Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Noble Victories pre-realease card and also the Regionals promo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then would you so please inform me on the true meaning of broken?
If i'm not understanding it then i will listen until i do

broken was 1 for 60, healed by dragon breath, then snipe for 80 for 1. broken was get a stage two out turn one with one stadium, broken was draw till you have seven from a basic mon drop and be able to put it back into your deck to re use it, broken was power spray, turn, gain, broken was luxchomp and machamp SF... not stage two energy accel, or a 50% 120 with frail hp.

While Victini isn't that good of a flip card (that right is currently reserved for Vanilluxe in my mind) it isn't a horrible Promo card, and it makes me happy to see a big name Pokemon, it's been a bit since there was a big name Pokemon (in popularity terms, not play-ablity) It might be a fun tech or something, but I don't see it being that big.

The thing that's really cool is the stamps on the Promos this year, and believe it or not I see why they chose Shelmet (and likely Karrablast) for this years promos. In recent years we've been getting Pokemon that are related to each other. 09 had the Garchomp family (with a Garchomp C to fill the 4th slot) and last year was Politoad/Poliwrath. However due to the restrictions placed on this generation there aren't any Pokemon with a split evolution, or special cards to use as an exception. Shelmet and Karrablast while different lines, are related by their evolution, and are therefore connected. Sure it's a bit of a stretch and they aren't exactly playable, but I does make sense when you think about it.

Just got my prerelease supplies.
I think players are going to like the trainers that are in the theme decks.

Countdown to Beach leak begins NOW.

(just taking a stab here, both contain 2 Evolite, and maybe a Catcher or two)

*Disclaimer: I do not know, I am guessing*

N is in the Starter decks. O-yeah.

---------- Post added 10/26/2011 at 02:45 PM ----------

Countdown to Beach leak begins NOW.

(just taking a stab here, both contain 2 Evolite, and maybe a Catcher or two)

shouldn't we have some scans by now?

I don't expect to see cards like Pokemon Catcher or Eviolite in theme decks. Even though Pokemon Catcher is one of the best trainers ever printed and is almost a game staple. Eviolite is a niche card, where it's use in non-basic decks is sparse.

I could see an N or two being in the decks. That's nothing special, though. It'll probably be included with the same old Switch, Energy Search common randomness.

It would be nice to see N in starters after how hard Admin was to get back in the day, it wouldn't change it too drastically, but it would help.

broken was 1 for 60, healed by dragon breath, then snipe for 80 for 1. broken was get a stage two out turn one with one stadium, broken was draw till you have seven from a basic mon drop and be able to put it back into your deck to re use it, broken was power spray, turn, gain, broken was luxchomp and machamp SF... not stage two energy accel, or a 50% 120 with frail hp.
Broken are 130 HP basics that deal 120 damage or spread 30 on everything. Broken is making an opponent's Pokémon active with a simple trainer card. Broken is starting the game without having any disadvantages.

SP was broken? Yes, but at least, it took skill to play it, and it was possible to beat it with skill. Can you say the same for Zekrom or Reshiram?

It would be nice to see N in starters after how hard Admin was to get back in the day, it wouldn't change it too drastically, but it would help.
N in starter decks sounds good, but I think there will be more if PokePop says we'll like them. btw, N has two versions in the set so it might be easier to get than Catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back