Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

World Championships COMPLETED RESULTS

You got a good point with the donations but I'm not really disappointed. These guys don't have to do any kind of coverage, there is no obligation for them too. They do it because they want to and you should at least be a little grateful for that. I do agree that there should've more tweets but would you rather have be like usual, having to wait until some players post their list AFTER the tournament. Or wait until Jason comes through with a list of who played what. (Not disrespect Jason, I GREATLY appreciate what you do)

But I will say this: If you were one of the people who gave them money for that kind of stuff, then by all means be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that things like this take effort, and it defenatly is a cause to be working towards. They've got along way to go to reach their goal of having M:TG level event coverage.

Of course I'll wait and see what their post worlds coverage will end up being like before I make any final judgement. However like I said before, what they've done as far as "live" updates is quite a bit less then we were led to believe it would be.

The Top Cut did a magnificent coverage of Nationals. If most aren't in the top cut today, we may see more coverage of day 2.

edit: funny what I just wrote.

I was thinking the same thing about Nationals...and Worlds coverage by The Top Cut is even worse. It's not that they HAVE to give all the up dates, its that they said they were going to by way of relentless self promotion and that they asked for donations and even offered sponsorship packages.

Last edited:
They'll probably post everything after everything is said and done. Seeing how Kyle, Pram and Drew played today there is only so much one man can do. They did however get close to an entire game between JWittz and Jayson Harry, which I admit to the nerd that I am, am anxious to see that match up.

I thought in one of their latest videos that there are 6 people who are with the TopCut. It's just that two are behind he scenes.

I'm not blaming them for anything, and I still think that their idea is a worthy one. However, they need to be really careful about over promising and under delivering. This fan base can be pretty fickle when it comes to things like this. So, my advise would be to either tone done the advertisement or pony up and deliver.

I think most people already knew that there was not going to be live video, that's fine. It's just that most people were expecting at least Tweets from them after every round and at least some basic information about the decks. Secondary, I think that people expected their video from any given day to be up that night because that is what they did for Nats.

Again, it sounds like they are getting some cool stuff (interviews, game footage), but it won't be up until after the event for us to see.

I wonder if they have given up on trying to stream the Top Cut Invitational yet? That was what I was most excited for from those guys today. I still have hope...

---------- Post added 08/14/2011 at 07:42 AM ----------

Masters Division
Sami Sekkoum (GB) Yanmega/Magnezone
Dylan Bryan (US)
Luke Reed (US)
Josh Wittenkeller (US) Yanmega/Magnezone
Tom Dolezal (US) Reshiram/Typhlosion
Jeremy Jallen (US) Reshiram/Typhlosion
David Meulenbroeks (NL)
Lorenzo Voltolina (IT)
Filipp Lausch (AT)
David Cohen (US)
Mitchel Silva (US) Reshiram/Typhlosion
Jay Hornung (US)
Miska Saari (FI)
Josue Palomino (MX)
Dylan Lefavour (US)
Ross Cawthon (US) Crazy Disruption / Red Face Powder (I’ve heard rumors of a Sunflora)

Here's the stuff I've seen. Can anyone fill in more blanks?

I am the only one that noticed that there are NO japanese players in masters t16? What is up with that?

Go read some of the day 2 thread. There were only two total Japanese players in the main event. I would imagine that a lot of it was just that the probability of them getting in is very low with just two. Also, they did not have their qualifiers. So, even though they are sets ahead, theydid not have a lead up tourny to retest the format.
Posted with Mobile style...

Masters Division
Dylan Bryan (US)
Luke Reed (US)
David Meulenbroeks (NL)
Lorenzo Voltolina (IT)
Filipp Lausch (AT)
David Cohen (US)
Jay Hornung (US)
Miska Saari (FI)
Josue Palomino (MX)
Dylan Lefavour (US)
Ross Cawthon (US) Crazy Disruption / Red Face Powder (I’ve heard rumors of a Sunflora)

Lorenzo Voltolina= MagneBoar

Masters Division
Dylan Bryan (US)
Luke Reed (US) Reshiram/Typhlosion
David Meulenbroeks (NL)
Lorenzo Voltolina (IT) Magnezone/Emboar
Filipp Lausch (AT)
David Cohen (US)
Jay Hornung (US)
Miska Saari (FI)
Josue Palomino (MX)
Dylan Lefavour (US)
Ross Cawthon (US) Crazy Disruption / Red Face Powder (I’ve heard rumors of a Sunflora

Is is the best I got
Posted with Mobile style...

Back