Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sableye donk-how to combat it

Agreed, and that's the worst possible scenario for the health of the game.

I guess I sound bigoted again :wink:

definitely! hahaha

:thumb:

I'm going to have to whip out my Steelix GL deck. Three steelix GL just can't be taken down T1!

...lol

---------- Post added 04/17/2011 at 05:27 PM ----------

What you guys don't realise isn't that "Sabledonk" is the problem - Sableye in general is the problem. The problem is that you can Collector for Giratina, mesprit and something else, Let Loose + Psychic Bind and then impersonate Initiative before they have a turn. The donks are a problem, but they're not even the MAIN problem. I really hope they change the going first rule, cause it's so dumb.

Oh no, I very well realize that, I am just trying to be on-topic on the sabledonk thread. :thumb:

Double Initiative sounds fun with a nice chatot g lock on the side. mmm

definitely! hahaha

:thumb:

I'm going to have to whip out my Steelix GL deck. Three steelix GL just can't be taken down T1!

...lol

Bit rusty here, but Steelix GL has 110 HP no?
Assuming you start triple Steelix GL, that means I gotta Seeker one to your hand, then KO the other two.
Sableye + SP Dark + Expert Belt = enough to KO a 70 HP poke at all times, so we need to do 40 damage to one, 110 to Nr. 2

4 Crobat G
4 Poketurn
80 already, 70 to go.
4 Junk Arm
120 already, means we have:
1 Seeker
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Poke Blower+

To achieve the last 30 damage. Yeah....yes, they can be taken down.

When I was starting to play this game, I played Flygon/Weavile, with 4 Spiritomb 4 Sableye, 3-3-3-1 Flygon 2-2 Weavile 2-2 Claydol 4 Call 4 Roseannes. Then it would sound like the weirdest deck building ever. But now? Not so much.

I was thinking this:

4 Tomb
4 Sableye
3-3-3 Magenzone/Something that either makes stuff retreat, or can afford to waste energy
1 Unown Dark
1 Crobat

4 Collector
2 Seeker

4 Call
1 Sp Dark.

Or maybe something less clunky like:

3-1 Gigas(Or some 90+ HP playable attacker)
4 Sableye
3 Mesprit
2 Giratina let loose
1 Unown Dark
1 Crobat

4 Collector
3 Seeker
2 Initiative
1 Judge

4 Call
1 Sp Dark

Right now I'm leaning towards the latter. Sableye disruption with donking power, and can survive the donk. Preferably no basic energy in the above list for Gigas at least. Just DCE's Calls and Warps/Rescue. Seems like a better option than SableDonk if you don't want to be a conformist. I feel that if you can survive the donk/ get past t2, you should auto win vs Sableye.

The easiest way to avoid donk is by running 35 basic pokemon in your deck. Then when you start with a full bench against a Sableye you can laugh your head off

35 basics is a bit out there, but I'd say you need to get a hand where you have at least 4 basic Pokemon, otherwise you have a good chance of losing (this doesn't include Spiritomb and Sableye).

I think the more you start to win the more you'll see less of it because most people disregard playing other Sableye donk things in their calculations and stuff. Sableye donk really isn't anything more than Uxie donk that always gets to go first, and Uxie donk loses even when it goes second all the time.

Sableye is still a great starter in any deck with the new rules, and it'll be popular and you'll see a lot of it. But I think over Battle Roads we'll see people come up with things to counter it and having a popular card is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think the more you start to win the more you'll see less of it because most people disregard playing other Sableye donk things in their calculations and stuff. Sableye donk really isn't anything more than Uxie donk that always gets to go first, and Uxie donk loses even when it goes second all the time.

Sableye is still a great starter in any deck with the new rules, and it'll be popular and you'll see a lot of it. But I think over Battle Roads we'll see people come up with things to counter it and having a popular card is not necessarily a bad thing.

And what've you accomplished that we haven't? Sableye IS a threat.

dittobolic ditto for president, like a boss

this guy counters Arceus AND disrupts Sabledonk nicely. After a lot of testing, sabledonk REALLY needs all 5 bench spaces.

I just wasted a ton of time going over 69 pages of basic pokemon that are legal this format. goodness.

Outside of spiritomb and, of course your own sableye, Ditto just walks... err sludges... all over sabledonk.

*two to three other basic pogeymanz needed*

dittobolic ditto for president, like a boss

this guy counters Arceus AND disrupts Sabledonk nicely. After a lot of testing, sabledonk REALLY needs all 5 bench spaces.

I just wasted a ton of time going over 69 pages of basic pokemon that are legal this format. goodness.

Outside of spiritomb and, of course your own sableye, Ditto just walks... err sludges... all over sabledonk.

*two to three other basic pogeymanz needed*

cause its sooo hard for sabledonk to drop 4 bats/turns to get their bench space back

seriously the only things the simi-reliably stop the donk are spiritomb and other sableyes

Sorry, but you can't have Pokemon business without the seriousness.

You just can't.

Back