Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why are sunglasses illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard it was because they reflect the image of your opponent's hand. since you aren't ALLOWED to peek at your opponent's hand, it's cheating

Well let's start this off again...

1) Macchamp is a troll. He is starting a random topic again (He is a troll because he posted in the Worlds thread "who is reppin xxx area" in almost all of them. He also did this for pre-releases, etc.) Look this up, I am not joking, he is just a very bad troll.

2) If anyone thinks they can look at my hand by standing behind me, go ahead and try. I am sure spectators are NOT allowed at most major events and if they were, I would call a judge over if someone was right behind me close enough to see my hand :/

3) Hiding your face with glasses, hat, hood are all fair game and it is a great tactic. You can't tell me you will guess my hand more or catch my bluffs more when I wear any accessories. I think wearing accessories gives you a better ability to bluff and I obviously won't take any edge away from myself.

I don't think it matters one little bit if people wear sunglasses or not. There's no real advantage to it.

Sunglasses do tend to Reflect much like a mirror. So you could be giving your opponent your hand unknowingly if it does have a reflection to it.

I don't think it matters one little bit if people wear sunglasses or not. There's no real advantage to it.

I find they are an advantage but, it's your opinion. Sunglasses hide my eyes (especially shuttas) and it can allow me to make a non-bluff look like a bluff, thus making my non-bluff look like a bluff, giving me an advantage:cool:

Sunglasses allow for a depth of facial expressions, bluffs, fake bluffs, etc. It can give you psychological advantages that a nude face cant give you.

Reflective sunglasses and a mirror?
And a mirror? Where are they playing at, a bathroom?

I don't see how my sunglasses reflect my opponent's hand. They're facing the back of the cards. If there's a mirror behind my opponent, I don't need sunglasses to see the reflection.

Last edited:
I find they are an advantage but, it's your opinion. Sunglasses hide my eyes (especially shuttas) and it can allow me to make a non-bluff look like a bluff, thus making my non-bluff look like a bluff, giving me an advantage:cool:

Sunglasses allow for a depth of facial expressions, bluffs, fake bluffs, etc. It can give you psychological advantages that a nude face cant give you.

Everything depends on how your opponent interprets your expressions or lack of them. Wearing sunglasses can't control that, especially as sunglasses don't make anyone tell-proof.

If they do give people an advantage, it's probably because they FEEL they are somehow an unreadable pro card player and gives them confidence. It's no more or less effective than having a lucky mascot on the table as far as I'm concerned

Note: No bandits and no unabombers at worlds.
If you're looking like Kenny, you'll be asked to "unhood".

Sunglasses are one thing, but going into full cocoon mode would not be allowed.

I guess I shouldn't bring my scarf and bandana to Hawaii lol j/k

I guess I shouldn't bring my scarf and bandana to Hawaii lol j/k

I saw someone at a Battle Roads wearing a ski-mask, a skarf and a rope around his neck. But the TO allowed it because it was a regular that everyone knows and it was Halloween. To this day I still can't figure out what he was supposed to be.

And a mirror? Where are they playing at, a bathroom?

I don't see how my sunglasses reflect my opponent's hand. They're facing the backof the cards. If there's a mirror behind my opponent, I don't need sunglasses to see the reflection.

If you had read my Post clearly. I didn't say it reflects the Opponents hand, i said it reflects your own hand. Your looking at YOUR cards, the glasses can reflect what your hand is in the lens. True it will be backward, but they can still figure out what your hand is by seeing the cards reflected in the lens.

If you had read my Post clearly. I didn't say it reflects the Opponents hand, i said it reflects your own hand. Your looking at YOUR cards, the glasses can reflect what your hand is in the lens. True it will be backward, but they can still figure out what your hand is by seeing the cards reflected in the lens.
I you had read my post clearly, you would realize I wasn't even replying to you.

You're a con man's dream.

The easiest people to fool are those that are certain that they can't be fooled.

Why would you want to give Cheaters another tool?

I am rather curious why Bandits are banned but Sunglasses are legal?

so pop u can confirm this?

Yes your free to look like an idiot

I am rather curious why Bandits are banned but Sunglasses are legal?

If "Bandit" is the name of something specific product you have in mind, that's not what I meant.
I meant that covering up most of your face with a bandanna would not be allowed.
It's a mask.
Takes things to a whole 'nother level than sunglasses do. Goes toward intimidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back