Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Gothitelle our latest over-hyped card?

chrataxe

So, I'm trying to figure out how to make Gothitelle work. Thus far, I'm just not having any luck. I see the lure: trainer lock the opponent while leaving it open for yourself. What I'm not seeing is how to set it up. There is just about no scenario I see it working. Obviously, Reuniclus is THE partner for it. So, how exactly is a slow, low damage output deck requiring 2 stage 2's supposed to work? And, to throw in another kink, how exactly is Goth supposed to get to the bench to make use of the one sided trainer lock? Retreating for 2? This seems to have problems all over it. Metagross? ANOTHER stage 2?

So, I pose the question: Am I retarded and not seeing the obvious, or should I be asking Einstein if New York stops at this hype train?

This is not a poll, rather, a discussion.

I personally think that it is hyped up there with beartic and the affects of catcher, but it ain't the highest hype right now.
Posted with Mobile style...

The deck is so difficult to build and play i think most people will dismiss it as "impossible" until some person posts a good list and everyone and their dog net decks it. (Which will end bad because its also hard to play) The few who will stick with it could be rewarded with a very good deck, maybe even tier 1. Most people now want the fast, auto pilot decks like luxchomp of old and don't want to stick with "hard" decks because we in general want easy wins.

It's not supposed to get to the bench. It's Ability only works if it's active.

Reuniclus can move all the damage to something with a lot of HP. Hmmmm, what Pokemon has high HP in the game that can soak up all that damage?..........

It's not supposed to get to the bench. It's Ability only works if it's active.

Reuniclus can move all the damage to something with a lot of HP. Hmmmm, what Pokemon has high HP in the game that can soak up all that damage?..........

Wailord
/sarcasm

The deck is so difficult to build and play i think most people will dismiss it as "impossible" until some person posts a good list and everyone and their dog net decks it. (Which will end bad because its also hard to play) The few who will stick with it could be rewarded with a very good deck, maybe even tier 1. Most people now want the fast, auto pilot decks like luxchomp of old and don't want to stick with "hard" decks because we in general want easy wins.

Luxchomp was most certainly not "auto-pilot".

Close enough.. i went 4-1 at a state without even using it before. It only hard matchup was mirror and you could tech for that to make it easier.

Idk, I consider Typhlosion/Reshiram or most Gothitelle variants to be auto-pilot. It's basically 1. setup 2. use your abilities. Luxchomp and the new stage one decks are way more dynamic. True, we don't have anything thus far as dynamic as last season but I wouldn't call most decks auto-pilot.

Well, it needs to active, so ideally you will want something that can hit and run, like Ferrothorn (sp?), and then Dodrio to retreat Goth.

My 2 cents worth...

On my PTCGO GothLock deck, the list starts like this:

4-3-4 Goth
2-2 Mismagious
1 jirachi
1-1 Dodrio
2 max potion
1 seeker

Dodrio solves retreat cost
Mismagious/jirachi is NRG accelerate
Mismagious/dodrio/max potion continues heal and NRG power up

it a little slow, but against most decks, im behind by 2, the the deck takes 1, buffer an attack, decks takes another to tie, the deck looses a prize, then it becomes very hard for opposing deck to take 4th an after prize with this deck cycling Goths and healing attacks

Shaymin>Mismagius

Anyways, Gothitelle won't work right away until we get a decent engine for it

Agreed, Mismagius is too clunky and is only once per turn. Shaymin works with SSU and Seeker. Definitrly use Shaymin over Mismagius if you're using Max Potion with it too.

I definitely think Gothitelle could become a top tier deck, it just needs to be played right, and noone is sure what that is yet.

I have a great goth list. Its awesome. I don't think its overhyped, though.

Agreed, Mismagius is too clunky and is only once per turn. Shaymin works with SSU and Seeker. Definitrly use Shaymin over Mismagius if you're using Max Potion with it too.

I definitely think Gothitelle could become a top tier deck, it just needs to be played right, and noone is sure what that is yet.

I think you guys underestimate mismagius in this deck. With it in there you have more space for more trainers and supporters....and you do not end up with a dead card on your bench...

But please...keep on telling people how bad it is...we are fine with that

Which cards are more appropriate to have in the deck? A 1-1 Blissey Prime line, or Max Potions?

I think you guys underestimate mismagius in this deck. With it in there you have more space for more trainers and supporters....and you do not end up with a dead card on your bench...

But please...keep on telling people how bad it is...we are fine with that

Which Mismagius? UL, or UD? And please explain how you have more room for supporters and trainers and how it really helps Gothitelle.

You've posted here now, so the gig is up. Spill what you know. Enlighten us with your knowledge master. :rolleyes:

Back