Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(1) Finland is the first to play Nationals (7 May)

Rainbowgym

I hope we will read something about the EU Nationals, Finland being to first to be played.

Will there be a new deck to win any Nationals, or are we going to see the boring all over same decks we have seen the last year?

Last edited:
So Finland Nationals are today?

If so, I too certainly look forward to hearing the results :)

Hopefully someone can keep us informed.

Esa J. won Masters with Gengar in what was said to be very intense final game, Tom R. was 2nd with Luxchomp. Eelis P. played Luxchomp and got to Top 4, don't recall who was the other T4er.

Top8 had Tomi S. playing Regigigas, Juuso P. playing DialgaChomp, Vesa H. playing Sablelock and onre more which I can't really recall. :)

Let's hope for more accurate results later when the tournament organizers get online!

Hi, this was 3rd year I was TO in Finland Nats. Here are some results.

Attendance: 118 players
72 Masters (2 flights, 6 swiss + top16)
34 Seniors (6 swiss + top8)
12 Juniors (4 swiss + finals)

Masters:

1. Esa J. (5 times Nats winner, Worlds top8), VileLostGar
2. Tom R. (1 time Nats winner, Worldchampion 2007), Luxchomp
3. Karri M. (Last years Senior Nats champion), Luxchomp
4. Eelis P. Luxchomp
Decks 5-8. Gigas, DialgaChomp, Luxchomp, SableLock
9. Miska S. (Former Senior Worldchampion 2006) Luxchomp (only person undefeated after swiss rounds)

Other Master information:
out of 72 players:
14 luxchomps
9 vilelostgars
8 gyaravariants
6 tyranitars
Other decks less than 4

Seniors:

1. Johannes M. mew/gyara
2. Mikko A. Dialga/chomp
3. Heikki K. (Worlds top4 Junior 2009), VileLostGar
4. Tuomo H. Steelix

Juniors:

1. Aino K. Magnezone
2. Elina K. Tyranitar
3. Leo M. Gengar/dusknoir
4. Ville V. VileGar

Results of 2010 :
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124941&page=5
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124941&page=6

Finland Nationals (118 players)

Master:
1. Sami G(Magnezone/Mr. Mime)
2. Rasmus M(GG)
3. Riikka-Lotta P(Kingdra/Machamp)
4. Petri T.(Blaziken FB/EnteiRaikou/tech)
5. Tuomas K. (Gyarados-Palkia)
6. Tomi S. (Regigigas)
7. Tonu T. (GG)
8. Juha-Pekka R. (Gyarados-Luxray)

Senior:
1. Karri M(Luxchomp)
2. Niko K(Luxchomp)
3. Henrik L(Luxray/Jumpluff)
4. Pekka A)(Luxchomp)

Junior:
1. Heikki K(Luxchomp)
2. Tim M(Gengar/Garchomp)
3. Caj T(Cursegar)
4. Rasmus K(Togekiss/Magmortar)

And now you can compare.

Last edited:
Wow, I´m astonished, that VileLostGar did so well. Not that I thought, it´s a bad deck, but I wasn´t so sure if it´s getting problems with time. Luxchomps... so happy I´ll never see them again, after rotation.

I am surprised that VileLostGar caught on so much in Europe, to my knowledge it never got kickstarted here, i know it got T8 @ IN States but didn't hear about it to much, grats to all top cutters :)

I like that Regigigas, manned by the same player, got top 8 two years in a row.

I'm also glad Vilegar won.

Yeah, I had an interesting tournament with Regigigas... Hadn't played for 5 months, overslept in the tournament morning so I missed the first round and started 0-1, then won 8 games in a row until I lost 2-1 to tournament winner in Top8.

Too bad it's a last tourney for Gigas, would have loved to give it the last spin at Worlds.

But yeah, the right person took the tourney, I'm just a bit sad that we had to play the "final" in T8. ;)

Congrats to Esa...with his performance, he gave us another proof of how much he deserved to win XX National Championships in his carreer!

I hope to see you in S.Diego, my friend!

Wow, FIFTH time Nats winner! That's impressive. It's also kind of cool you had the exact same number of players this year as you did last year. :D

The subject of this topic confuses me. When it's open in a background tab, it makes me believe I have a new notification on Facebook. :[

OH I numbered the topics, so you can easy see how many weekends of Nationals and which one is next.
Sorry if it's confusing.

No problem Lia, I was just joking around ;) I actually think it's a pretty good idea!

Last edited:
Back