Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ELECTRIC BUGaloo (Breaking down Yanmega/Magnezone) UPDATED for the NEW SEASON!

Luckily I dont' have to worry about this decklist with my Umbreon/Meganium deck. Umbreon walls off nearly all of your damage dealers and Blissey Prime drops keep my bench from being effectively sniped (not that I would really build a bench in this matchup anyway).

Luckily I dont' have to worry about this decklist with my Umbreon/Meganium deck. Umbreon walls off nearly all of your damage dealers and Blissey Prime drops keep my bench from being effectively sniped (not that I would really build a bench in this matchup anyway).

Until the zone player grabs his fire countering kingdra non prime, or samurott, or just spray splashes you to death with only 90 hp while constantly sniping your bench.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.815930,-119.724015

Until the zone player grabs his fire countering kingdra non prime, or samurott, or just spray splashes you to death with only 90 hp while constantly sniping your bench.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.815930,-119.724015

Yanmega gets up to 2 snipes of 40 damage to my bench before I two-shot them. Moonlight Fan + 4 special dark energies = 70 damage per turn. If my opponent trades me 2 or 3 prizes in this manner, what is he going to do next?? His Yanmegas are in his discard and Magnezone doesn't even get a chance to do anything to Umbreon. He also gets 2-shotted by my 70 damage. Kingdra Prime takes 9 turns of Spray Splash to knock out an Umbreon. That's not efficient enough even if you get him out on T2 (which is already unlikely). I'll take this matchup any day of the week simply because it takes you all day long to knock out a single Umbreon (I run 2 by the way). The reason I can say all this is simply because I am 12-1 versus my brother's Yanmega/Magnezone/Kingdra deck.

Samarott and Kingdra non-prime are not common techs for Yanmega/Zone either so I'm not even worried about it. Besides, it's not like my deck is only Umbreon. He's just a tech actually!!

Wait... You're honestly assuming that you will magically get all four special darkness energies onto your umbreon AND somehow I won't kill it as an eevee AND I won't just attack with magneton....

Try playing more lists than just the one. It's not that hard to avoid umbreon any more. arguably, it never was.

Here, i'll be fair. Post your list, I'll post mine, and I'll show you what I mean.

Last edited:
I honestly do not think Magnezone and its a shame that yanmega the mighty dragonfly is playing with
Lightning Poket monsters ):

I used Yanmega when it wasn't that popular and I think its a really good card I just think people get "TO"
excited on "Themed decks" that is on this front page but I do think people will make yanmega deck
but not with this deck ...
Its to "EXPENSIVE" 3x3 Yans is 180$ and Magnezone is like 30 - 50 so thats 380...
380$ wow
and not even
Gyarados was that much money you poeple sold gyarados for 30 per each even though you could
have bought the Theme deck and get a little extra then one card and all you have to mostly get is 1 Regice
and 2 crobats
I rate this deck 3/10

I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to say...

He's rating the deck purely on the basis that he finds it too expensive to build, comparing it to the cheap gyarados deck, which isn't fair on the deck or the person that made the article.

Just an update to this article:

I ran Yanmega Magnezone with great success this past BR's, going 6-0 in swiss, only losing games 2 and 3 in the final match against my worst matchup, Zekrom. (Both Donks)

I still believe it's a top tier deck, and would argue it's still the most consistent deck in the format (magnetic draw is insanely consistent). My list is a lot different than the one I originally posted, however, opting to max out the pokemon lines and key components of the deck's engine including junk arm, judge, etc. Like many have already said, I believe the best way to run it is without techs outside of Pachirisu for the energy acceleration. No tricks, no kingdra, just straight consistency cards to maximize the chances of drawing a rare candy + a way to get Magnezone for T2.

My basic Skeleton list looks like:

4-4 Yanmega
4-2-4 Magnezone
1 Pachirisu
1 Cleffa

4 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
4 Communication
3 Catcher
2 Switch (2 is a MUST, I don't care what anyone says. It's never a dead draw and you don't want to have to wait for that single copy at the bottom of your deck if you only run 1.
xx trainer tech (PlusPower, Lost Remover, Max Potion, etc)

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
xx Shuffle draw/straight Draw

10 Lightning Energy

55 cards total

5 spots left do do whatever you want. More energy is nice. I'd also recommend 2-3 more shuffle draw cards and a tech against ZPST, since it's your deck's worst match up. A Lost Remover would work here, or an extra copy of catcher or whatever.

The point is the meta has changed back to base set where THICK lines of basics are required. 3-1-3 is asking for trouble, especially against a meta with catcher and trainer lock. Your list should be built with one goal... T2 MAgnezone. Once you get a few out, the deck flows like wine and you're going to be able to draw almost anything you want.

Back