Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prague European Cup 2nd Place Masters Report + List

Darkmot

On Friday me, my brother, my father and a friend prepair shortly after school to drive to Pague for the Prague European Cup.
Unfortunatly Stefan, my friend, comes a little bit late and we leave Vienna at about quarter past four.
We drove 4 hours to prague and then searched the Hotel Duo for about another half of an hour.
The Hotel was very big and really cool, so we just put our things into our rooms and then went quickly to the registration, because we had just one hour left, until it would have been closed.
But fortunatly most of the players, who arrived today; have already registrated.
So we get for this early registration a Rayquaza Box and one Booster.
I got an Arceus booster and got Tangrowth LV.X and G Arceus out of it, so the weekend doesn't start bad. ^^
After meeting many other players and especially the swiss and german players and playtesting a little bit, we went sleeping, looking foward to a great day 1 of the event.

On the next day we quickly went to eat something for breakfast and then went to the tournament hall.
(stupid eggs, they were not good and i felt bad after eating them -.-)
So the Judges and the Organizer told us about the rules and about all the needed thoings to start, etc. and finally after some checking of all the players they called the first round.

Round 1 Vs. Michael Podogga (Germany) with Gyarados/Gigas (the new GG xD)

I have a decent start with Sableye and Honchkrow G and go first, so I go for Collector to get my 2 Garchomps and a Uxie.
He gets a Gyarados doing 60 damage running in his T1, so this game is going to be interesting.
He kills my Sableye and I set up with my Uxie and get !!!3 DCE!!! (great). He can't kill my active Honchkrow G, that got me 2 Sprays, and does 60 to it.
I can't go for the lock, so I just try it with a Cyrus' Initiative and roll my dice and baaaaaaammmm 2 Tails!!!!!!!!
I DoubleBat and dragon rush his benched Gigas with a DCE on it, already seting up Big Daddy Krow to kill his Gyarados.
He gets the third Magikarp into his discardpile, but is not able to get an expert belt, with a hand with about 20 cards.
I drop Chatot to prevent him from getting the Expert Belt and do 30 to Gyarados and attach a DCE to Big Daddy.
He isn't able to kill me another time, so I just retreat and kill his Gyarados.
In the last turns he doesn't get out anything big, so I just do some dragon rushs for GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Martin with Gardevoir/Octillery (lol)

This was my only easy oppenent in this tournament, because he played, because his son played at the tournament, so he was a newbie.
He is not able to Set up anything in his turn 1 to my Sableye, so to be sure I impersonat for a Cyrus' Initiative and roll baaaammmm 2 Tails again!!!!!! -.-
Fortunatly he says, that I don't have to worry, because he is just a newbie, so I will easily win. Ok?! xD
Yeah I set up Uxie LV.X and kill all his Pokemon with it for fun.
He eventually got 1 Octillery going, but flipped just 1 Heads, so no KO.

2-0

Round 3 Vs. ??? (sry forgot your name, because I've lost my notice sheet -.-) with Machamp

Ughhh Machamp, I hate it to play against it and with out getting Honchkrow into play this Matchup is pretty much impossible for me.
So he gets T1 Machamp going and it really looks bad for me.
I have no supporter, but get Honchkrow into play.
He took 4 Prizes while I took only one.
He got 4 Poke Drawer in one turn, so I thought that I will loose, but after that I get Honchkrow with all energies into play and recognize, that he has only 3 Cards in Hand, so I try it again and go for Cyrus' Initiative and roll baaaammmm 2 Tails!!!!! this card was not made for me -.-
Fortunatly his 3 cards were crap, so I drop Chatot G and take all my remainig Prizes with Big Daddy.
But he was able to kill Big Daddy and had a belted Machamp with 110 damage on it in game, so I dragon rushed at this time for GG.

3-0

Round 4 Vs. Tobias Thesing (Germany) with DialgaChomp

We get both a decent start, but I am not able to drop a Uxie and to get Big Daddy into game, but I get some revenge hits.
Once during the game I try to lock him with Cyrus' Initiative, but I got two Tails!!!! again. -.-
We are playing really long and when time-out is called we both have 3 Prizes remaining.
In our extra turns, we are able to get it down to 2 prizes for each of us, but still can't win.
Then I Judge and we both get crap, so we have to topdeck.
I need just ine energy to win and he needs his last DCE to win.
Unfortunatly he has Uxie LV.X and Smeargle in play, so he gets the DCE after 4 Turns and wins.
GG, this was the best game in the whole tournament.

