Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Live Canadian Nationals 2 July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
yanmeg is going to be like $35 now. And magnezone will be like $50. Crazy.. I love how weavile/ambipom did so well. Probably threw people off alot. Weavile to look @their hand, then remember where the good cards were, and use astonish. Next turn another weavile evo and astonish. Do that as you set something up.. Seems like alot of fun.

The deck works pretty well but it's not exactly as you described. Good luck memorizing where cards are when everyone and their grandma shuffles their hand every five seconds. Regardless, I hope the guy with Ambipom/Weavile takes it but at the same time I don't want the deck to get really popular.

Hey remember a few pages back when everyone was calling that guy a scrub for saying Magneboar wasn't consistent enough to do well at a major tournament...

With the enormous amount of people playing it, of course a few people will dodge the bad matchups. Also Zach's skill level could have something to do with it. Also, my predictions:

1. Juan Carlos Lorenzo
2. Charles Dutrisac
3. Julian Wong
4. Colman Fung

Last edited:
It's at T16 now with a good player (Zach Lesage), so I wouldn't be suprised if it got T8 or better.

Yes, it will likely get a good place. However, if you can take these results seriously, it shows that MagneBoar is not the run away BDIF like everyone was saying.

This last week before nationals is going to be interesting.

This is also the person who said Lost World would break the game.

Yea we were wrong about that. Word was that it was cleanining up in Japan in Games with 3 prizes, but it turned out that deck certainly was much adu about nothing. But Magezone is slow. Ninetails is way faster and more consistant. And it dose not matter how many cards your have in your hand to draw. Speed is what wins games. And not having to lost zone your energy to attack goes wthought saying. Congrats to the Manezone players that did top cut. I see two made it in Masters T16 and two made it in seniors T8. We will see how they do tomrrow and if they win then I will of course admit I was wrong about the deck, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Quite possibly because your magneboar is using the wrong engine to get set up. I had to try a few different lists before I found one that had T2-T3 Zone as often as needed.

I just have not seen one consistant in either Battle Roads when it was easier for it to be consistant then now or at Leage. It allways seems to fall behind in prizes and either have to play catch up or it decks itself in long games when both players are set up. It might be that Washington players are using inferior lists, but the metagame payed here is usually on par with anyone elses. That is also why I was not a fan of vilegar.

One of Washingtons top players tried Vilegar in Cities and could not find success with it so IF Ross C can not make a deck work for him, then I do not see how it can be considered a Top tier Deck.

Last edited:
I just have not seen one consistant in either Battle Roads when it was easier for it to be consistant then now or at Leage. It allways seems to fall behind in prizes and either have to play catch up or it decks itself in long games when both players are set up. It might be that Washington players are using inferior lists, but the metagame payed here is usually on par with anyone elses. That is also why I was not a fan of vilegar.

IF Ross C can not make a deck work for him, then I do not see how it can be considered a Top tier Deck.

Is Ross C supposed to be a well-known player? Be smart and decking and catching up won't be a big problem. The deck isn't that slow either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back