Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2011 - San Diego, CA USA

Catalina Island would be pretty sweet. They have a huge arena-looking thing, it isn't that expensive to travel/stay there, and it isn't a volcano. yayyyy

TheGeneral: same here. even if i dont get an invite or grind in at least ill get to go probably!

*hopes for San Diego to be confirmed by someone reliable*

I think if they decide to just do it in California or Hawaii every year, there is going to be a smaller turnout every year. That's my honest opinion. They are really cutting off the east coast players by making it at either 1) hawaii, where most people can't afford to go to, or 2) the opposite side of the nation, where most east coasters cannot drive to.

The Florida-California-Hawaii rotation was very fair to all players (mid-nation guys get Nationals now) and gave all players a chance to attend Worlds.

I guess I fall back onto my last comment on this thread. Nationals is such much more fun of an event. You can actually speak the same language as most of the people there, you get more days, can actually participate in the tournament without an invite, and see all of your friends not just those who got an invite. So, I am not totally destroyed if Florida loses out on Worlds in the future, but I do think it's a bad decision.

Worlds 2011 are in San Diego. That's a confirmed information.

^Which type of information?=O

That is a rumor, in addition to several other locations. Until we have confirmation from PCI, San Diego remains unconfirmed.

If it is in San Diego, then I am the happiest boy alive lykezOMG!!!11!

TheGeneral: same here. even if i dont get an invite or grind in at least ill get to go probably!

*hopes for San Diego to be confirmed by someone reliable*

San Diego is a nice location, but after two straight years in the Pacific theater, the Atlantic theater deserves a chance to host the world's finalists.

It will defiantly hurt the game if it stays on the west coast. It would cut down on the number of events my family attends if worlds is not on the east coast.

Four more hours and the Invitees will start getting their Welcome Kits. It will be interesting to see if they also officially annouce where World's 2012 is going to be (It's already booked).

I'm sure it is San Diego next year. However if what you are saying is true then the info I got about 2012 being back in Hawaii is most likely true then.

Drew

All these people complaining about it not being in the East coast keep in mind that the Japanese always have to fly to worlds. Its a 11 hour flight to the west coast.... I couldnt imagine sitting in a plane all the way to the east coast..

All these people complaining about it not being in the East coast keep in mind that the Japanese always have to fly to worlds. Its a 11 hour flight to the west coast.... I couldnt imagine sitting in a plane all the way to the east coast..

European players also fly. A plane trip from Europe to California is atleast fifteen hours, probably more.

What about Europeons though? The only way you can get near a system that's fair for everyone is to rotate it between the East and West Coast, or even continents. I'd like to see it in Japan (especially considering they invented Pokemon ) or Europe for once.

Back