3-1

Round 5 Vs. Sascha Giger (Swiss) with LuxChomp

He has a good start with Call Energy and Collector and gets everything out T1, but when he played Uxie he just got crap, so I can set up a Dragonite FB very fast and play Chatot G to lock him.
I draw 3 Prizes and think, that at this point a Initiative is needed, so I play it and roll my dice baaaammmm 2 Tails!!!! -.- now that's the 5th time doubletails -.-
Forunatly he didn't get anything and I am able to draw my last prizes to 6-0 him.
GG, but not really a good, because especially against you I expected something else -.-

4-1

Now I have to say, that at this time I was very sleepy, but don't know why I was so sleepy, so my next two games are going to include some Misplays. xD

Round 6 Vs. Florent Planard (France=) with LuxChomp

I draw my 7 cards and have no cards and shuffle it back, but unfortunatly forgot to show them to my oppenent. *facepalm*
He calls a Judge and the judge says, that he can take a prize.
So I go first and set something up.
He gets his second Prize with Dragonite I think.
I have to get a collector with Cyrus' Conspiracy to set up my Chomps.
he gets a 3 prize lead and I think, that that would be the game, but I get out all my revenge hitters and am able to get all his E-gains into his discard pile, so I can make aq comeback and we get down to 1-1 and time is called, so I have the first extra turn with Crobat G active and Dragonite with DCE benched.
he plays Luxray GL active attaches 1 Energy and a E-gain to it, but doesn't recognize, that I locked his topdeck and so he attacks for 60 with Bite.
I am like "Yess!" retreat attach an Energy to Dragonite and Match Blow for GG.

5-1

So I want to go for 6-1, but the good thing is that I don't have to win this game, because I am already in finals.

Round 7 Vs. Rusian Hlovyah (Tschech Republic) with LuxChomp

I start pretty good and get a decent prize lead.
BUT in the middle pof the game I fail a Collector and can't attack for 2 Turns, so he can get a prize lead.
I get the game down to 1-1, but misplay again, so he can win. -.- Just because of this stupid misplays, this game would have been so easy to win. -.-

5-2

Fortunatly this loss in the 7th round got me some cool oppenents in the finals.

TOP 16 Vs. ??? (sry forgot your name too -.-) with DialgaChomp

Game 1:
I get out very fast and set up 2 Chomps Dragonite and Honchkrow, but still have no Energies, so he can set up pretty good too.
Then I Judge to get a Energy and get Uxie for 6 afterwards and fortunatly he got just crap.
I am able to kill everything with Honchkrow, but at some time he topdecks a Cyrus' Conspiracy and tries to get a comeback, but he is just able to draw 3 prizes until I dragon rush FTW.
GG

Game 2:
I get pretty much the same start as last game, but this time with some Energies, so I overrun him and then I recognize that he has only 3 cards in hand, after I sprayed his Uxies, so I go for Initiative and finally got 1 Heads!!!!^^
Then I droped Chatot G and in his turn he scooped.

GGs

TOP 8 Vs. Michael Podogga with GG

Game 1:
I start with Honchkrow and 2 SPs so I go for 2 Spray and spray his Mesprit and Regice, but he gets Uxie and starts setting up a Gyarados with 2 Magikarps in discard pile.
At this time I already got 2 Prizes and set up Honchkrow.
I turn my active Chomp and kill his Gyarados with Honchkrow.
Unfortunatly he gets out Gigas LV.X, but has to kill one of his Pokemon with its Power to fully set it up.
He draws his 2nd prize.
I play a Chomp LV.X again and have 2 DCE 2 SP Radar and 2 E-gain in hand to do the Doublerush with my 2 Chomps in play for GG.
He is able to get a 3 rd prize, but I doublerushed FTW.

Game 2:
I start with Sableye and unown Q and topdeck Crobat G.
I collector for Promocroak and Uxie and Garchomp, because I know, that he would KO my Sableye, because he startet with 2 Sableye, so he could set up with out problems.
In his turn he attaches expert Belt o_O to Sableye and a Darkness Basic (his only one in the deck) and kills my Sableye. I kill his Sableye with Promocroak and Crobat drop and set up my 2 Chomps and use Azelf to get Murkrow out of the prizes.
He gets Gyarados with 2 Magikarp in the Discardpile running and starts hitting me, but his belted Sableye gave me a good prizelead.
Then I play a Judge and go for Impersonate and search for Initiative and two dice rolls later DOUBLE TAILS!!!!! this is the 6th one in the whole tournament -.-
Fortunatly he draws attacks and passes.
At this time he has 4 prizes remaining and I had only 3 prizes remaining.
In my turn I drop Chatot G and dragon rush for my 4th prize.
Then he scooped.

GGs

So Iam Top4 Yay!!!! My oppenent is the oppenent I expected to face in top4 and he is a great player and this was my first "real" game ever against him.

