Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US NAtionals Coverage thread, see post 264 for more posted pics

I managed to go 6-3 in swiss. Made the top 128th in the 128th seed. Lost my first match, but somehow managed 125th place overall. I played Torterra/Flygon.

That is very funny and how is that possible... Well I geuss if someone is ranked like 123 and loses to number 127 it could be possible but I have no idea. You need to tell Yoshi about that because he will be happy for you playing his deck.

@dude It was meant to say your are "still" playing a tcg and should be treated as such.

@other dude yeah, i guess you answered

I'm not asking for lists I was just asking why they are not posted automatically for such a big event like they are in other tcgs.

Whats the infraction?

Infraction = posting off-topic (I've gotten enough of them to know :p). That comment wasn't directed at you.

As for what you said, originally it came off in your post that Magic > Pokemon, but if you just meant b/c it's a TCG, sorry for jumping all over that. Different TCGs are run in different ways, and when formats aren't changing (Worlds will be the same format), it puts the players at a disadvantage by posting their decks. I've played other TCGs run the same way, and it's better from an originality standpoint to keep lists on the DL.

That is very funny and how is that possible... Well I geuss if someone is ranked like 123 and loses to number 127 it could be possible but I have no idea. You need to tell Yoshi about that because he will be happy for you playing his deck.

Which Yoshi? And "his" deck? Yea, we had a guy like that when Gardy/Gallade came out. Anyone else that played G/G was playing"his deck" in his eyes. Good thing nobody else ever thought of that deck on their own.:biggrin:

As far as my participation, I played "Yoshi's deck"as well. Torterra/Flygon/ Nidoqueen. Never talked to Yoshi about it or anything. My son actually showed me the idea and I built it the way I liked it. Kinda thought it was my deck. Afterall they are my cards.

Seriously though, it was a lot of fun and I did manage to make the top 64 in our flight. Got slapped silly by my opponent in the top cut. Darn prizes of Torterra, Torterra, Azelf, etc, etc. That and the guy was way better than me.

Last edited:
Jason: Your list looks vaguely familiar to my own. Though I had a Drifblim FB in there as a late game option.

Trust me, its very easy to get that 1-1 Honchkrow in there. I didnt have it, but I could easily find a few slots to sneak that bugger in (though I was considering Mightyena LA myself)

Did Aylum R. get 3rd or 4th in Seniors. Congratz to Sableock for winning, though I totally expected the T2 to be Sableock v. Luxchomp, I thought LuxChomp would win. Though I kinda wish Aylum won it for the 2nd time in a row. Oh well.

EDIT: I just realized somethin. Could you imagine if both Aylum and Pooka won nats again both obtaining a double nats win back-to-back? Thatd be sick.

Last edited:
Note: PokeGym has no policy on "net-decking" or any such thing.
We're totally neutral on it.
People want to share their deck, great.
People don't want to share their deck, fine.

We do have a policy on harassment, which repeatedly making the same request of someone again and again when told no would fall under.

Which Yoshi? And "his" deck? Yea, we had a guy like that when Gardy/Gallade came out. Anyone else that played G/G was playing"his deck" in his eyes. Good thing nobody else ever thought of that deck on their own.:biggrin:

As far as my participation, I played "Yoshi's deck"as well. Torterra/Flygon/ Nidoqueen. Never talked to Yoshi about it or anything. My son actually showed me the idea and I built it the way I liked it. Kinda thought it was my deck. Afterall they are my cards.

Seriously though, it was a lot of fun and I did manage to make the top 64 in our flight. Got slapped silly by my opponent in the top cut. Darn prizes of Torterra, Torterra, Azelf, etc, etc. That and the guy was way better than me.

I'm just glad the both of us were able to show that we may be staff 90% of the time, but we can still own at an event such as Nationals. :thumb:

Very fitting for Garchomp to be on the trophy seeing as it was probably the MVP of the event.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126120

I know the guy and, believe me, he invented the deck by himself. I think he'd be glad to hear that his idea got so popular that it could actually be called Meta^^

Did anyone get a "pin" at this years nats, or did I just miss where they were being handed out? The kid was asking me about it last night.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126120

I know the guy and, believe me, he invented the deck by himself. I think he'd be glad to hear that his idea got so popular that it could actually be called Meta^^

Oh ok. I have seen that name on here before. He did well with it Cool

Thing is i dont know if i can consider it only his idea. I never talked to him about it or read anything about how he did with it, until now. His idea, yes. Only his idea, ????

---------- Post added 06/29/2010 at 08:33 AM ----------

Did anyone get a "pin" at this years nats, or did I just miss where they were being handed out? The kid was asking me about it last night.

no pins for nats. only pin i saw was 5 win for league

The national champion forgot to use Crobat's Flash Bite for the donk in the swiss. This game is now terrible.

thats true i did forget to announce flashbite in swiss, and unfortunately my opponent chose a cheep call on me. but that was fine by me because after i used set up for 6 i wiffed on the e-gain anyways, so i didnt have the donk regardless. and if you feel that this game is terrible then dont play.... just a thought from your national champ :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody knows if any Regigigas decks made the cut or went even further?
Would be glad to hear that guy did well =)

Also, I didn't hear anything of Gyarados. Quite surprising to me since it was very successful at our Nationals. With the right techs it can beat SP's in series.

Gigas made top 32 then lost in sudden death :(

thats true i did forget to announce flashbite in swiss, and unfortunately my opponent chose a cheep call on me. but that was fine by me because after i used set up for 6 i wiffed on the e-gain anyways, so i didnt have the donk regardless. and if you feel that this game is terrible then dont play.... just a thought from your national champ :lol:

Your a good player con,glad you won something big,congrats,I look up to u and alex and your guy's play skjill,hopefully can playat your guy's level someday but intill then I'm rooting for you :)

TT ftw.

Sorry Aylam but I really like Thomas to win Nats, or at least make T4, all because I want to see Steve again :p Such a great bloke, they're both. :)

And Omar ftw, you better win it man. I'd be stroked if you do end up being a National Champion after 3 years of waiting.... =D
Jason.
Thank you very much. TT lost to Aylam in T8. He came in 5th. We are trying to sell everything we got to get him to HI. I will be there.

I can't think of two better kids like Michael and TT. We are so proud of both of them.

Steve

Oh ok. I have seen that name on here before. He did well with it Cool

Thing is i dont know if i can consider it only his idea. I never talked to him about it or read anything about how he did with it, until now. His idea, yes. Only his idea, ????

---------- Post added 06/29/2010 at 08:33 AM ----------

no pins for nats. only pin i saw was 5 win for league

Well it is not really "his" idea. I was just saying that because he was the one that sparked the interest in it from winning German Nationals. I did not mean to insinuate that you took his idea or anything, but he was the one who popularized it. Since your son thought of it for you, you can tell him that he thinks like a National Champion then. I am sorry if I offended you about that comment.

On topic, that is weird how 2/3 of the champions were from New Jersey.

Back