Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Splitting a box, need help deciding which set

Pokedude1013

So my friend and I are deciding to purchase our first box of cards and we are currently split between two sets. One of us wants Base Set Heart Gold Soul Silver and the other wants Triumphant. Which box should we get?

Thanks

if you're wanting to build a deck and need some staples/DCE, then i'd go for hgss base. but triumphant has really cool legends and primes and good trainers too. i would personally pick triumphant, but it depends on your situation

I have half a box of sealed hgss :pPPP

Im not opening it, because there is not that much i need.

I would go with triumphant without a doubt.

Newer sets also tend to trade slightly better since people still need cards from them. HGSS still has quite a few tradable cards though. DCE is always valueble, as is pokemon collector. Triumphant as a whole though seems like a much better set, and I would rather pull just about any rare out of TRI instead of the Azumarill/Hitmontop/others from HGSS.

Triumphant seems like the way to go. 3/5 of the trainers are valued highly, most of the primes are good, and due to cities being far off you don't have to worry about certain cards not living up to their hype. Gengar prime will actually appreciate so long as lost zone comes out in the forseeable future.

Go with Triumphant since a lot of the cards are really good. This is the best set in the HGSS block in my opinion. It has great Suppoters/ Trainers and some of the best Primes. HGSS is a good set too, but only because it has like 3 or 4 cards that are deck staples.

plus the hgss boxes normally have around 6 primes and 2 legends out of three boxes that roughly what my friend and i pulled

Triumphant! I have so many communication/collector I will trade you w.e you need for triumphant stuff. Seriously I have like at least 7 communication, 5 collector, and 7 oaks not being used. Those are really the 3 main cards you really need, that's about it. DCE you can order cheap online if you are willing to settle w/the old ones. The only prime that is actually worth a considerable amount is donphan, the rest aren't very good at all (in terms of top tier). Buy a triumphant box :)

Back