Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2012?

Don't forget, not only are airline tickets expensive but so is hotel and food. When you go to a tourist spot like Orlando you get cheep airline, cheap hotel and cheap food. It makes it easier for the fans to participate.

Keeping the event in Hawaii only shows that Nintendo cares little about the players. It is sad to see a company ignore their customers. I know of other families that have said that if they are unable to go to worlds they may stop playing all together. You would think Nintendo would be looking to increase revenue not discourage players from participating.

I can honestly say that my family will not be looking to play as much knowing there is no chance for us to participate at worlds. We won't bother with nats because we don't have a chance of winning a trip to worlds, so points don't matter.

Good work Nintendo, way to kill a great game.

How about something like actually impressive for pokemon like in a huge city.
Here would be my top picks:
1. New York City, New York, USA
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. London, England
4. Berlin, Germany
I'm pretty sure that if you can get to Hawaii, you can get to any of these.

Definitely agree with this.

Worlds in London?! Oh, yes :)

I would say
Lets have worlds in Europe some time
Then most players know how much money it cost to get to worlds eat sleep and saty there
My creditcard still hurts from worlds 2005
lol

Lia for the win

Those of you who are unhappy with the apparent cycle of worlds locations, I would suggest doing some reasearch and writing up a detailed explantion of why Worlds should be held somewhere else. Collaborate with some other people on the article so that you can come up with multiple points of view. In particular, I would try to get opinions from a variety of age and location groups.

I think P!P would like the focus of most US players to be Nationals and not Worlds. I cannot speak for the European players but maybe it is true for you as well. By selecting Hawaii there will be fewer players without invites attending which will mean a smaller LCQ. This may not be the only reason for selecting Hawaii but it may have been one decision factor.

Awful decision, no worlds for me I guess...

And yeah, I won my trip last time so Ive been there and I still wouldve liked some other place way better, hawai is nice but its really isolated expensive and getting there is a nightmare. Id also like to have worlds where I can hang around with my friends etc but they cant get there, and a ton of invites get lost.

Even if you win a trip, staying there for longer is not really an option so you have toi fly to another island afterwards and its really stressful and expensive. I loved orlando tbh.

Probably not going to play too much this season, no point in getting an invite :(

whether it be japan, orlando, new york or europe there will always be a group of players who will find the trip relatively expensive compared to other players. unfortunately if you want to attend worlds you will need the money to attend it. yes it favors people who have money or the capacity to earn the money required to attend worlds. it seems unfair but thats the reality of life.

By givibn Europe more attnetion and love maybe some more players will start an or come back to the game and not leave the game

whether it be japan, orlando, new york or europe there will always be a group of players who will find the trip relatively expensive compared to other players. unfortunately if you want to attend worlds you will need the money to attend it. yes it favors people who have money or the capacity to earn the money required to attend worlds. it seems unfair but thats the reality of life.

The problem is Worlds has been exclusively held in the US since the inception of the game. If the locations rotatated between Europe/Japan/North America each year then there would be far less of an issue.

The problem is Worlds has been exclusively held in the US since the inception of the game. If the locations rotatated between Europe/Japan/North America each year then there would be far less of an issue.

Which is why I find it hilarious that the people complaining about Hawaii (which is a part of the US) seem to be mostly Americans.

There was a dearth of food in the downtown area. That was the main problem from what I remember.

Yeah... :rolleyes:

you point... haha

i'm mostly just messing around

---------- Post added 08/13/2011 at 10:22 PM ----------

There was a dearth of food in the downtown area. That was the main problem from what I remember.

There are more food options here now. They've spent a TON of money working on revitalizing the downtown. It's not great, but it's on it's way.

:thumb:

Back