Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I need help

Heh...don't we all (who don't run luxchomp, that is...)
The decks that match up well right now are trainer lock (usually vilegar) and Machamp SF. So yeah. You might have figured that one out on your own. I doubt that anyone who has a better idea will post because if you have said idea, you'd want to keep it a secret.

4 Spiritomb AR, 4 judge, 4-3-3-1 Machamp SF, badda-bing. Trainer lock early so they slow down, evolve into Machamp, then judge away their hand and use Take Out while they attempt to recover.

would this deck work?????

2 gastly sf
2 gastly triumphant
4 haunter sf
2 gengar sf
1 gengar lvx ar
1 gengar prime triumphant
1 mew prime triumphant
1 jirachi rr
1 azelf la
2 uxie la
3 spiritomb ar
2 oddish ud
2 gloom ud
2 vileplume ud
2 unown q md
1 ditto triumphant

31 pokemon total

supporters and trainers

2 lookers investigations
2 broken time space
3 twins
3 copy cats
2 pokemon collectors
1 flower shop ladys
3 rare candy
1 luxuary ball

18 total

energies

3 warp
4 rainbow
4 psychic

11 total

60 cards

the stragety is to let opponent knock out a pokemon and use twins to get gastly and rare candy and then use jirachi rr to copy twins ability and get gengar prime and another twins and the do the same thing next turn for oddish rarecandy and then use jirachi again and get vileplume ud and another twins and use gengar prime to put thier cards in to the lost zone and use thier attacks with mew prime

You don't want to let them knock out your pokemon early your idea is to shakey.
Also no bebes search and 31 pokemon is way to much.

LuxChomp is a good deck, and one of the reasons that it is so good is its ability to adapt to different situations. In other words, there is no single deck that can beat LuxChomp 100% of the time. However, I will list a few things that tend to hinder it.

Trainer Locking (Spiritomb or Vileplume): LuxChomp needs to rely on Poketurns, SP Radars, Energy Gains, and possibly Energy Exchangers to keep up speed and to stay on top. Denying LuxChomp these cards will definitely slow them down.

Hand Disruption (Judge, Giratina, and maybe Cyrus's Initiative):
LuxChomp will generally have a hand that is planned for the next few turns. It might have a DCE for Garchomp to Dragon Rush next turn, a Poketurn to return that Garchomp and an SP Radar to get the now-needed Luxray GL Lv. X for two turns from now, and a Power Spray to stop you from using a Poke-Power. Giving them a small hand (Judge or Giratina) or removing vital cards (Cyrus's Initiative) will mess up their strategy, or take away a vital play that they would need, thus giving you an advantage.

Machamp: This guy is capable of taking down any main attacker for just one Fighting Energy. LuxChomp probably won't keep up with multiple Machamps. If you manage to get 3 Machamps up, LuxChomp has basically lost. However, Power Sprays and Zen Blades with Lucario GL in play will hinder you.

Mewtwo Lv. X: If LuxChomp runs no Mewtwo counter, then you have a solid wall that LuxChomp cannot take down. Thus, you have won. However, even if LuxChomp runs a Mewtwo counter, they might have a bit of trouble getting it out, so you have the opportunity to get a lead.

hey cheeto (or joe) your deck is good but not to make it bad (this is pokegym and that would be wrong) but you know if u take out the gastly SF for 2 rescue enery, if you gengars get out its preaty much a lost cause (you could just forfit if this happens) and mabbe 1 more rare candy (its up to you what to switch with)

Personally, i think a straight vilegar deck looks so much better than a mixed one. Also, drop the ditto. Its totally pointless, your opponent will just discard either a useless uxie or azelf and snipe it for a free prize.

Drop the jirachi and 1 candy. Your best bet against luxchomp is to lock all his trainers from the start with a spiritomb lead and setting up vileplume fast. If so, there is totally no chance for either players to use trainers. So 1 lux ball and 2 candies would suffice for the sad situation where your vileplume gets sniped somehow...

Otherwise, your decklist looks alright lol.

O, and palmers>fsl for your case, since u run a 4-3-3 gengar line, you can rescue 1-2-2 from your discard, effectively giving you 5 gengars instead of 4 with fsl.

what

hey cheeto (or joe) your deck is good but not to make it bad (this is pokegym and that would be wrong) but you know if u take out the gastly SF for 2 rescue enery, if you gengars get out its preaty much a lost cause (you could just forfit if this happens) and mabbe 1 more rare candy (its up to you what to switch with)

for one luckybucketo i have both trainers trainer locked and another thing who cares if they knock out jirachi because when they do i can basicaly play my entire setup within three turns with this deck i have beaten luxchomp 6 times since i posted the thread

First of all, congrats on beating LuxChomp.

I'd like to point out that three turns is fast, but that can also mean a lot. There are some decks that can destroy your setup in three turns if they do it properly.

Also, while Jirachi does help you set up, I think that you would be better off dropping it for another Spiritomb. Trainerlocking your opponent from the start, to me, is more important than using extra Supporters and getting a single card when it dies. If you're facing LuxChomp, they might Bright Look and damage a Gengar rather than taking the cheap prize off Jirachi.

Back