Which set of luxray gl lv x is best to use in luxchomp:

2-2:
pro-
don't have to aaron's or night a luxray x if one gets knocked out
have 1 extra if 1 luxray x goes to the lost zone
don't have to poke turn to bright look again if you have already done 1
you have another one if 1 is prized you have another 1 to use

con-
if a normal lxray gl is sent to the lost zone or discarded your stuck with 2 x's
you have to poke turn one luxray leveled up and wait one turn to bright look again if you've already used 2

3-1:
pro-
have three on bench so if 1 is dark palmed and the other is killed you can still vright look on your next turn
have 2 extra if 1 is sent to the lost zone or discarded
good for storing damage from flash impact since they can be healing breathed

con-
if the x is discarded or sent to the lost zone
they have low hp so there easy targets and you can only level up 1

2-2. You almost never need 3 Luxrays going around, and the second Lux X makes it much easier to draw one. The ability to let it get KO'd without having to waste a supporter to get it back is also invaluable.

It all reality it is a personal choice. Most people play 2-1. However 3-1 is good as well. 2-2 is overkill IMO as most people will tell you that it isn't needed. I personally would go with 3-1 if I had to choose, but 2-1 is more realistic so that you can have room for other important cards.

Drew

I myself play a 3-1 Luxray GL Lv.X (mainly because I only have the one)

But I'd probably go 2-2 Luxray GL Lv.X myself.

---------- Post added 05/18/2010 at 07:10 PM ----------

2-2. You almost never need 3 Luxrays going around, and the second Lux X makes it much easier to draw one. The ability to let it get KO'd without having to waste a supporter to get it back is also invaluable.

Don't forget, you can always use Premier Ball if needed.

Premier Ball always feels like a waste of space to me. Why would I want to spend a slot of a deck on an unsearchable out that can't be played with Spiritomb active, when I could just play a second Lv. X instead?

Because PB also gets chomp. and uxie. and any other level X you're using

3/1 is great to start with luxray the most- he is the best starter in the deck, especially for mirror matches. that stupid chomp start is so easy to KO and mess up. everyone else is weak too.

having 2/2 is sometimes pretty amazing though

Because PB also gets chomp. and uxie. and any other level X you're using

3/1 is great to start with luxray the most- he is the best starter in the deck, especially for mirror matches. that stupid chomp start is so easy to KO and mess up. everyone else is weak too.

having 2/2 is sometimes pretty amazing though

exactly what he said.
there is no definite answer: you either prefer playing 2-1, 3-1, or you prefer playing 2-2
they each have upsides and downsides :/

there are basically 2 scenarios that will happen.

either
1. youll draw your opening hand, and curse yourself for not running 3 luxrays.

or

2. 20 minutes into the game, your cursing yourself for only running 1 level X

so just decide-- would you rather have option #1 happen to you, or option #2

I would personally play a 2-2. I think that late game potential is more useful than a slight increase in early game potential, since you already have an amazing early game and are extremely lacking in late game.

It all comes down to personal preference, but for me 2-2 is the play.

The 2 basics is easy enough to get as your deck should have calls, rosys and sp radars to help you get it out.

The 2 level xs are great in case one gets ko'ed early and you still have the option with the second. Also, having a prized lux x is a game changer as it forces you to play azelf and its a easy target for the opposition.

Premier Ball can also act as a Poketurn. If you allow your Luxray GL Lv X to be KO'd for example, you can Prem Ball it back and reuse Bright Look.

If I were to play Luxray, I would play a 2-2 line actually. As it has been mentioned, it makes using the Lv.X much easier, as here, you are running 2 Luxray GL Lv.X. With 2 Luxrays, you can Bright Look more easily than usual. This also helps that if one goes down, you don't need to bring out another one through something like Aaron's. Thus, I personally would use the 2-2 line in most cases.

But of course, a 3-1 line is still possible as it will most of the time prevent the chance that you will have a Luxray GL (basic) prized.

3-1 is in my opinion Never gonna give you give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

3-1 is in my opinion Never gonna give you give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

I must quote this... It just made my day.

Back