Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal= 50171]
2010-5-31 Dual Ball UL 72/95
[/gal]​

First!
You most likely will get only one basic, but it is better than great ball. This allows you to get coming-into-play powers with a trainer.
6/10

Isn't it good to see card be reprinted! What do I mean? Well, that last time we saw Duel Ball, it was in Crystal Guardians. :lol:

Basically, Duel Ball is pretty much a reprint. It lets you flip two coins. For each heads, you can grab a basic Pokemon. Show it to your opponent, and it goes into your hand. Then, you shuffle your deck. Well, it is flippy, but it is better than Great Ball, but maybe not as good as Pokemon Collector right now.

Overall 7/10 in modified, 10/10 in limited, and 1/10 in unlimited

In modified, this card can be a great way to search out basics. Yes it is flippy, but it is better than Great Ball that's for sure. It does have competition with Collector sadly, but Duel Ball has some pluses compared to this card. The main plus is that it is trainer, while Collector is a supporter. Thus, Duel Ball can be great for lots of decks in my opinion.

In limited, this card is really good with the absence of Pokemon Collector. It is pretty much one of the number one Pokemon search cards in UL, having the ability to grab some basics. If you pull out this card in a pack in something like a prerelease, you should definitely consider playing it in your limited deck.

In unlimited, I don't see any uses for this card sadly.

This card is pretty nice. Chances are that you'll get one pokemon usally. Or more :p. Not as good as Rosy's and Collectors,but this card is a trainer,the only advantage against these cards. You could be getting 0-4 for cards combined with good rod :D!Too bad it's only basics. But this card also makes me think "is poke-ball really that bad?"

Limited 10/10 You can search rather than meaningless draw
Modified 6/10 Most people will favor Collectors and Rosy's usaully,but it's not useless.

This brings back memories.

It might be usable in some decks like AMU where you need to play pokemon from your hand instead of putting them on the battlefield directly from your deck. But usually Roseanne's does the job better. But it is a trainer so that's a plus.
Overall it is playable, especially in fast decks.

Why isn't this card better than luxury ball in SP? Because it's flippy? Seems worth it tbh, even more so sense you can run more of them.

This card has single handedly revived Uxie Donk, or "Solitaire" . The ability to grab an Uxie or a Crobat G AND use it's power up to 8 times in a trainer turn is ridiculous in Uxie. Outside of the Donk, it is one of the key players in a brand new draw engine that is seeing mass testing. The "Judge Engine" uses Unown R's combined with a key Judge, giving your opponent 4 cards, and then you either Retire, or play Time Space Distortion to get R's or Uxie's to give yourself the advantage. Dual Ball gives you more outs to get Uxie after that Judge, and this highly disruptive engine will see play at Nats and Worlds.
For that reason, Dual Ball deserves an 8/10 for being a key card in an engine.

This card has single handedly revived Uxie Donk, or "Solitaire" . The ability to grab an Uxie or a Crobat G AND use it's power up to 8 times in a trainer turn is ridiculous in Uxie. Outside of the Donk, it is one of the key players in a brand new draw engine that is seeing mass testing. The "Judge Engine" uses Unown R's combined with a key Judge, giving your opponent 4 cards, and then you either Retire, or play Time Space Distortion to get R's or Uxie's to give yourself the advantage. Dual Ball gives you more outs to get Uxie after that Judge, and this highly disruptive engine will see play at Nats and Worlds.
For that reason, Dual Ball deserves an 8/10 for being a key card in an engine.

Please tell me ur kidding on the judge engine...

On Topic...

I like it. Looking forward to see it played next format so I'll giving it a 7/10 for potential

Please tell me ur kidding on the judge engine...

On Topic...

I like it. Looking forward to see it played next format so I'll giving it a 7/10 for potential

I didn't say I was personally using it, just that it is in test phase right now in the Midwest area.

Today's CotD is Dual Ball from UL, currently the poor man's Roseanne/Pokemon Collector, and a card poised to be even better come the rotation. Now, while I call it a poor man's version of the above cards (as it is inherently more unreliable than the above two), it does come with 1 big benefit; it doesn't use up a Supporter for the turn, freeing you to play a more powerful search one or draw. So anyways, back to Dual Ball itself, flipping 2 coins and getting to grab a Basic from your deck and into your hand means you'll on average gain about 1, which isn't too bad considering again it's not a Supporter.

Modified - 7/10 (A good cheap card right now, expect it to see some more increased play perhaps come rotation)
Limited - 10/10 (Run it, no reason not to)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here)

Too flippy - if you had enough pokemon in the deck, you'd probably be further ahead playing PokeRadar.

Anyone know how to do the stats to figure out where the Dual Ball/PokeRadar break even point is?

This card certainly has some use in some decks. I like how although it might not work, it can get you two basics into your hand. Unlike Great Ball, you can play basics like Uxie and Azelf down to use their powers, whereas Great Ball would not let you use their Powers. Yes, it is flippy, but the effect can be worth it in some decks. 6/10

Too flippy - if you had enough pokemon in the deck, you'd probably be further ahead playing PokeRadar.

Anyone know how to do the stats to figure out where the Dual Ball/PokeRadar break even point is?
Except Pokeradar just gives you random stuff...seems terrible, and not at all in the same utility of Dual Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back