Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Two more Emerging Powers cards revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the ferrothorn from ANY japanese set that we know of yet, or is it an English exclusive?

I wouldn't be too surprised if Ferrothorn is in the set twice if they bothered making a second one instead of using the existing one...

The pre-release card for EP is also the BW-P Promo Gigalith!

@Frost: Link?

Well, my list was right on for these two as far as numbering goes. XD That's amazing. We had two Ferroseeds (White & Battle Strength) so I suspected another Ferrothorn.

The relevant section:

30. Beartic
Emolga
Emolga
Emolga
Joltik
Galvantula
Thundurus
Woobat
Venipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Sigilyph
Sigilyph
Gothita
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
47. %Gothitelle
Litwick
Roggenrola
Roggenrola
Boldore
Boldore
53. (?) Gigalith
Gigalith
Drilbur
Drilbur
Excadrill
Throh
Sawk
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
63. Terrakion
Landorus
Zorua
Zorua
Zorua
Zoroark
Zoroark
Ferroseed
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
73. Ferrothorn
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
77. Cobalion

I still don't think I'm right on. 3 Litwick & a lonely Woobat are kind of suspicious. I'm thinking one of the Litwicks is going to be an English exclusive Excadrill.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised more cards haven't been revealed yet at this point, to be honest.

WPM probably just found the new Worlds site early. It's posted there, but still too small to see the set number.

@Tash: We've got 20 cards revealed with pictures, and another 13 revealed by being pre-evolvements of revealed cards. 33/98 is basically a third of the set. Normally, with just over 2 weeks until the first PR, that's normal. However, since Worlds is making a THIRD PR weekend... Things get a little screwy. *ahem* Anyway, rest assured we'll know the set in its entirety next Sunday or Monday.

It's actually not bad. For three energy it can kill babies. For four energy it can kill a lot of common basics like Oddish. It's not like we've got anything in the format that happens to be the same Stage and does that for 2 or even no energy. :p

^Lickilicky already has Power Whip with the same effect, better typing, equally bad wekaness, better HP and a decent second attack. Oh, and its attack cost starts at 1, not 2.

Ferrothorn is trash.

Original Japanese BW set Ferrothorn > Our English exclusive Ferrothorn.

At least that one can nearly KO Kyurem when it comes out. OHKO it with a Plus Power. The only think I like about the new Ferrothorn over the old one is the artwork.
~Cyber~

^Lickilicky already has Power Whip with the same effect, better typing, equally bad wekaness, better HP and a decent second attack. Oh, and its attack cost starts at 1, not 2.

Ferrothorn is trash.

Sarcasm detector = broken. XD I was actually referring to Yanmega Prime, a card that's *ahem* mildly popular right now.

I know, i got the sarcasm xD I was just pointing out the attack is already in the game and on one of my faovrite Pokemon, so this poser can rust in the binder xD

What do people think of Gothitelle? I personally look forward to playing it and seeing the look of horror on my opponents faces when i can play catcher but they cant. Even with low (read: awful) attacking power it can still take out basics and 3 shot all the high HP pokemon like Magnezone.

... and 3 shot all the high HP pokemon...

Well there's your problem right there. :eek:

Most people would just rather play Vileplume. Yes, it's nice to lock your opponent without locking yourself, but it requires a Stage 2 pathetic attacker to be forefront the whole game. Vileplume's a bench sitter, yes, but it's a lot easier to keep it on the bench than it is to keep Gothitelle active long enough to nab 6 prizes.

Well that is with just 1 psychic and a DCE with 2-3 psy energy it becomes 2hko against the big guys and also being able to use catcher will be key for it to pick off weak basics and babies. Gothitelle seems a lot like Luxray Lv.X in that it didn't have a huge attack but because of its ability to pick off weak benched pokemon it seems to have the upper hand. Jirachi/Shaymin could be used to setup a quick attacker.

Gothitelle seems a lot like Luxray Lv.X in that it didn't have a huge attack but because of its ability to pick off weak benched pokemon it seems to have the upper hand.

Gothitelle is nothing like Luxray.

Luxray was 'op' because it hit for 60 on turn 2 for effectively 1 energy on whatever pokemon it wanted. Also, that most basics did not have 70 hp or more (except other SPs (gastly 50; sableye 60; spiritomb 60; karp 30, oddish etc)).

Also, it was 110hp on turn 2, that whenever you damaged, would simply be healed by Garchomp or Poketurned and replayed.

They are nothing alike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back