Monday December 27 - Burlington
Tuesday December 28 - Grimsby
Wednesday December 29 - Brampton
Thursday December 30 - Oakville
Friday December 31 - Mississauga
Saturday January 1 - Oshawa

The Conclusion

Sunday January 2 - Kingston

Please visit www.Pokemon.com and www.SkyFoxGames.com for complete details.

Good Job and Good Luck Guys......It has worked well in GEORGIA.....!!!

See You Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy:biggrin::thumb:

Thanks for posting this up Paul :)

I have already heard some debate over some Western US players and even a player from London...England coming XD

Sebastian

I have been involved for 5 and a half years. Each one of these tournaments is taking place at a location where one or more people have worked very hard to establish a relationship with the store, it's owner, and with local players, by running a league every week and organizing Premiere Events (PreReleases, Battle Roads, City Championships). You decided that the location we used in Toronto last year was too small. How much work have you done in the last year to find a new location, establish a league, develop a relationship with the store owner, recruit new players, teach them to build decks and play, spend time talking to their parents, provide them with cards from your own collection, and do all of that on a weekly basis, 52 weeks a year? Being involved with the Pokemon TCG is a lot of fun and has more rewards than I can mention, but it does not "just happen".

Not catering to Toronto
boy thats not new news

Following Paul's reply, there is nowhere in Toronto that wouldn't turn away any extra players (none of our current venues anyways). All (or at least most) of the cities locations I've been to, and have sufficient space for the people that arrive.

Last edited:
Bump for the sake of this thread not getting buried lol

Everyone should go to this, get a "freebie" invite to Worlds if you do well :)

Never said it wasn't part of an invite. Just saying, you won't be able to win a bunch of cities and sit till worlds ;p

btw, how are you going to win multiple nats and regionals? ;p

Never said it wasn't part of an invite. Just saying, you won't be able to win a bunch of cities and sit till worlds ;p

btw, how are you going to win multiple nats and regionals? ;p

Winning multiple nats and regioanls is a secret, one that I can't tell...lol

It is possible to win 14 CCs and get an invite, that is an extreme case though lol

Smack is right about premeir rating. I went 11-1 winning regionals, and 8-3 getting into the top 32 for
US nats last year, and didn't get an invite. (Because I didn't really start playing last year until regionals.)

Look at it this way, Each cities is worth 16 kvalue, states, regionals and nats are all worth 32. Even if
you got to a moderate amount, say, 6, look at the results:

(Battle Roads - 4 kvalue - 6 tournaments - 24 K value overal)
Cities - 16 k value - 6 touranments - *96 K value overall
Sates - 32 k value - 2 possible to attend - 64 K value overall
Regionals - 32 k value - 1 possible to attend - 32 K value overall
Nats - 32 k value - 1 possible to attend - 32 K value overall

OK, so that's the oversimplified version, but I stand by the principle. Cities are the most influential part
of the season when it comes to premeir rating.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

You're missreading my point. I was just saying you "can't" earn an invite from only cities, or cities + fall Brs

You're missreading my point. I was just saying you "can't" earn an invite from only cities, or cities + fall Brs

Actually, I think you could if you had a disgustingly sick BR season (40+ wins, 0-2 losses) and a broke CC season (40-50+ wins, 0-4 losses).

40x 5 to be extremly fair, = 200 = CC points at a low rate (battling people way under your rating)
40x 2 is accurate for BRs, = 80 = BR points semi accurately

200+ 80 + 1600 = 1880, a secure invite.

It is extremely hard, not impossible.

6 rds + top 8 per CC = 8 rds total per CC

8 rds x 7 CCs = 56 possible rounds

Break 40 straight wins out of that and you can get an invite (50-6 is a ballpark number). This doesn't include the other CCs we have in Ontario that will boost your ranking.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the "marathon" just what you're calling the Ontario CC's, or is it a different thing?
Also, if the problem with having tournaments in Toronto is space (which I understand, all the stores are tiny), then would it be possible to have them somewhere other than a store? I know a store is ideal, but places like libraries have rooms and auditoriums available too.

Why isnt there one in Toronto?
Last time I checked Card Masters has quite a bit of seating and its in toronto unlike the rest.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the "marathon" just what you're calling the Ontario CC's, or is it a different thing?
Also, if the problem with having tournaments in Toronto is space (which I understand, all the stores are tiny), then would it be possible to have them somewhere other than a store? I know a store is ideal, but places like libraries have rooms and auditoriums available too.

A marathon is a large chain of CCs (7 in a row is quite a bit).

@ Gengar: Card Masters has lost it's back room and now it is a tiny store.

Back