Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battle Road Spring 2010 - OREGON

Eugene BR

Hello,

Between the bouts of downpour rain and bright sun, we had in attendance

27 Masters (cut to top 4, play 5 rounds)
11 Seniors (cut to top 2, play 4 rounds)
7 Juniors (cut to top 2, play 4 rounds)

Winners:

Masters: Clint over Andrew J. in a close match in finals. They probably played 40 minutes in sudden death over time. Whew!
3/4 Seth, Ben

Seniors
1. Robin H.
2. Chris S.

Jr.
1. Koichi
2. Micah
3. Lily H.

I came in 5th!

I took photos and they'll be posted soon. Drew will have to comment on the DS tourney. I have no idea on the winner there.

Mr. Raichu pointed out how well the state of Oregon was represented at this Eugene BR. We had players from leagues in the Portland area, Salem, Corvallis, Bend, Eugene, Lebanon, and southern Oregon (Ashland/Medford) in attendance!

Thanks to June, Chris and Drew for running a fine tournament.

See you in Corvallis next Sunday.

Last 2 Battle Roads this weekend. Aw, the fun ends already? I'm still psyched for Corvallis though. I hope to win another Victory Medal there.
~Cyber~

Last 2 Battle Roads this weekend. Aw, the fun ends already? I'm still psyched for Corvallis though. I hope to win another Victory Medal there.
~Cyber~

I've never Won one, so it would be nice to win one once. Will be seeing you in Corvallis, can't attend Hillsboro sadly. Last Tournament of the Season for me, besides the Prerelease for Undaunted that is.

Yeah, According to the Beach it's the weekend of the 7th and 14th. But they may run another weekend as Worlds is the weekend of the 14th.

^ Do we know when the pre release will be?
You are a bit off topic, but then this is a BR thread and they tend to wander terribly.

The Undaunted Prerelease is confirmed for Sunday, August 8th at Borderlands in Salem. We are working on Saturday, August 7th at Round Table pizza in Milwaukie. Since we are gone to Worlds the next weekend we hope to do Guardian and Eugene on the weekend of August 21-22. I'm not sure yet when Jason will schedule Medford.

That's all I know right now.

BDS

today:
Masters
1st Ben L (Garchomp sv) woo!
2nd Lindsey V (Garchomp sv)
3rd Corey C (TTar prime)
4th Seth K (Jumpluff) woo!

Seniors
Chris s (hope)
Oliver b (Garchomp sv)

Juniors
Coltor (Gdos!)
Hayden (?)

lol good day
Ive gone to 5 battle roads this spring season and I've gotten 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. not in that order. lolol

Last edited:
Corvallis was so awesome! It was the biggest spring battle roads this season! Plus the giveaways were mind blowing! My hats off to our amazing judges Chris, June, and Richard, and thanks to Nanette and Rich Armstrong for making sure everyone got a door prize today.

My DS match against Clint made my day. :biggrin: Spring BR's were awesome! Can't wait for the fall BR's.
~Cyber~

horay!
Chris b won which means our epic little circle of people from the Thundergym have won 1 br in masters! (ben, nicole, chris, me and jacob)

lol good stuff

I love how that guy at Eugene stood and watched everything Clint did in top cut, and then showed up at Corvallis with an EXACT copy of his deck. Hahahahaha some people have noooo imagination. Pretty sad.

Corvallis BR

Hello!

The Corvallis BR was the largest one in Oregon this spring season wtih an attendance of 79. What a way to end this BR season! Thanks to all who came to this event. I know many traveled from Portland area, Bend, Salem, Lincoln City, Eugene, Lebanon and a very nice showing of 40-something from our own Corvallis league. :thumb:

Masters:
Attendance: 42, 6 rounds;
Top 4
1. Jacob V.
2. Chris Brown
3. Steve Berrie
4. Mike Bays

winner: Chris (it seems you had to be tall, male, and have red hair to make the finals yesterday.)

Seniors:
Attendance 15, 4 rounds, top 2
Winner: Jozef
2nd Chris S.
3/4 Jonathan H. & Stephen C. (Way to represent the home turf league!)

Juniors:
Attendance: 22, 5 rounds, top 4.
Winner: Lily H.
2nd Anthony C. (first time ever in top cut! Lily, Anthony and Samson are from Corvallis!!)
3/4 Zion, Samson

A big Thank You to our judging staff.
Thank you!! to OLD WORLD DELI, who hosted our event (yummy sandwiches and brownies!)
Thanks to those who helped move the tables and chairs around.

I took photos. I'll post them soon.

Nanette

Back