Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

what the heck is RNG?

Random Number Generation

Basically, inputting stats to get good IVs/Shiny Pokemon/Natures, etc. I have no clue how it was discovered or implemented into such an easy-to-use program, but it works.

Well, I only use it for Shinies at the moment... The basic idea of it is as follows:

1. Find your secret ID (there are a few ways to do this)
2. Download RNG Reporter
3. Select DPPt Egg (English) on the left and enter IDs
4. Empty your daycare and have 5 Pokemon in your party (set your app to #5)
5. Save your game up by some Resort Area/High Level Area grass
6. Restart, enter the time in the 2nd tab in the DPPt Seed Finder
7. Catch a Pokemon (40+)
8. Record all stats/nature/specifics
9. Generate (make sure 'Shiny only' box is checked)
10. Right click and calculate Poketch taps
11. Switch to #6 (Happiness checker) and double tap X times in an area where no Pokemon are to make them hop X times
12. Switch to coin flipping app and flip coin Y times
13. Fly to daycare, run to box inside daycare, select 2 parents to pull out of box
14. Place Pokemon in daycare and get egg. Soft reset for better IVs.

Again, this is a very basic explanation, but it covers most of the bases. Please use Google/your own research methods to find these programs, as I am not allowed to post links on this site.

The rng is the Random Number Generator that generates everything in the game. Some people have figured out how it generates pokemon stats and are able to get the stats they want on their game. They can also look for shiny pokemon while they are at it.

I believe this link will help you:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pokemon+RNG

They are. It's not a cheat, it predicting and calculations on the part. Which is programed in the game, which makes it perfectly fine for VGC. If they get a bit curious, just say you got really lucky. Marriland knows about the stuff, as does Mike L, I would believe, so there is no problem in that.

Also to add, some kid had his whole team shiny, and passing the hack check. They were most likely RNG'd by his parents or so, if they are very much into the game.

I've only gotten shinys on the part, and it takes me forever to get right. Only one, if I could add. But, on the point, they are all legal as it's just you predicting the right time to get to what is needed.

Yes, people have found a new level to make the game less fun.

How so? by breeding stronger pokemon does that make the ggame less fun? Thats like saying, everyone is using luxray, LV X that makes the game less fun... no it just makes the decks stronger.

I feel like if you take the time to master and execute the rng abuse(cause it does take some time) that it takes to get shiny pokemon, you have earned them, You know how long it takes to flip the coin app 1345 times.... you know haw hard it is to hit the perfect delay for your perfect pokmon... alot harder than riding your bike up and down then hatching the first egg you get.

RNG seperates the casual players from the serious. Most people who dont know what IVs are Dont know what the RNG

I agree, and it's the reason that my interest in this game will probably never rise above the very simple "beat the E4" level. About my only passion is a Speed Run, and that's a lot more interesting to me than simple RNG abuse. IV calculations and proper natures are integral to such a run, though...

Back