Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infinite Energy Lock

SolarPichu

Here's an idea I wanted to mess around with before the rotation. Basically the goal is to create an energy lock by abusing Stormfront Empoleon's Power every turn. It requires Clefable's attack, Politoed's Power, Dodrio's Body, and Broken Time Space. So here's the order of events for a standard turn: Bench Piplup, use Politoed's Power to switch Piplup with Active Clefable, evolve to Empoleon, retreat via Dodrio, use Fairy Power to return Empoleon to your hand. Doing this every turn will prevent energy every turn, but the goal is to get it setup as early as possible (like Turn 2). Obviously that would be very hard, which is why you would have Seeker, Super Scoop Up, Rare Candy, etc., for Empoleon before you can get Clefable and Dodrio set up. As for doing damage, a Skuntank G tech can be added. Let me know what you think! =]

The idea is great, but unfortunately by the time you get all that stuff set up (if you ever do) your opponent will have something ready to attack and will kill off all your Clefables or mess you up even before you get the lock in. :/

^ Or just use gyarados...

I really hate saying this because Gyarados is the one deck that kept me from winning states, but you can't be kept from building a deck because ONE other deck beats it. I don't know if you agree with me and just listed it as another reason for this not to work, but if it had I would've encouraged him even though Gyarados beats it every time.

That's great and all, but how do you take prizes?

EDIT: Wow, I'm stupid. I gotta remember to read the entire post next time XD

Last edited:
Judge can ruin the infinite loop...

Oooh, I will ssu all my stuff with an attack.

oooh, I will Judge you so you lose it all...

Judge can ruin the infinite loop...

Oooh, I will ssu all my stuff with an attack.

oooh, I will Judge you so you lose it all...

Oooh, way to sound like a tool.

interesting idea, SolarPichu, that is really creative actually.

Nice concept, but like many things in this current format, it just can be wiggled out of or is inconsistent. One or both of these fallacies really hurt decks like this. :/

Keep thinking of cool concepts though! I imagine next format to be much more forgiving when it comes to rogue ideas.

Back