Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Most up-to-date Price guide

PkmnManiac

Say you want to price your cards for a Selling thread, but you want to make sure the prices are right.
What guide could you go for? Site? Book? Here?

if you have an account, look at completed listings. Just because a card is priced at $100, doesn't mean it will sell

Usually the best rule of thumb when trading with others is use the same resource for everyone's cards. If they are pricing their cards out of some pokemon magazine (usually a bad idea anyways since they are instantly outdated) then price your cards from the same magazine. Same with ebay or other sites.

People will tend to value other's cards as low as possible, while they value theirs as high as possible.

As said, ebay completed auctions are your best bet for an average of what they are actually selling for. Sure you will get some dramatically low and some super high prices, but the majority should stay within $5 of each other or so.

I usually use TrollandToad since their prices are reasonable and they usually update them frequently based on the cards popularity, which pretty much determines a lot of the cards' prices.

Also, Ebay's "Completed Listings" show what people are paying for a certain card. You'll have to use some common sense here as some sellers sell low, but gouge on shipping prices. Not to mention they have to sell high enough to cover Ebay and PayPal (where applicable) fees.

In general, anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it and it is for this reason that ebay's completed auctions are the very best place to find a certain card's current value. Sites like Troll and Toad and Collector's Cache aren't necessarily accurate in this aspect as they just set a price which they feel is the maximum they will get for a card without sitting on it for a good while.

if you have an account, look at completed listings. Just because a card is priced at $100, doesn't mean it will sell
Sites like Troll and Toad and Collector's Cache aren't necessarily accurate in this aspect as they just set a price which they feel is the maximum they will get for a card without sitting on it for a good while.

I cried when I read this and saw the rest of everyone's posts. It looks like more people are understanding this concept!!

So to conclude: eBay Completed Listings > eBay > Troll and Toad > Collector's Cache > Some random kid > Magazine

I cried when I read this and saw the rest of everyone's posts. It looks like more people are understanding this concept!!

So to conclude: eBay Completed Listings > eBay > Troll and Toad > Collector's Cache > Some random kid > Magazine

I've been saying this for years... There's nothing more annoying than someone saying some card "X" is going for 100 dollars just because some store or some random ebayer has a buy it now at that price. If it doesn't sell, it isn't worth it. Otherwise I would throw a bunch of Baltoys on ebay for $1000 each so they would be worth that much. Then I could trade a handful of them for the 3 Trophy Cards I want to get :rolleyes:

Back