1 Switch

Energy
10 :fire:
2 Rescue

Strategy
Reshiram tanks and Blue Flares.
Typhlosion restores Fire Energy and attaches them

Comments
Is this about as good as the deck can get?

Help appreciated!

Last edited:
youre running a 3-2-3 typhlosion with 4 rare candys?!
i think its better to run a 4-2-4 line with 3 candys.

Hey man! How about this:

Reshiram x4
Typhlosion 3/2/3
Cleffa x1

PONT x4
Sage's Training x3
Professor Juniper x2
PKMN Collector x4
Rare Candy x2
Pokemon Catcher x3
Pluspower x3
Junk Arm x3
Switch x2

DCE x2
Rescue x2
Fire Energy x10

There are 53 cards here, the rest you can fill up with whatever you like. I thought that running such a heavy Trainer amount would do you more harm than good, especially with the quantity of Trainer Lock decks. This is just a list I thought would work well, but feel free to say no :]

@RxWolffe - Thanks for the more in-depth reasoning. I appreciate that. The fact is however, if I am trainer locked, chances are it's a Reuniclus right? Reshiram can't deal 130 without trainers anyway, so that's already a losing situation for me, since it's near impossible to fight back with the damage being shuffled away to their bench. I'm considering the Junipers but for now instead of copycat and black belt, I opted for a 4-2-4 line since everyone and their mother just said so.

I'll try and find more space for draw power in my revised decklist.

Any other fixes?
Thanks everyone

Are you masters or lower, especially if your masters add 2-2 ninetales (hgss / col) and -3 sages -1 potion. You dont need potion use the extra damage for out rage. Also -2 rescue +2 dce to attack 1st turn with p.power to donk cleffa and solosis.

I removed Ninetales from my design because she can be easily dragged out and KO'd by Catcher. Sure, she has some awesome draw support for this deck, but yeah... Catcher.

DCE is a nice add I guess, I'll consider it, space is tight. Just need to make sure Rescue Energy isn't needed.

Your energy line is perfect. You need to find a way to add in 3 more supporters or so. You might drop the potion, 1 Junk arm, and 1 defender. Without Ninetales, you should run on the order of 10-12 draw supporters.

2 Junipers and a Cheren might work. You might consider
-3 Sages
+3 Engineers Adj

I don't like Sages much, but its your preference.

2 Junipers and a Cheren might work. You might consider
-3 Sages
+3 Engineers Adj

I don't like Sages much, but its your preference.

I think that Sages are better than Cheren; Sages Training draws you 5 cards and fuels Typhlosion, giving you a choice as well. You may end up with only 2 cards, but the advantage outweighs the card count in this sense.

Cheren in this deck is essentially a Roast Reveal for the turn without fueling Typhlosion.

I'm not thrilled with Cheren, but there aren't many choices. I'd go with 3 Junipers before I'd go with 4 Sages. With Juniper at least you know the cost before you play the card. With Sages, you plays your card and takes your chances.

You complain about catcher hurting the ninetails, but I would still include it in, it provides huge draw support, for a deck that is slower, although fast, than other decks in the format. It needs this. You complain about it being catcher'd up, yet you should be aiming to have more than one on the field at once. I'm assuming you're complaining about it being KOd when catchered, otherwise the 1 retreat cost shouldn't be an issue. If you're going to ignore the Ninetails I would try and get Engineer's adjustments to somewhat help this process of getting energies in the discard whilst drawing cards.

Also I know it's typhlosion but do they always have as little as 12 energies in them? Or am I thinking of emboar decks.

I'd advice you to keep Ninetales out, but then you probably need 4 sages, 4 juniper and maybe 2 more fire energy instead of rescue. Do you really find your Typhlosions to die that often? You also need a couple of pokegears or just add in more supporters.

This is the build I'm running. Hope it helps you figuring stuff out.

Pokemon
4 Reshiram
2-2 Ninetales
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime

T/S/S
1 Revive
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Junk Arm
3 Plus Power
3 Switch
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher