Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unreleased figures or fakes

I've never seen any images of it before, if it does exist. Which set is it meant to be from, Groundbreakers or the unnamed 3rd set?

It would have to be a promo, I saw a picture of one on another site. It has the same sculpt as the chess pieces like this.

Either that or someone took the figure off the chess piece and glued it to a spinner base.

It might not necessarily be a promo. If it's the same sculpt as the chess piece, I'm inclined to think more that they just used the same sculpt over. When did the chess pieces come out? It's possible many of them were just the moulds from the unreleased TFG set, which were repurposed.

I think that the Kirlia chess figure and the Kirlia TFG he saw was of the same sculpt. I've seen chess figures in ebay that used figures from the TFG like Tauros and Charmander and even figures from Kaiyodo bottlecaps like Swellow and Mew. I even saw trainer figures in the chess pieces. I guess it's just the opposite case here where the chess figures are mounted on a TFG base.

It might not necessarily be a promo. If it's the same sculpt as the chess piece, I'm inclined to think more that they just used the same sculpt over. When did the chess pieces come out? It's possible many of them were just the moulds from the unreleased TFG set, which were repurposed.

It could only have been a promo or a fake as it isn't part of Next Quest, Groundbreakers, or the unnamed set.

I don't suppose they had a picture of the base? It'd be pretty obvious if it was a promo.

Also...how is it that this game never took off when Penny Arcade did a comic on it?

Does anyone know what the last 3 from the set are? They are numbers 30, 37, and 38. Any help would be appreciated!

WoW! I love how they done the tears on Whismur! I want it! :p

UPDATED :

The set 3 List is

1 Aipom
2 Aron
3 Bayleef
4 Bellsprout
5 Charmander
6 Corphish
7 Croconaw
8 Diglett
9 Drowzee
10 Entei
11 Executte
12 Flareon
13 Golbat
14 Goldeen
15 Gyarados
16 Haunter
17 Heracross
18 Machamp
19 Magnemite
20 Marshtomp
21 Mawile
22 Mew
23 Minun
24 Nuzleaf
25 Pinsir
26 Plusle
27 Raikou
28 Rayquaza
29 Seviper
30 ????????
31 Snorlax
32 Suicune
33 Taillow
34 Tentacruel
35 Tropius
36 Tyranitar
37 ?????????
38 Whismur
39 Erika
40 Lt Surge
41 Emerald
42 Yellow

P.S Abyssblue, is there any way you can find another mew, wishmur, Minun or Plusle? And make a trade , or you can sell them to me? :) (these 4 with the 2 ??? are the only ones I dont have)

Lacking the attack doughnut, so potential fakes. Got photos of the bottoms for us at all, or are those blank?

I actually just got the figures without bases so I had to remove the bases from my extra figures to give them bases. The quality of the figures matches the ones in the 1st and 3rd set.

If you got them without bases, then they're not figures for the trading figure game, they're just regular figures.

Just looking at our TFG section in the Gallery. :frown: I got rid of the 'members category' setting on the main category.
http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=145

1. Any interest here in uploading pix if we create a section for this set (Groundbreakers?)?
  2. What is the name of the released and unreleased sets after nextquest?
  3. Anyone want to suggest a suggested standard format for the photos?

WoW! I love how they done the tears on Whismur! I want it! :p

UPDATED :

The set 3 List is

1 Aipom
2 Aron
3 Bayleef
4 Bellsprout
5 Charmander
6 Corphish
7 Croconaw
8 Diglett
9 Drowzee
10 Entei
11 Executte
12 Flareon
13 Golbat
14 Goldeen
15 Gyarados
16 Haunter
17 Heracross
18 Machamp
19 Magnemite
20 Marshtomp
21 Mawile
22 Mew
23 Minun
24 Nuzleaf
25 Pinsir
26 Plusle
27 Raikou
28 Rayquaza
29 Seviper
30 ????????
31 Snorlax
32 Suicune
33 Taillow
34 Tentacruel
35 Tropius
36 Tyranitar
37 ?????????
38 Whismur
39 Erika
40 Lt Surge
41 Emerald
42 Yellow

Just looking at our TFG section in the Gallery. :frown: I got rid of the 'members category' setting on the main category.
http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=145

1. Any interest here in uploading pix if we create a section for this set (Groundbreakers?)?
  2. What is the name of the released and unreleased sets after nextquest?
  3. Anyone want to suggest a suggested standard format for the photos?

After Next Quest there is Groundbreakers which is almost impossible to find any figures from. We don't know the name of the 3rd, unreleased, set. I spoke with Mr. Liesik the other day and he let me know it was confidential and that he unfortunately couldn't divulge the name.

I would be more than happy to upload pictures of the sets. Next Quest is complete. Grounbbreakers we only have the 8 figures which came with the starter sets- Latios, Latias, Hariyama, Green, Geodude, Mightyena, Raticat, and Landon. From the third set, we have 37 of the 42 figures- missing Plusle, Minun, Whismur, #30, and #37. We're also missing 3 promos- Dialga, Palkia, and ref. With Darkrai we have one with the standard pose and another that I think is an example of a test figure as the pose is completely different.

As to format for the pictures, what would work for the gym? Would the standards from either Event or Fan Art work? Photos of this size would probably be best so viewers can see the meticulous attention to detail paid in the sculpting process. As far as substance, the photos should have a solid, neutral background with nothing in the photo aside from the single figure. They should also be cropped tight so there isn't a lot of dead space.

I know this thread is about the 3rd unreleased set of TFG but I recently got hold of these:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/abyssblye/Pokemon%20TFG/unreleasedgroundbreakers.jpg

I'm not really sure if they're official but they really look like the real deal to me. :D
Those are prototypes from Groundbreakers, hence no stickers. They look like the ones which were slated for the set and are probably legit.

Last edited:
A little new information- the product itself appears to be real, however I now believe they weren't assembled in the factory. I've received 2 different Mew figures and one of them was broken. With careful disassembly (so I could repair the broken one) I found that neither were mounted properly.

There is a hole in the crystal that Mew is hugging where the left foot is supposed to be mounted. Being mounted properly makes it so that the piece is balanced for spinning and so that it looks like Mew if floating between the crystals. It also makes the piece more fragile than any before it and is likely why the bootleggers glued it to the crystal- so it wouldn't be broken.

Just thought I would share this because it is the first real evidence of these not being "official product" even if they do seem to be made with official parts.

Anyone have any extra Tading Fidure game trainre cards, thoes are the only ones I am interested in. I have a few but would like to collect them all. I am willing to trade real trading card game cards for them.

Plus does anyone have a complete list of all of the trainer cards that were availale in theese sets?

Thanks

Back