Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Donphan tech in luxchomp

SpTrainer

Hey PokeGym,
My friend was wondering what a good tech against Donphan in Luxchomp is.
I was thinking maybe Glalie from Arceus.
Any other ideas are greatly appriceated.

Last edited:
sorry for the miss-understanding, he is USING luxhcomp and he needs a tech against Donphan.

---------- Post added 06/17/2010 at 10:56 PM ----------

any other ideas for a tech?

One that uses all your existing deck resources and that when Belted is the perfect 1-2 punch for Crobat's Toxic Fang is Quagsire GL .. you can 2HKO any Dhonphan with them, and with the ability to go back to the bench and be ready for the next Dumbo to hit . Not bad.

Why do you need a tech? the deck gives you an answer already. Poison donphan with crobat, next turn retreat and hit it for 80 with garchomp. End of problem

I would say that Quagsire GL is the best tech. He's SP so it's easy to get him into play and back from the discard pile, you can switch to a crobat which has -20 res. to fighting, Donphan can really only kill him using a Reversal and he's good with Luxray GL lv. X if you're planning to use Flash Impact alot.

Why do you need a tech? the deck gives you an answer already. Poison donphan with crobat, next turn retreat and hit it for 80 with garchomp. End of problem

I think it's amazing how genuinely good advice seems to slip so easily through the cracks and go relatively unnoticed.

I suppose its all the yelling "QUAGSIRE GL IS DA BESTEST" in the background that distracts people.

Back