Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

good animes to watch

Pilot Candidate... really wish it were finished in anime, but I still watch what they did make over and over.

im watching the regular one first^^ And nothing beats this chimera doctor guy whose name i cant remember, that guy is icky
You mean Tucker? And brotherhood goes darker by far than the first, imo.

^Not counting the one episode in the original with the butcher that they didn't show on TV. It's on the DVD, and very disturbing. o_O

If anyone is looking for an unbelievable cute series, Bottle Fairy in amazing. The plot doesn't matter, the VA's don't matter, because they are SO. TERRIBLY. ADORABLE.

I honestly think that the episode whre tucker turned his daughter into a chimera and her rather icky death were more disturbing thent he butcher.

Just watched the 38th episode, wtf O_O

SPOILER

Did I get this right? Sloth is the homunculus that was created when they tried to ressurect their mother?

SPOILER END

If you're in the over 18 /anti-hentai crowd :
Needless
serkei
the kid friendly
gundam series
and any 4kids dubbed animes

My recommendation list:

Cowboy Bebop- Spaceships, jazz, and bounty hunters who can't make a buck.

Samurai Champloo- Feudal Japan, hip-hop, and breakdance fighting! Made by the same guy who made Bebop.

Trigun

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler- I need to find Kuroshitsuji 2, but yes, it's cool. Very different from the manga, but still good. Ep. 12 made me cry a little.

Gankutsuo- Very good, if you can get past the fact that OMG CLOTHING TEXTURES DON'T MOVE.

Ghost In The Shell- Start with the original movie, if you haven't seen it, then find Innocence, then Stand Alone Complex. Laughing Man Case is still the best case they've had. And OMG Tachikoma I want one.

Serial Experiments Lain- Very short, very trippy series about what happens when the "wired" world meets ours. Some adult themes.

GTO/Great Teacher Onizuka- Yeah, just watch it. It's awesome.

Saiyuki- Good story, voice acting is good most of the time. Unfortunately, the sequel series has a different production company, and the sequel to that has a DIFFERENT production company, so the voice acting changes every time, and it's not really worth dealing with. First series is good, though.

Yu-Gi-Oh (Uncut Japanese Ver.)- The REAL Yu-Gi-Oh. As in, Tristan doesn't make it past Ep. 5, and Bandit Keith doesn't last 20 minutes. You have been warned.

Excel Saga- LOLWHUT to the max.

Interstella 5555- Not an anime, per se, but rather a really long music video. It was done by the folks who made Robotech, and it's based around the Discovery album by Daft Punk.

Youre tlking about the green haired kaiba version? I just read a bunch of manga chapters, yugi played mokuba and the looser would loose a finger, pretty harsh stuff.

Finished FMA, Brotherhood is next, looking forward to it because if its better then it has to be amazing because FMA was amazing. Although I didnt like the ending that much.

SPOILER

I was hopeing for a better explanation of the gate and stuff, that other world stuff made no sence IMO

END

To put spoilers in a post, you should do this:

Put a quote in your post, then use white color font, that way, people have to highlight the text to see the words.

Now, about FMA, if you watch "The Conqueror of Shambala" it'll explain a bit, but I still didn't like the ending, in fact I liked it less after watching the movie.

FMA Brotherhood said:
This is how you do it

[noparse]
FMA Brotherhood said:
This is how you do it
[/noparse]

Pilot Candidate... really wish it were finished in anime, but I still watch what they did make over and over.

It went unfinished?

Hmmm, I never really liked that show. It still sits as a "1" on my anime list. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was a combination of things that put me off enough to hit it with the bad stick and put it amongst the ranks of Vampire Wars, Psychic Wars, and Street Fighter II V.

If there was a show that I would really reccomend to anyone, it would have to be Kemono no Souja Erin (The Beast Player, Erin). The light novels it was adapted from were a deal more violent and some of that never saw the light of day in the anime. What results is a more kid-friendly version that replaces the more brutal action with animated cave paintings. Aside from that, you start the story off with a girl that wants to grow up and become a vetinarian and somewhere along the way you see war, political backstabbings, injustice, and other things of the sort... all done in a manner that doesn't go the way of convolution. It's a piece I find that all ages can enjoy.

Last edited:
Fooly Cooly is back on!

^Not counting the one episode in the original with the butcher that they didn't show on TV. It's on the DVD, and very disturbing. o_O

It was shown the first two times through.

It went unfinished?

Hmmm, I never really liked that show. It still sits as a "1" on my anime list.

Then I guess you didn't care for Evangelion, Turn∀ (or any of the other Gundam for that matter), or Code Geass either then, huh?

Last edited:
id recomend infinite stratos its a mech anime where the only people who can use the mechs are girls/women except for 1 guy
kore wa zombie desuk its an anime about the life of a zombie

Last edited:
To put spoilers in a post, you should do this:

Put a quote in your post, then use white color font, that way, people have to highlight the text to see the words.

Now, about FMA, if you watch "The Conqueror of Shambala" it'll explain a bit, but I still didn't like the ending, in fact I liked it less after watching the movie.

[noparse][/noparse]

Doesn't actually work for us tapatalk users..

But! AngelBeats? It's a shortie, only 13 episodes about the kids who died without really experiencing normal adolesence going to high school in the afterlife. If you do well, you move on. There's one group, however, who still want to fight the system are working to make that world their own and do what they want pretty much. Very funny, somewhat sad.

Doesn't actually work for us tapatalk users..

But! AngelBeats? It's a shortie, only 13 episodes about the kids who died without really experiencing normal adolesence going to high school in the afterlife. If you do well, you move on. There's one group, however, who still want to fight the system are working to make that world their own and do what they want pretty much. Very funny, somewhat sad.

I don't know what tapatalk is, but I don't see how that would not be possible. If you have any kind of text entering program, you can do "spoiler tags"

Bracket, Q, U, O, T, E, =, Thing you are quoting, Close Bracket, Bracket, C, O, L, O, R, =, W, H, I, T, E, Close Bracket, Thing you want to say, Bracket, Forward Slash, C, O, L, O, R, Close Bracket, Bracket, Forward Slash, Q, U, O, T, E, Close Bracket.

There you go.

It's a forum reading app for ipods and such. Quotes come out as grey text indented next to a grey bar no matter how the poster originally formatted it.

Then I guess you didn't care for Evangelion, Turn∀ (or any of the other Gundam for that matter), or Code Geass either then, huh?

Actually, I liked those series (barring Geass because it ripped off of LOGH). I rated them quite high in my animelist that I linked in a previous post. If there were a mecha series I would certinly reccomend, it would have to be the 08th M.S. Team or Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket.

For giggles, I think I'll try rewatching Pilot Candidate. Not so much for the nostalgia of ye olde days of [as], but to remember exactly why I didn't like it.

It's a forum reading app for ipods and such. Quotes come out as grey text indented next to a grey bar no matter how the poster originally formatted it.

Ah, then that would be an issue.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a great shonen title to watch. And as I've said previously, TTGL and Ghost in the Shell are excellent as well.

Back