Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Another potentially bad idea from me

Slowbro and Mismagius.
Madkinesis.
Magical Trans.
Hand in hand.
More words needed.

Was looking through my mega pile of cards that my parents hate to see dominating my bed (funny when the cat tries to take over), and saw Slowbro HS and Mismagius UL. I figured that Slowbro would be the main hitter, and Mismagius moves psychic energy about the place to Slowbros that need it.

What do you think?

It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately there's no great way to get the energies in play to begin with. Possibilities might include Lugia Legend, Salamence, the non-Prime Ampharos (need a L or rainbow energy for that) or SF Drifblim (probably the best bet... you can also search for Misdreavus and Slowpoke with it.) You could also possibly use Legend Box with Ho-oh Legend, which could double as another possible attacker. But all these methods are really clunky. They might work some of the time, but I can't see any of them being consistent ways to get energy into play fast enough.

Another option... hide behind a LA Torkoal while you set up so your Pokemon with energies don't get sniped until you have plenty of energies in play. Also, maybe use Flint's Willpower along with some SP Pokemon (Drifblim FB or Crobat G are good candidates). And when some of your energies hit the discard pile, use Jirachi to get them back.

That said... Slowbro is just too fragile. If it survives an attack, you could possibly use Dodrio to switch your Slowbros around until they all have damage, then heal them all with a Blissey Prime. But then we're getting into the problem of running way too many Pokemon for the deck to have any sort of consistency. I just can't see this deck idea turning into anything more than a fun deck that might get lucky and win once in a while.

It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately there's no great way to get the energies in play to begin with. Possibilities might include Lugia Legend, Salamence, the non-Prime Ampharos (need a L or rainbow energy for that) or SF Drifblim (probably the best bet... you can also search for Misdreavus and Slowpoke with it.) You could also possibly use Legend Box with Ho-oh Legend, which could double as another possible attacker. But all these methods are really clunky. They might work some of the time, but I can't see any of them being consistent ways to get energy into play fast enough.

Another option... hide behind a LA Torkoal while you set up so your Pokemon with energies don't get sniped until you have plenty of energies in play. Also, maybe use Flint's Willpower along with some SP Pokemon (Drifblim FB or Crobat G are good candidates). And when some of your energies hit the discard pile, use Jirachi to get them back.

That said... Slowbro is just too fragile. If it survives an attack, you could possibly use Dodrio to switch your Slowbros around until they all have damage, then heal them all with a Blissey Prime. But then we're getting into the problem of running way too many Pokemon for the deck to have any sort of consistency. I just can't see this deck idea turning into anything more than a fun deck that might get lucky and win once in a while.

Jirachi UL with a decent discard engine could serve as viable accel.

Decks with prominent Psychic and Lightning weaknesses aren't going to last long in this meta. Plus the use of an accelerator is too complicated to set up whilst you're being Trainer locked to prevent speed or rushed or donked or disrupted to within an inch of your life. HP of everything's too low as well.

Could be better next format, when hopefully the bulk of SP would be rotated. I figure it can be nice with Jirachi UL as well. Looks like a deck like this will have to wait a while to become competitive.

A similar engine could work with Jirachi UL + Mismagius OR Shaymin UL with Gothitelle. It has exact same attack as Slowbro, and as an added bonus it provides a trainer lock and more HP.

i've been using a a slowbro/slowking mismagius muk exeggutor deck as my fun league deck for a while now
heres the list (be aware this is mostly what cards do i have left over to make an ok deck with)

4-3-1 slowpoke slowbro slowking
3-2 mismagius
3-2 exeggutor
2-1 muk

3 bebes
3 engineer's
3 ssu
2 judge
2 prof oak visit
2 volkners
1 prof oak new theory
1 luxury ball