Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BERGYBOYS's T32 Report with PLox

BergyBoy

So we drive up from St. Louis and it’s only a four hour drive. I wasn’t sure what to play. Okay so I get to the convention center and have decided to play plox. I take a look around and it seems that plox is a good play seeing a lot of sp and jumpluff. I register and since I got second at a regional I get two byes. I hang out a little and check the roster at like 10 and notice it does not say I have two byes. So I get up early the next morning and report to a judge who has to verify on a graph another judge owns to verify I have the byes. After about twenty minutes they agree I have the bye.
[B]Day 1[/B]
So pairings go up and I double check them and they have put up the byes.

Round 1 vs. Bye

I go check out my friend nugget because he is sitting next to the stands. He has an okay start but the guy across from him gets a turn 1 double claydol and jumpluff and I cant watch anymore.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Bye

2-0
Round 3 vs John B with Sablelock w/luxray
John and I knew each other from last year when we played each other the first round of worlds, which he won. So I get a slow setup and he is taking quick prizes. It is now 2-6 in his favor. I get up a P-lock and next turn I candy dusknoir and shuffle back in his bench luxray while I kill the active one at the same time messing him up. Earlier in the game he had played a cyrus initiative to mess me up but now every turn I can telepass it. I keep up the lock with initiative and come back to win.
3-0
Round 4 vs. AJ L w/ Mother gengar
Aj and I are friends from St. Louis and we tested out the matchup before hand. I play no unown g and it comes down to if I can get a turn two pychic lock and it also comes down to flips. Luckily, I go first and start with tomb, attach dce and evolve to kirlia and come up with the turn two plox on his turn one gengar. He shadow rooms me and I mesprit pychic bind and bring down to get around fainting spell and continue to keep up the lock and he cant recover.
4-0
Round 5 vs Luke S. w/ Luxpluff
So he goes first with baltoy me with tomb and says draw go. I do some stuff and pass back. He says draw go. I figure he has an awful hand so I retreat to uxie and restore for twenty while holding a belt praying for the donk. What I didn’t realize was he didn’t have a bad hand, he was under the tomb lock, uxie was a big mistake. He drops double communication and luxury ball and manages to set up jumpluff and claydol with a full bench. YES A Full Bench! I P-lock him next turn and he sets up another pluff. I candy dusknoir shuffle it back in and Plox for the Ko. He cant comeback.
5-0
Round 6 vs. ??? w/ luxpluff
I get a turn 2 plox and he can’t recover and I proceed to setup triple gardy and he scoops.
6-0
Round vs. Jason A. w/ luxchomp
So he starts with garchomp and uses call energy for a uxie and a bronzong. I realize he has the uxie x so I send up tomb instead of keeping ralts active and getting the t2 plox. He does have the uxie x but no supporter and he zen blades on my tomb. I bring up another one and set up a gardy. It is a couple of turns til he can get a supporter but when he does I drpo a dusknoir shuffling back in uxie x and judge him followed by a plox KO for complete control. He struggles to recover and eventually scoops. GG.
7-0
So I finish the first day going seven and 0 so i know I am pretty much locked in top cut.
Day 2
Round 8 vs. Sam G w/ Luxchomp
So he gets an awful hand against my turn 2 plox and I get a quick lead of 3-6 prizes and I begin to think I am gonna win. I drop a dusknoir to shuffle back in chomp and play my final judge. Out of nowhere he drops a blaziken with a fire energy and brings up my dusknoir. Now I am out of dce and the previous turn I set up another gardevoir instead of gardi x so I couldn’t teleport which was a huge misplay. He proceeds to get a turn of powers and sets up for seven! I had no idea he could make that kinda comeback against plox and I am out of judge and warp point and I have noway to retreat my dusknoir and he just snipes around it. GG.
7-1
Round 9 vs. Aaron w/ Donphan Manectric ERL
