Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Ugly Announces ...

Sooo... any results here yet? What round are we playing here now? Who's doing well here?

edit: I honestly hope that Reed wins the lottery on this one - he really deserves to go to World's in my opinion, due to his hard work, sportsmanship and spirit of the game. But whoever wins in Masters will represent Canada well I'm sure. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
I do not know how what ended up winning.....however Reed won the draw having had 25 entry's in the draw.

There were 48 players, first round had 16 players with a by and 32 players playing for the first round.

Three way tie in votes for cards were Mew Donphan and Legend Box (3 votes each) Legend box and Donphan were chosen for the ban list.

Round 2 Zekrom (9 votes) and Mew (6 votes) were banned

Round 3 Tepig and Yanmega were the finals cards to be banned.

Round 4 top 8 no cards were banned. Popular decks left mostly had boufalant and cinccino.

Here's my ugly cup record

7-2

R1: Bye (top 64)

1-0

R2: ??? Krockadile w/Yanmega ( top 32)

I lose first game due to misplays and bad hand, and I win the other two due to lucky rolls and my opponent having trouble setting up.

2-0

R3: ??? Cincinno w/Zoruark (top 16)

My opponent, couldn't really get anything going for the first two games, so I won.

3-0

So yanmega gets banned which i'm running which I get a bit mad, but then started laughing about the loss.

R4: ??? Magneboar (top 8)

My opponent got tepig banned so I had a fairly easy time winning.

4-0

R5: ??? Samurott (top 4)

My opponent demolishes me first game, but next two games I kinda donked?

5-0

R6: Chris V Cincinno w/Zoruark and Yanmega

First game wasn't that good considering I couldn't really get rid of his cincinno's.

5-1

Second game he takes a lead 3-2 with only a single prize left, but I kill his final cincinno because he can't get another one going and despite of that he losses.

6-1

Third game I try to make a comeback, try to get rid of his energy's in his hand I would had him, but lets just say a card was prized at the wrong time causing me the game lol GG!

6-2

So I finished 2nd for seniors and it was a great day! But get nothing out of the raffle :/

OK

I have no idea what actually won, because once the banning was done, there wasn't much of anyone's orginal decks left. But it would appear that Zoroak and Cincino survived in most of the final decks and carried the day.

The actual winners of the Ugly Cup Tournament were:

Allen X. - Juniors
Chris V. - Seniors
Jason L. - Masters

In the draw it was

Justin L. - Juniors (through the Nats)
Josh M. - Seniors (through the UC)
Reed M. - Masters (through the Nats)

Thanks to all the players for showing up and lasting through probably the largest manually paired tournament ever run in Canada...

Thanks to Dave and Charles who helped through the day in keeping things running well.

Ugly Out

Terry, thank you for generously taking the time and money to put together this tournament again. Once again the format was amazing and provided a unique challenge (especially after my zekroms were taken away...)

Congrats to Justin josh and Reed. Best of luck to you at worlds.
Posted with Mobile style...

Back