Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why are sunglasses illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would someone ban something because they reflect the hand of the bearer?

If a player would hurt himself through his actions, why is he barred from doing so? It's his choice is it not?

Note: No bandits and no unabombers at worlds.
If you're looking like Kenny, you'll be asked to "unhood".

Sunglasses are one thing, but going into full cocoon mode would not be allowed.

Is there a rule that states no wearing hoods? It isn't intimidating, so I'm curious what it would fall under.

Is there a rule that states no wearing hoods? It isn't intimidating, so I'm curious what it would fall under.

Not intimidating? Well not for you and me maybe, but given the fact that a lot of street crooks take to wearing hoods, I can imagine that especially for the younger kids hoods can in fact be pretty intimidating.
I know at least one kid who won't talk to me if I wear a hoodie.

You can't were glasses because the judges cannot see your eye movement and you can therefore recieve signals from someone in the crowd.

BergyBoy has a point. But wouldn't judges realize something was up when a spectator was making odd signals? Either way, I have no problem with sunglasses. If you want to show your opponent your hand then go ahead.

Wasn't there a recent discussion about this? They are legal, PokePop said so. End of story.

Note: I'm speaking for my events, including Masters at Worlds.

I cannot speak for Head Judges at other events.
They can interpret the Spirit of the Game rules differently than I do.
That does not make them wrong.

Sunglasses can be part of a person's "look." I always like to wear a hat to a tournament because I like to; maybe that's why some people wear sunglasses. I've also seen some people wear sunglasses for league, prereleases, fun tournaments, etc.

Is there a rule stating that a player can ask his/her opponent to remove his/her sunglasses if there seems to be a problem?

Halloween is definitely an exception.
I remember reading somewhere that one guy dressed up as Darth Vader to go to an Arceus prerelease on Halloween. I wore a skeleton mask to one Battle Roads in late October, but was asked to take it off.

Wasn't this topic made before? And wasn't it made a point that people with hay fever need to wear sunglasses indoors? Also people can have chronic migranes as well. So there are practical reason as to why you'd wear sunglasses inside.

If "Bandit" is the name of something specific product you have in mind, that's not what I meant.
I meant that covering up most of your face with a bandanna would not be allowed.
It's a mask.
Takes things to a whole 'nother level than sunglasses do. Goes toward intimidation.

My bad Pop my spelling is bad. I don't get how Bandannas are any more intimidating than sunglasses?

My bad Pop my spelling is bad. I don't get how Bandannas are any more intimidating than sunglasses?

It's a matter of how much of the face/head is covered and what the overall impact on the event/match is.

Late one night a friend and I were walking around the great City of Ames, it was past midnight and we saw a McDonalds, they were obivously closed but there drive through was open. We figured we would grab a shake or something and continue our walk. So we walked up and ordered on the board we walked up to the drive through and they refused to give us our food. Apparently we had to have a vechicle to use the drive through, now since neither of us wanted to walk several miles to get one our cars and than drive back. We started asking question as to what constiuted a vechicle after about 10 mins, we had the guy talked down to "at least one wheel which we were able to propel forward." I know kind of little side story but the moral is people are going to keep pushing this envelope. I would hope POP would think about taking a stronger stance on this perhaps, "Things that are not requried to play the game and do not fall under the catagory of normal clothing" If I am allowed to wear sunglasses, can I wear the funny looking classes that have the big nose and bushy eyebrows?

Ok mr.Sebett ill do that when i have a min its not like with that post you could have just anwsered my Q :/ but i mean come on it must be all in a days work for you huh?

Ok mr.Sebett ill do that when i have a min its not like with that post you could have just anwsered my Q :/ but i mean come on it must be all in a days work for you huh?
Yes I could've just told you the answer, but give a man a fish...also you seem to be having this problem with reading, I mean you couldn't even spell my name right and it's on the same page. Sounds like you should probably do more reading than less in your situation.

Haha ok bud sorry im on an iphone and spell check auto'd it, what ever you sound like a tool. No need to get info from you.

Haha ok bud sorry im on an iphone and spell check auto'd it, what ever you sound like a tool. No need to get info from you.
So you're saying it's more difficult for you to type via your iphone, but you read it just fine? Hmm, that's three posts you've made now? This is faster than reading it yourself on the previous page how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back