So I look at the board and I am playing aaron with donphan ERL and I know from the start I am screwed. I know aaron from nats last year where we played each other in a plox mirrior match. Ever since then we had been good friends so I knew what he was playing and got scared. He gets a quick donphan and I bring up kirlia and go through cosmics and uxies and cant find any gardi or anyway to get the gardi. I think I belt and burst up tomb for thirty he koes it and I go for the plox. He brings up manectric and spreads and I do eighty and he starts goin back to donphan. He has a belted donphan with 120 on it and he drops a ssu and flips heads and I am thinking.. if that was tails I had the game. But it was heads which makes it more exciting and he brings it up with BTS and kills my gardi. I know now I must go for the win and bring up gallade and cut. If he gets the warp point he wins but if he doesn’t I win as he can one shot anything on my board and I can oneshot anything on his board. He cosmics and on the first card gets warp point.
7-2
So I finish ninth seed and head in to top 64.
T64 vs. Collin M. w/ Luxchomp
So all of my friends told me he was playing pluff and I get super excited since that’s my autowin. However, I soon found out it was luxchomp.
Game1: so we each gets quick starts and regardless of judes and the plox he still sets up and is able to set up. He snipes off some thing and puts my gardi to sleep with misdreavus! Luckily I level up out of it and plox for the ko but he drops ERL for the game. 0-1
Game2: He has an awful hand and I proceed to sweep his board with plox. He tries to get a turn of powers with misdreavus but I manage to flip heads and continue to plox him. 1-1
Game3: So I think I have this game with a T3 belted gardi active until he dces an uxie and levels up to do 120 to my gardi and I am like uhoh. As he ends his turn time is called and I just Plock the uxie for the win! Great Games Collin. It was a pleasure playing you!
T32 vs. Geoff S. w/ Gdos
Game1: So we each get classic starts with tombs and sableyes and I get the first ko with plox. He brings up gdos hits me, I hit him back, he kos me and I cant get a gardi off of cosmics and stuff so I have to burst out kirlia. We go on to trade kos and he is forced to drop a lookers to stay alive. Almost every turn after that I look at his hand and shuffle accordingly. Now he has one prize and I have two. I drop gardi x and send it active, he hurts it and I plox for the ko. If he can topdeck gyrados he wins: I had seen his hand with telepass lookers and he had no gyrados. The topdeck: rescue for the gdos. 0-1
Game2: I get a quick plox and he goes through so much draw power with sableye and felicities and cant get a BTS so he scoops. 1-1
Game3. I look at my hand and it is god with ralts candy gardi dce and rossanes. He lets me go first And I draw attach, future sight. He goes flashbite ralts….uh oh. He plays ssu…tails. Another one.. heads. Ten to ralts. Now I am in trouble he drops uxie for seven and gets the energy and the turn and bites my ralts with bat and restores for the Donk!
Props:
T32
A box for T32
Diaz for winning
Andrew for T8
Thomas and Aylam for representing NE
Plox
MUFFINS MCBUNNITRABBIT
Slops:
Donks
Balziken
This Report was written by Michael B. property of TEAM SMERF!!!!!!!

Hey man! This is Collin M from T64. I had a great time playing you. You are a very solid player, and I could tell you had a sick list. Congrats!

That was a very intense game we had! You might want to mention that I went through a Uxie for six before setting up the Claydol for the Cosmic Power. It was definitely close in the end. Good job on top 32!

-Aaron

lmao!
slops:
blaziken

haha
i wish you coulda stayed in top so i played you again later in top. BY THE WAY this is Sam
good job =p

---------- Post added 07/09/2010 at 10:46 AM ----------

oh wait just to add .... i donked Collin in swiss lmfao
hi collin i just saw your post lol

good job berg...I'm Jimmy I was also 7-0 after day 1 but I went 0-3 day 2 :/
you going to worlds? If not guess I'll see you nats next year

I was your round 5 opponet, that was a good game but I should have seen dusk coming.

Good Job on the top 32!

collin that was an amazing set of games. Aaron it was awesome playing u.. i hat that we got paired up. Also, box box box box box.. TEAM SMERF! I hate that freakin blaziken though it lost me the game... freakin luring flame. Thanks everyone for the posts!

Back