Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help Making an Unlimited Deck

WaterPipe

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place D:

As the title suggest, I need help making an unlimited deck for a tournament that's going to be hosted this coming Wednesday. Currently, I'm having no luck with ideas, so any help would be greatly appreciated. As far as I know, many players will be playing Fossil Aerodactyl/Machamp SF and/or Omanyte/Kabutops.

As for cards, I don't own very many and I'm strapped for money but I have friends who will let me borrow :>.

Please help.

EDIT: Sp's are not allowed as I was just reminded/informed. I'm sorry!

Last edited:
4-4 Slowking Neo Genesis(prob HSUD Slowpoke)
4 Crobat G
1 Jolteon *
1 Spiritomb LA
4 Zapdos LA
4 Uxie

4 Erika
4 SSU
4 Poketurn
4 Pokedex
4 Scoop up
4 Itemfinder
4 Pokemon Trader
4 Pokemon Communication
4 unlimited card(Oak maybe)
2 Mr. Briney

When thinking of decks, consider the following question: Does it win on the first turn?
If the answer is no, you should probably keep looking.
Here are some ideas.
Blastoise ex, Espeon AQ, Forretress (the new one). Get this out on the first turn, and then using either Pokemon Center or Golduck/Alakazam to heal damage from your side of the field, deal infinite damage to all of your opponents' Pokemon.

Aggron ex, Aerodactyl Fossil, Dark Vileplume. With this set-up on turn 1, your opponent cannot play trainers/supporters/stadiums, attack, evolve, or use Powers or Bodies. All he can do is attach energy pass. Then you KO everything with Aggron ex. If you're worried about Cyclone Energy (the only currently existent card that breaks the lock, play 2 Aggron ex.

Crobat G + PokeTurn + Scoop Up + Mr. Fuji + etc. I tested this deck a couple years ago. You pretty consistently can place 35 or so damage counters on the first turn.

Of course all of these rely on being able to play trainers.

Witty, with that setup, if you can play trainers, you should win, so rather than playing Slowking, just cut to the chase and win. Also, you don't need more than 1 or 2 of each basic, because there's not bench space for them anyway and you can reuse them when you pick them up. Also, 4 Prof Oak, 4 Erika, 4 Computer Search. And cut the Traders and Communications in favor of something that just gets basics like Dual Ball. Or better. Just straight draw.

dialga GX and fossil Muk, No Pokemon Powers ( so no powers/ bodys) and Deafen lock FTW in a Trainer heay format, go off turn 1 and win Expert belt to make sure you deal some good dmg. Curse Stone and Desert Ruis kill off there Bats, Jolt* and Uxies for more prizes. Dont play uxie yourself good sir lol.

There's no Zapdos in Legends Awakened.

Also, how does that Omanyte/Kabutops deck work, WaterPipe?

I forget what Omanyte/Kabutops the deck uses but the idea behind it is to have Omanyte devolve the opponents pokemon and then use Kabutops to keep them from playing basics/evolutions. It's a fast deck, they could have Omanyte/Kabutops t2/t3 due to their fossils effect (the one where you attach an energy and search for an evolution to evolve to according to the type of energy).

ALSO, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT SP'S ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS TOURNAMENT. SORRY, MY FRIEND HAD REMINDED ME.

---------- Post added 11/08/2010 at 11:06 AM ----------

When thinking of decks, consider the following question: Does it win on the first turn?
If the answer is no, you should probably keep looking.
Here are some ideas.
Blastoise ex, Espeon AQ, Forretress (the new one). Get this out on the first turn, and then using either Pokemon Center or Golduck/Alakazam to heal damage from your side of the field, deal infinite damage to all of your opponents' Pokemon.

Aggron ex, Aerodactyl Fossil, Dark Vileplume. With this set-up on turn 1, your opponent cannot play trainers/supporters/stadiums, attack, evolve, or use Powers or Bodies. All he can do is attach energy pass. Then you KO everything with Aggron ex. If you're worried about Cyclone Energy (the only currently existent card that breaks the lock, play 2 Aggron ex.

Crobat G + PokeTurn + Scoop Up + Mr. Fuji + etc. I tested this deck a couple years ago. You pretty consistently can place 35 or so damage counters on the first turn.

Of course all of these rely on being able to play trainers.

Witty, with that setup, if you can play trainers, you should win, so rather than playing Slowking, just cut to the chase and win. Also, you don't need more than 1 or 2 of each basic, because there's not bench space for them anyway and you can reuse them when you pick them up. Also, 4 Prof Oak, 4 Erika, 4 Computer Search. And cut the Traders and Communications in favor of something that just gets basics like Dual Ball. Or better. Just straight draw.

Oh wow, thank you so much for the ideas! I really like the Blastoise Ex and the Aggron Ex ideas. If I can get my hands on the cards, I will definitely play one of those! :>
Thank you once again >w<

You need to either win on the first turn or run Muk ex. Try running Muk ex. You'll probably win. Easily.

4-4 Muk ex with Ascension Grimer
Lots of good T/S/S

And you win. Have fun.

FYI, the way I would run either the Blastoise ex or Aggron ex deck is to play exactly one copy of each Pokemon you need for your setup, so that you can maximize draw and search trainers. Run 2 Azelf and a couple Scoop Up to guarantee you get everything out.

A rough list, that I tried a few games with and got everything out 5/5 test games turn 1, often by drawing the whole deck. Far from a perfect list, but the top half of the Trainer section at least gives somewhat of a checklist of Unlimited trainers you should consider, if you're not very familiar. This list is assuming Bill is retroactively a supporter :(
It also is clearly focused on consistency and ignores any other potential aspects of the game. But, if your opponent doesn't stop you playing trainers or using Powers, you win.

Pokemon: 18
1 Abra
1 Kadabra
1 Alakazam
1 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
1 Blastoise ex
1 Eevee
1 Espeon
1 Pineco
1 Forretress
1 Wooper
1 Quagsire
2 Azelf
4 Gastly SF (start with Pitch Dark)

Trainers: 40
4 Professor Oak
4 Computer Search
4 Erika
4 Item Finder
2 Junk Arm
4 Misty's Wrath

4 Broken Time Space
4 Poke Drawer +
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokedex Handy 910is
1 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Retriever
2 Scoop Up

Energy: 2
2 Water Energy

EDIT: The Aggron ex list would be similar, except swap the Pokemon out for 2-2-2 Aggron ex, 1-1 Aerodactyl, 1-1-1 Dark Vileplume, and 1 Unown Z. You'd also need to find room for energy to attack with, and this one is trickier to set up because not only do you need to retain energy in your hand, but you have to get out Dark Vileplume after everything else, because once you get it out you can't play Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums. I recommend the PK Aron and a Memory Berry because PK Aron gets Energy from the discard, so you don't have to worry about holding onto any. Just play 1-2 Metal, 1-2 DCE.

Last edited:
Back