Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What techs can beat Luxchomp?

Azelf mt, uxie and mesprit are sheap prizes for luxchomp.
Aerodactyl can knock out a luxray with the attack + double crobat.

Last edited:
By the time you get an aerodactyl you or your opponent could have had a Garchomp X out with the cards you used to search for Aerodactyl.

Then why does Aerodactyl specify the "DEFENDING Pokemon", therefore the Pokemon that Aerodactyl attacks?

The effect IS on the opponent, BUT it only stops them from leveling up/evolving their ACTIVE. Therefore they can evolve/level up (through Level Max) their bench if they want to. Which thoroughly stops SPs, because they hardly run any evolutions and NO level max unless they've got Dialga G in there.

The effect IS on the opponent, BUT it only stops them from leveling up/evolving their ACTIVE. Therefore they can evolve/level up (through Level Max) their bench if they want to. Which thoroughly stops SPs, because they hardly run any evolutions and NO level max unless they've got Dialga G in there.

The only thing is that Luxchomp doesnt use level max.....It ruins the cards...

By the time you get an aerodactyl you or your opponent could have had a Garchomp X out with the cards you used to search for Aerodactyl.

Not really Happiny, theres a staple in any deck thats even sub par for an SP deck. It's called Bronzong G, it lets you move energy's you know that one. So play down Aerodactyl on bench attach your NRG that turn retreat w/e your active card is use Bronzong G's PP and finally attach the XBelt bye bye Luxray.

If they run level max they can level up the active... Level max doesn't play the lv X from your hand.

Not really Happiny, theres a staple in any deck thats even sub par for an SP deck. It's called Bronzong G, it lets you move energy's you know that one. So play down Aerodactyl on bench attach your NRG that turn retreat w/e your active card is use Bronzong G's PP and finally attach the XBelt bye bye Luxray.

I'm saying that if you waste a supporter to get Aerodactyl out you probably could have gotten an Uxie which would have gotten you the Garchomp. Besides, it is weak to Luxray.

My FlyChamp deck techs Relicanth SV and its worked wonders against SP decks and Cursegar alike. As many Energy Gains/Expert Belts/Unown G's are always out there, I've sniped 90+ in more than a couple matches.

Q. If I use Aerodactyl GL's "Primal Breath" attack, and on my opponent's turn they switch the Defending Pokemon for a different one, can they then evolve the Pokemon that was attacked by "Primal Breath"?
A. Yes. The Primal Breath attack is an effect on the Defending Pokemon, the one that was attacked. If another Pokemon takes its place the effect is cleared. (Aug 6, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

I'll say it again. Aerodactyl won't work.

Oh, come on Jordan! It's not like Aerodactyl has x2 Weakness to Luxray!

Wait a second...

Well, at least its attack can't be played around by Poke Turn, retreating, or even simply Trash Bolting!

Wait another second...

Never mind.

Carry on with the Aerodactyl hype.

Soxrcol - Judge just limits their hand its not even that good a card next format it will be but for now it's wasted space.

Whicker - The point for Aerodactly is to not let Luxray Level Up, so it will work.

Jbowsoxrocks or w/e your screen name is, the point is that Aerodactyl will KO and unleveled Luxray, wait a second... nope it KO's Luxray.

How does it OHKO? It does 60 for 1. That's great and everything, but I'll just Poke Turn/Retreat it. Aerodactyl is an awful tech.

I mean, I'm not stopping you from playing it. Just have fun getting your can kicked against any competent Luxray player.

x2 weakness Luxray GL has x2 weakness to Lightning you attach 1 fighting and galatic move another NRG attach Xpert belt and you OHKO a Luxray GL *not the level X

Back