away my friend. :smile:

Oh well, in that case :thumb:

I like Lanturn Prime, and seeing as it is the best attacker in the deck, I would increase the line to 3-3.

I reckon you can afford to drop the PlusPowers as the 2 Expert Belts are enough.

Use the other two space for either . . .

2 Sunnyshore (I think Promocroak will hurt, and although I see Donphan decks declining, I also see it being teched as a Luxray counter).

or

2 more Communication for extra consistency

I am wondering about Shaymin UL as a tech. This deck needs to keep Energy in play, and being able to move it off a Lanturn that is about to be KO'd might be worth it.

Oh well, in that case :thumb:

I like Lanturn Prime, and seeing as it is the best attacker in the deck, I would increase the line to 3-3.

I reckon you can afford to drop the PlusPowers as the 2 Expert Belts are enough.

Use the other two space for either . . .

2 Sunnyshore (I think Promocroak will hurt, and although I see Donphan decks declining, I also see it being teched as a Luxray counter).

or

2 more Communication for extra consistency

I am wondering about Shaymin UL as a tech. This deck needs to keep Energy in play, and being able to move it off a Lanturn that is about to be KO'd might be worth it.

Yeah, I do have E-Belts in here. So I think I can do without them. I guess I can add Sunnyshore as a counter to other stadiums. I'm still debating on a 3rd Lanturn. I'm going to work on that before I go to leauge tomorrow.

Uftroll, so you think I should keep 3 Amphy's in here and have 1 be one of the old ones? I'll have to try that. I like the idea of a teched Warp, or Cyclone energy. I have to see if I have some. :smile:

I'm gonna try to be at the league tomorrow, can't wait to play the new deck. Can't wait to show you my new deck too! Lemme know what you think of it Blast/Gatr Snipe
Quick suggestion, you may want to fit a Pokemon Collector in there, it can be life saving. Maybe take out 1 Bebe since not everytime you get it will you want to put a card back on top of your deck.

I'm gonna try to be at the league tomorrow, can't wait to play the new deck. Can't wait to show you my new deck too! Lemme know what you think of it Blast/Gatr Snipe
Quick suggestion, you may want to fit a Pokemon Collector in there, it can be life saving. Maybe take out 1 Bebe since not everytime you get it will you want to put a card back on top of your deck.

It's actually supposed to be in the list up there. Here's the list I'm gonna try out at league today.

AmphyTurn!!

Pokemon=22
3-2-3 Amphy HS, 1 SW
3-3 Lanturn Prime
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Manetric PL

Supporters/Trainers=27
4. Bebe
3. Roseanne
2. New Theory
2. Copycat
3. Rare Candy
2. Warp Point
2. Night Maintenance
2. Pokemon Communication
1. Pokemon Collector
1. Luxury Ball
2. Expert Belt
1. Bench Shield
2. Sunnyshore City Gym

Energy=11
4. DCE
8. Lightning

I'll try to report on this tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back