Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Roserade/Leafeon X Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthtace

Just getting this deck ready for battle roads. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Pokemon - 21
Roserade(HS2) 2-2
Claydol (GE) 3-3
Leafeon Lv. X (2-2RR-2)
Parasect (SV) 2-2
Shaymin (HS2) 1

Trainers - 18
Looker’s Investigation x2
Judge x2
Energy Returner x1
Night Maintenance x1
Pokemon Communication x4
Interviewer's Questions x4
Engineer's Adjustments x4

Energy - 21
Rainbow x 4
Grass x17

Strategy: Parasect and Leafeon/IQ's for energy to Roserade, then use both the Leafeon and Roserade to kill quickly. Other tricks are pretty obvious.

3 Claydol is a bit much. I understand it's your main draw power, but you could be using a LOT better supprters to get set up faster. And SEVENTEEN grass energy???

-1-1 Claydol
-2 Looker's
-2 Judge
-4 Engineer's
-8 Grass Energy

+1-1 Roserade
+1-1 Parasect
+0-1 Shaymin X (Land form)
+3 Bebe's Search
+2 Roseanne's Research
+3 Warp Point
+2 Dawn Stadium
+1 Broken Time-space
+2 Psychic Energy

The problem is I don't like Supporters in general. They're slow and cumbersome, I'd much rather use trainers. Planning on incorporating a set of Poke Drawer + , though not sure what to take out for it. I also keep Judge and Looker for disruption and refreshing hand. I'd explain the number of grass energy, but as far as it goes, they're mostly for quick deck cutting with IQ's, and the fact that if I can get a rose on the bench with 10+ energy and a Leafeon X active, there isn't much that can stop them.

^ Supporters are one way to get around alot of the different locks in this format.... as well Try exeggcute (call) and Exegguctor w/ Nutrional support

When you go against Spiritomb Platinum Arceus, your deck is just about dead in the Grass. It prevents all Trainers from being played for either Person. And no Supporters in the Deck, and you have no Draw Power to use. Also, I'd drop 1-1 Claydol line and add two Uxie LA. It's another major card to speed ones deck. Claydol is good, but it's a Stage 1 and takes two turns to get going. Uxie being a basic, goes into play right away. Besides, 2-3 Claydol on bench is just Ammo for Jumpluff to use against you. Also, Claydol will be Rotated next Season so best be finding other Draw Power for the deck.

Alright, here's the final decklist for BR. Are there any last minute changes I should make?

Pokemon: 22
Roserade HSU 2-2
Parasect SV 2-2
Leafeon Lv. X 2-2-2
Flymin Lv X 1(HSU)-1
Uxie 2
Sableye 4

Trainers 20
Poke Drawer + 4
Pokemon Communication 4
Bebe's Search 2
Interviewer's Questions 4