TOP 4 Vs. Marc Lutz (Germany) with LuxChomp

MathAenya wrote a Matchreview about this match: http://www.pokeworld.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=926

Game 1:
I start with Sableye and set up.
he has fortunatly no supporters and attaches call to his lone Azelf to get a Chomp and a Luxray.
I get Honchkrow G and set Up 3 SP and get some Sprays.
When Marc got his first Powers he had no chance to use them, so I get a decent prize lead until he KOs something with his Luxray and I can revenge kill it with Toxicroak G.
He had 4 cards in his hand when I played my Cyrus' Initiative to stop him making a comeback.
2 dice rolls later I feel frustrated, because I got DOUBLETAILS!!!!!!! again. -.-
Fortunatly his hand was not good enough to make a comeback, so I drop Chatot G in my next turn and then he scoops.

Game 2:
he gets a good start and does his things, but I got a good start too and get out all my Pokemons to counter him in T2.
My first prizes got me Dragonite, but he play his Drifblim active, so I couldn't kill it.
Now I had to go for Garchomp and Dragon Rush and our revenge killing starts.
To his bad this gets me into a 2 prize lead, only having 2 prizes remaining, so I can win easy, by just countering his last Pokemons.

GGs

Yay, can't be better I made Top2 and that is great.

TOP 2 Vs. Michal (Tschech Pro) with Machamp with Umbreon and Ditto Techs

These Matches were featured matches, so you can watch them on Youtube when they get uploaded.
Mathaenya made a Mtachreview of it too: http://www.pokeworld.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=926

Game 1:
I start with Sableye, Unown and a SP dDark to his lone Unown Q.
Donk.

Game 2:
He gets out a Machamp T1 and gets 4 quick prizes until I get out my Honchkrow and I try to make a comeback, but he !!!!!topdecked all the needed cards every turn!!!!! so I loose with I think 1 or 2 prizes left.

Game 3:
I get a really good start with 2 Chomp and sableye, but I notized, that my only way to win was prized:
Murkrow!!!!
And as bad as my luck was Azelf was prized too!!!!
So I go for 4 quick prizes to get the needed Azelf or Murkrow FTW, but unfortunatly I didn't get them.
With out Honchlrow I was not able to win, because he was faster than me and had 1 prize left when I had the chance to draw my 5th prize to get one of them, so I try to get some time and he topdecks something like Warp Point FTW.
Ohhh if I would have got either Murkrow or Azelf out of my prizes I would have won -.-
So no 340 euros for me -.-
And a very frustrating last match.

GGs

So i got 2nd, not too bad and still great^^
I am happy about that. :D

Here is my List for all those who didn't know it until now:

POKEMON (21)
4 Sableye
2 Uxie
1 Uxie LV.X
2 Garchomp C
2 Garchomp C LV.X
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf
1 Murkrow
1 Honchkrow !!!I love this card!!! Big daddy you're the game!
1 Honchkrow G
1 Toxicroak G PR
2 Crobat G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Chatot G

TRAINERS (28)
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
2 Cyrus' Initiativen <--- !!!7 DOUBLETAILS!!! -.-
2 Pokemon Collector
1 Bebe's Search
2 Judge
3 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
4 Poke Turn
3 SP Radar
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Luxury Ball
1 VS Seeker

ENERGY (11)
4 Darkness SP
4 Double Colorless
2 Darkness
1 Psychic

Props:
Miguel Garcia
Sascha Giger
Sven
patrick Landis
Marc Lutz
Michael Podogga
Stefan Weber
Samuel Zettinig
Basti
Flo
(say if I forgot someone)
This Machamp Guy, who wanted a autograph on his Big Daddy Krow ;D
Seblelock
BIG DADDY KROW!!!!
going 2nd

Slops:
Machamp
Michal (I don't like you, sry o_O)
Azelf Fail in Finals -.-
7th Round

Hope that you enjoyed my Report.
Filipp.

Last edited:
Great Job, getting too many double tails made me give up the deck but I'm glad you made it work.

Thank you.
But the DT are not a big problem, they will just get a problem if you don't set up at the same time. ;D
-Filipp.

@Basti: Failipp is just possible with 1 L not with two, so guess it is right if you write: Failipp.
Sure why didn't you say that you want to play against me *facepalm*
@ATJ: If the Azelf and Murkrow wasn't prized I would've stopped him =/
-Filipp.

great report! even with all those double tails you managed to pull through most of your games :) sorry to hear about the prizes, but 2nd's still pretty boss. nice job again!

Congratulations for your second place !
Try to not remain so sour about your prizes in the last game : luck comes around and goes around, there's nothing you could have done about it.

Btw, I think you might want to change the name of your team. "Noob" doesn't seem so appropriate, "baaaaaaammmm 2 Tails!!!!!!!!" would be better :D

Thank you^^
Sure, but in finals its hard to not remain so about it afterwards, because sure you are sad, but anyways I am happy about 2nd.
I didn't even think, that I will make Top2, because I thought that Marc was going to beat me xD

Yeah would be better ;D xDDDDDDD
-Filipp.

Back